Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-09-2013, 04:05 PM #22
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Sounds logical to me. Regulators are pretty finely tuned. If the cap comes loose and the guts move around, you will have problems.

At least you got it fixed!

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2013, 05:23 PM #23
fyborg

Anymore resolution on this issue? My Proton just started leaking out of the regulator this weekend. I pulled out the regulator and all my o rings seemed fine. Gave the reg a decent lube and put a fresh battery in the marker. Still have the leak in the reg. When I fire and I have my finger over the reg adjustment screw I can feel the air coming out.

Last edited by fyborg : 12-22-2013 at 05:27 PM.
fyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:43 PM #24
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyborg View Post
Anymore resolution on this issue? My Proton just started leaking out of the regulator this weekend. I pulled out the regulator and all my o rings seemed fine. Gave the reg a decent lube and put a fresh battery in the marker. Still have the leak in the reg. When I fire and I have my finger over the reg adjustment screw I can feel the air coming out.
Get a hold of Valken Winter and ask him for the updated velocity adjuster.

Otherwise, if you have a snap ring pliers you can get into it and put a thicker o-ring on the assembly or put some thick lube on there. They're not perfect fixes, but they'll get you back in the game.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:20 AM #25
MstrKey

A lil dow 55 in there might work well. Or just a tighter fitting oring if you have one.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 12-23-2013, 11:21 AM #26
ValkenWinter
Grumpy old Rockstar......

ValkenWinter works for a Paintball manufacturer
ValkenWinter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Is it leaking out of the allen key hole? If it is, Ill send out a new seat. Thats usually the problem
Old 12-28-2013, 02:06 AM #27
fyborg

Hello ValkenWinter. It is indeed leaking out of the Allen key hole. I disassembled it and lubed the orings like crazy and it slowed the leak. But if you put your ear to the grip you can still hear a leak coming from the allen key adjustment area. I'm beginning to think its been there from day one because my efficiency has never been what I expected. If you would like to send a new seat I'd love to have it.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it a great deal.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:28 AM #28
ValkenWinter

Quote:
Hello ValkenWinter. It is indeed leaking out of the Allen key hole. I disassembled it and lubed the orings like crazy and it slowed the leak. But if you put your ear to the grip you can still hear a leak coming from the allen key adjustment area. I'm beginning to think its been there from day one because my efficiency has never been what I expected. If you would like to send a new seat I'd love to have it.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it a great deal.
PM me shipping info pah-leez
Old 01-04-2014, 11:02 AM #29
fyborg

Was trying to find the pm function when I realized that you can't pm until you have posted 5 times, lol. Thus far, including this post, I have posted three times. Can I send you an email? Otherwise I can just make some small talk until I hit the 5 post mark, lol.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:05 AM #30
fyborg

Is the part you'll be sending an o-ring or some other part of the regulator? Will I need any special tools?
Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM #31
fyborg

Just got an o ring pick set for Christmas. Oops, there's five posts.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:58 AM #32
fyborg

Pm sent. Thanks again
Old 01-05-2014, 02:36 AM #33
MstrKey

rules

Quote:
Just got an o ring pick set for Christmas. Oops, there's five posts.
LOL nice.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:57 AM #34
ironcurtain

I am having the same issue. Leak develops after shooting on full auto for about 5 mins. Put your finger over the regulator and that's where air is coming from. Not taken this marker apart yet. Took another Proton apart to powder coat but its 100%!!! Whats the fix? Love this marker BTW!!
ironcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:32 AM #35
ValkenWinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcurtain View Post
I am having the same issue. Leak develops after shooting on full auto for about 5 mins. Put your finger over the regulator and that's where air is coming from. Not taken this marker apart yet. Took another Proton apart to powder coat but its 100%!!! Whats the fix? Love this marker BTW!!
Gotcha covered......
Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 AM #36
fyborg

Thanks winter, I received the parts. Are there any resources available in terms of installation?
Old 01-17-2014, 07:55 PM #37
fyborg

Hey Winter, just saw you on YouTube! Nice to put a face to a name. Saw your great Proton tear down and rebuild with Dangerman. I'll be hanging on to that one. I haven't been able to find any regulator seat replacement tutorials or instructions. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Fyborg
Old 03-15-2014, 04:25 PM #38
fyborg

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that replacing the seat and o ring inside the regulator has worked. I haven't taken the proton out for regular play yet, but I will next weekend. However, when test shooting before the fix, the leak would start immediately. After the fix I have been through a small hoppers worth of paintballs without any leaking. I'll update after some regular play. Thanks Winter!
Old 03-15-2014, 05:25 PM #39
MstrKey

Good stuff. Hope she works well for you.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:05 PM #40
awelldressedman

Just got a proton today and I am leaking from the regulator. I am guessing it is the same problem but I don't know what my fps is set at. I am going to try to use the gun this weekend. We'll see. (fingers crossed)
awelldressedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:16 PM #41
fyborg

Still no leaks after replacing the seat and o ring. I've also been very careful to ensure that I'm running oil through the ASA before and after I play. If you're leaking through the regulator, take a look at that seat and o ring.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:21 PM #42
MstrKey

It's the best way to lube the inner regulator. I mean you could pop it open and use grease but I've found my regulator is way more consistent with oil.