PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:49 PM #127
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't like him but Kellster probably does. He did reinforce the fact that Lupe is softer than a wet paper bag recently by running him out of the industry, so he gets some props for that.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2012, 11:02 PM #128
tater_salad (Banned)

I love Chief Keef. I've listened to this one probably 100 times in the past 2 days. Guy is only 17.

Last edited by tater_salad : 10-21-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:05 PM #129
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Think about it. Everybody always says "oh I wish I was a kid again" when they're in high school. When they get out of college "oh I wish I was still in college". When they get a job and have kids "oh I wish I was there age". Because they always look back and remember the good ****, unless you had a ****ing terrible childhood or something. It's just like how everybody says "oh man ST was sooo good in 04/06/whatever" and then a few years later "oh man ST was soooo good in 2010" and that ****.

I'm not literally saying that your life is always going to be getting worse, or that I feel that my life will be getting worse; I'm saying that your viewpoints constantly change about what was really good and what was actually going on during those times.
Thats kind of what Im getting at. You make your own future. You can make your future years something to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
Yeah I get what you're saying, and I agree. It's just a sad thought to sit down and think, "Man, everyone I know, including me is going to cease to exist one day."

I think about it as I lay in bed sometimes before falling asleep and it's just an eerie feeling. I know it's going to happen eventually, but it's not an easy thing to wrap my head around IMO.

This is basically how I see life. I did a whole lot of thinking about life in general etc after I dropped out, like a whole lot. Basically, I made peace with my inevitable death and my #1 goal in life is to die satisfied with little to no regrets or things undone. It makes you one productive mother****er if you actually believe in that. I also realized that life lived for others is the most satisfying so half of the reason I work is for whatever family I have in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
I much prefer life after college to life in college. Possibly because I am a materialistic douchebag and I prefer having some money to afford some things to no money and not being able to afford anything. Also it seems I'm somewhat weird in getting blackout drunk for no real reason has no appeal to me, and that seems to be most of what people wanted to do in college.
This is basically what I think just Im not a m******* materialistic douche. I want to travel and build a career, buy a ranch, and lots of other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhrer View Post
How is that even close to an acceptable comeback?

College is the most fun time of your life. If it's not, you're not doing it right.
Not everything has to be a cute little remark. For example,

"I ****ing hate you and if you were hit my a car tomorrow and died, I would smirk and move on." Nothing cute or funny about that, just honesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
I get that; I don't want to imagine that the best years of my life have already come and gone and my future is a gray desolate canvas with a giant "LOL Sux 2 Suck" written in bold ink across it. I agree that there will be moments of bliss in the real world and throughout my life, hopefully many of them as I get older and new opportunities present themselves. But will I ever get 4 consecutive years of great experiences, surrounded by friends, tons of free time and little responsibility again? No. Those qualities are unique to college, and it was great while it lasted. That's all I'm saying.
You make your own future and you make your own luck. If you life after college isnt what you wanted or better, thats on you. The difference between me and the majority of people probably in this thread is I don't think low responsibility etc is a good thing. Im embrace more responsibility and leadership roles. I want to work towards being top management and be a leader in whatever I do. This is not typical of the average american worker. We, as workers, generally do not like power.

Then again, we live in a society that thinks comfort is happiness and the idea of freedom has the same meaning as "freedom from responsibility."

Enjoy the music festivals, the fun bars you and your coworkers hit in your 20s and whatever. Im shooting for 1% income status. Average lives are for average people and I don't want to be that.

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:22 PM #130
casultytosociety
BlacMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subucni View Post
kellster/paintnoob: is chief keef supposed to be good? what i've listened by him is terrible.
nah
Old 10-21-2012, 11:41 PM #131
Fuhrer
#YouAlreadyKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
But will I ever get 4 consecutive years of great experiences, surrounded by friends, tons of free time and little responsibility again? No. Those qualities are unique to college, and it was great while it lasted. That's all I'm saying.
This is the point.

You will never have more freedom and time with your friends and *****es to **** than in college. This is just a fact. It's the most fun you'll have.

That doesn't mean it'll be the best part of your life. It's just the fun part before you have to mature up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderBR View Post

You make your own future and you make your own luck. If you life after college isnt what you wanted or better, thats on you. The difference between me and the majority of people probably in this thread is I don't think low responsibility etc is a good thing. Im embrace more responsibility and leadership roles. I want to work towards being top management and be a leader in whatever I do. This is not typical of the average american worker. We, as workers, generally do not like power.

Then again, we live in a society that thinks comfort is happiness and the idea of freedom has the same meaning as "freedom from responsibility."

Enjoy the music festivals, the fun bars you and your coworkers hit in your 20s and whatever. Im shooting for 1% income status. Average lives are for average people and I don't want to be that.
I don't think you're ever happy and enjoying your life.

Aiming for money is so stupid.

Purdue > Iowa

FROZEN

Last edited by Fuhrer : 10-21-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:47 PM #132
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill

Quote:
This is the point.

You will never have more freedom and time with your friends and *****es to **** than in college. This is just a fact. It's the most fun you'll have.

That doesn't mean it'll be the best part of your life. It's just the fun part before you have to mature up.

I don't think you're ever happy and enjoying your life.

Aiming for money is so stupid.
Not only do you completely not comprehend what I'm saying, you honestly think I'm just chasing money. Peaking in college is as stupid as peaking in high school. It means nothing and I think people who live their greatest glory days in either of those times are failures. It's not about the money at all. It's about success. You are such an immature little ****. You can reply to this but I'm probably just going to ignore it.

Texas über alles.

Last edited by BenderBR : 10-21-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:48 PM #133
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah, I really don't fear death or even dread it; it's just something that will happen eventually no matter what you do. As Joe said, the best thing to do is live for the people you care about and to provide the best life you can for yourself. It's a bad attitude if you see yourself doing something you hate for mediocre pay for the rest of your life and you don't do anything to change it.

Some people go partying and traveling and slacking off and are satisfied with that. Me, I'm fine just staying in the same place and living modestly. I spend time with family and close friends and the other things I do for enjoyment are relatively inexpensive. I could have blown a lot of money during my college years and even now, but I've saved and I haven't taken any risks so my future is pretty stable and I can live comfortably. Some of my gambling avenues have closed up, but due to my wise saving and smart spending, I can afford to live comfortably while I ease into the next thing I plan on doing.

EDIT: Money can't buy happiness, but money can buy peace of mind and security. I'd much rather be 30 with a stable job and able to save money up while not having partied it up over the years, versus being the same age with little to nothing in savings while going to parties and making extravagant purchases.
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck

Last edited by SmartyJones : 10-21-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:50 PM #134
Fuhrer
#YouAlreadyKnow

Quote:
Not only do you completely not comprehend what I'm saying, you honestly think I'm just chasing money. It's not about the money at all. It's about success. You are such an immature little ****. You can reply to this but I'm probably just going to ignore it.
And "success" (which is actually somehow more useless than money) is measured how?

Purdue > Iowa

FROZEN
Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 PM #135
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
EDIT: Money can't buy happiness, but money can buy peace of mind and security. I'd much rather be 30 with a stable job and able to save money up while not having partied it up over the years, versus being the same age with little to nothing in savings while going to parties and making extravagant purchases.
Bull****. No one frowns on a jet ski.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 AM #136
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
Bull****. No one frowns on a jet ski.
Lol, good point. It also goes along with what I'm saying. You're going to be a lot more likely to be happy if you don't have to worry about how you're going to pay for stuff tomorrow and if you can afford to buy the things you want.
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 10-22-2012, 12:09 AM #137
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

If you genuinely believe college is the best years of your life, then you'll be making the kinds of choices that ensures that.

"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 10-22-2012, 12:13 AM #138
Fuhrer
#YouAlreadyKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
If you genuinely believe college is the best years of your life, then you'll be making the kinds of choices that ensures that.
most fun =/= best

to the point, what choices?

Purdue > Iowa

FROZEN
Old 10-22-2012, 12:19 AM #139
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

If you spend your life wishing you were back in college, then you're likely to be making ****ty choices that make the lesser responsibility of college more appealing. Bad financial decisions, bad work decisions, etc.

Honest question in general; if college is the best time of your life, why have you not killed yourself upon graduation? The best time/years of your life are over, so what else is there to live for?

"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 10-22-2012, 12:25 AM #140
Fuhrer
#YouAlreadyKnow

Quote:
If you spend your life wishing you were back in college, then you're likely to be making ****ty choices that make the lesser responsibility of college more appealing. Bad financial decisions, bad work decisions, etc.

Honest question in general; if college is the best time of your life, why have you not killed yourself upon graduation? The best time/years of your life are over, so what else is there to live for?
I'm not sure if you're serious or not. Because believe it or not, I'm attempting to be srs

AGAIN most fun =/= best

Secondly, what makes you make the ludicrous logical leap that "not the best" = bad?

Are you seriously insinuating that your life will get exponentially better till death? The paradox that creates is kind of funny; because if by that logic at any moment when your life peaks you should kill yourself immediately after.

I know you're not really that silly though. You're Asian.

tl;dr we're all killing ourselves.

Purdue > Iowa

FROZEN
Old 10-22-2012, 12:28 AM #141
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

I'm glad I am able to live my life knowing my best years are still ahead of me and that the next day will be as good or better than the previous one.

You guys have some pretty ****tastic outlooks on life if you feel you can't have the fun you had in college in life after it.

Sauce
Old 10-22-2012, 12:30 AM #142
Fuhrer
#YouAlreadyKnow

Quote:
I'm glad I am able to live my life knowing my best years are still ahead of me and that the next day will be as good or better than the previous one.

You guys have some pretty ****tastic outlooks on life if you feel you can't have the fun you had in college in life after it.
Again by that logic the paradox it creates is that theoretically the day you die is the best day of your life.

So secretly you're just being really EMO.

It all makes sense now.

Purdue > Iowa

FROZEN
Old 10-22-2012, 12:32 AM #143
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill

Quote:
I'm not sure if you're serious or not. Because believe it or not, I'm attempting to be srs

AGAIN most fun =/= best

Secondly, what makes you make the ludicrous logical leap that "not the best" = bad?

Are you seriously insinuating that your life will get exponentially better till death? The paradox that creates is kind of funny; because if by that logic at any moment when your life peaks you should kill yourself immediately after.

I know you're not really that silly though. You're Asian.

tl;dr we're all killing ourselves.
I ****ing love that this concept is something you can't even comprehend. Based on where people are falling on this topic, its not surprising which ones seem to be "getting it" and which ones aren't.

Quote:

Basically. Like I said, we live in a society that thinks comfort is happiness and the idea of freedom has the same meaning as "freedom from responsibility."

Texas über alles.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:34 AM #144
Fuhrer
#YouAlreadyKnow

Quote:
I ****ing love that this concept is something you can't even comprehend. Based on where people are falling on this topic, its not surprising which ones seem to be "getting it" and which ones aren't.
I think since I presented actual substance opposing the topic, I can grasp it.

But hey keep rolling with arguments like "NO UR STUPID AND WRONG"

Purdue > Iowa

FROZEN
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 AM #145
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill

Quote:
I think since I presented actual substance opposing the topic, I can grasp it.

But hey keep rolling with arguments like "NO UR STUPID AND WRONG"
Why would I ever want to explain anything or do anything to help you? Did you think I was kidding about what I said earlier? And no, you don't grasp it. You might think you do, but you don't. You are a child and will probably live the rest of your life that way. Youre basically an italian.

Texas über alles.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:40 AM #146
Subucni
GOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
I don't like him but Kellster probably does. He did reinforce the fact that Lupe is softer than a wet paper bag recently by running him out of the industry, so he gets some props for that.
Yea Lupe seems to have really fallen off as of late.
Quote:
I also realized that life lived for others is the most satisfying so half of the reason I work is for whatever family I have in the future.
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tater_salad View Post
I love Chief Keef. I've listened to this one probably 100 times in the past 2 days. Guy is only 17.

See, I think that song is terrible.
Quote:

Most fun, not best, and it's the most fun time of our lives up to that point. As a 20 year old, college is the funnest period I've ever had so far. I think that's how most people view it, at least.

Auburn Tigers
New Orleans Saints
New York Yankees
Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 AM #147
Fuhrer
#YouAlreadyKnow

I am a child at heart; I do not take that as an insult. I'm going to be young at heart fo eva. That's the key to happiness. It's too bad you guys don't realize that.

I was born into aristocracy. My family is pretty rich in America and literally are old royalty in Germany. I speak from experience. Success and what not is nothing that satisfies. It's incredibly unfulfilling.

But it's almost like you guys are debating two different topics. I pointed out legitimate reasons why college will be the most fun. (NOT ****ING BEST- there is a huge difference) No one retorted that... you just started talking about how I'm a child and how I will never have success. Which is again seemingly a whole different topic.

Also, stop being mad; just trying to have a discussion, Jose.

Purdue > Iowa

FROZEN
Closed Thread