Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:32 PM #106
Subucni
GOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
I guess I'm with TCHS_Drummer on this one. College was great; no other time in my 23 years can I say I had so many laughs, so many good times, so many good people to surround myself with and the only thing holding it back was a few hours of class 4-5 days a week. Girls were not bad either.

Real world is just a **** ton of monotony and work, with the added benefit of having money. It's not a bad gig, but college was definitely a better time, overall.
this. except i'm not in the real world yet. college has been awesome so far. so much freedom, and not nearly as many responsibilities as i'll have once i'm on my own completely.
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2012, 10:33 PM #107
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Quote:
I guess I'm with TCHS_Drummer on this one. College was great; no other time in my 23 years can I say I had so many laughs, so many good times, so many good people to surround myself with and the only thing holding it back was a few hours of class 4-5 days a week. Girls were not bad either.

Real world is just a **** ton of monotony and work, with the added benefit of having money. It's not a bad gig, but college was definitely a better time, overall.
I've only been out and working two years, so I'm not ready to declare either one much better than the other.

Yes, my financial situation is much better now. But I work more...and at a real job.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:35 PM #108
tater_salad (Banned)

Rumor of a big announcement tomorrow. Welcome back to Knoxville Coach Gruden.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:36 PM #109
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Rumor of a big announcement: Tater will actually pay up
Old 10-21-2012, 10:38 PM #110
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
This is a solid statement.

It's kind of disheartening knowing that every year I live is one year closer to dying.
Death is relief though. I mean, sure it's always better to be alive than dead, but death brings the ultimate relief from all worries.

It's really impossible for me to conceive of every day as being one day closer to dying. Any of us could die tomorrow, and then again we could live to be 100. I like to live to make every day the best it can be. Having said that, I kind of hope I don't make it past 80. If I ever have to deal with **** like colostomy bags, colonoscopies, or paralysis I've made it known to my family members that they should just go ahead and pull the plug.
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 10-21-2012, 10:43 PM #111
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
That is depressing...
Think about it. Everybody always says "oh I wish I was a kid again" when they're in high school. When they get out of college "oh I wish I was still in college". When they get a job and have kids "oh I wish I was there age". Because they always look back and remember the good ****, unless you had a ****ing terrible childhood or something. It's just like how everybody says "oh man ST was sooo good in 04/06/whatever" and then a few years later "oh man ST was soooo good in 2010" and that ****.

I'm not literally saying that your life is always going to be getting worse, or that I feel that my life will be getting worse; I'm saying that your viewpoints constantly change about what was really good and what was actually going on during those times.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:46 PM #112
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
Death is relief though. I mean, sure it's always better to be alive than dead, but death brings the ultimate relief from all worries.

It's really impossible for me to conceive of every day as being one day closer to dying. Any of us could die tomorrow, and then again we could live to be 100. I like to live to make every day the best it can be. Having said that, I kind of hope I don't make it past 80. If I ever have to deal with **** like colostomy bags, colonoscopies, or paralysis I've made it known to my family members that they should just go ahead and pull the plug.
Yeah I get what you're saying, and I agree. It's just a sad thought to sit down and think, "Man, everyone I know, including me is going to cease to exist one day."

I think about it as I lay in bed sometimes before falling asleep and it's just an eerie feeling. I know it's going to happen eventually, but it's not an easy thing to wrap my head around IMO.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:47 PM #113
SmartyJones
Best in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Think about it. Everybody always says "oh I wish I was a kid again" when they're in high school. When they get out of college "oh I wish I was still in college". When they get a job and have kids "oh I wish I was there age". Because they always look back and remember the good ****, unless you had a ****ing terrible childhood or something. It's just like how everybody says "oh man ST was sooo good in 04/06/whatever" and then a few years later "oh man ST was soooo good in 2010" and that ****.

I'm not literally saying that your life is always going to be getting worse, or that I feel that my life will be getting worse; I'm saying that your viewpoints constantly change about what was really good and what was actually going on during those times.
Most people tend to have aggrandized views of the past. I sometimes think about the fun I had when I was younger, but then when I actual go through the events of a day back then it was really no better than it is now. When the present is dull and the future is bleak, we think about the past as an example of a better time and it gives us comfort. But in reality it's no different than any other time.

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 10-21-2012, 10:49 PM #114
SmartyJones
Best in the World

Quote:
Yeah I get what you're saying, and I agree. It's just a sad thought to sit down and think, "Man, everyone I know, including me is going to cease to exist one day."

I think about it as I lay in bed sometimes before falling asleep and it's just an eerie feeling. I know it's going to happen eventually, but it's not an easy thing to wrap my head around IMO.
Agreed. It is definitely strange to think about my life and the lives of everyone I know, and for the most part the world will remain unchanged after each of us go away, and it's definitely a weird feeling.

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 10-21-2012, 10:49 PM #115
Subucni
GOON

Quote:

Yea it's pretty hard to try and comprehend **** like that. Kind of like people trying to understand infinity and how big the universe is.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 PM #116
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Basically. You always think whatever you're currently doing is awesome, and later on you will think it was ****ing super awesome. Or, you'll think whatever you're doing sucks ***, and then later on you think that it really wasn't that bad, or maybe there was a silver lining that you didn't see before.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:54 PM #117
imhungry (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
i was glad to be out of college after 4.5 years the first few months i was out but i would sell my left nut to go back at this point. its nice having money but outside that **** real life
Old 10-21-2012, 11:04 PM #118
tater_salad (Banned)

What are all of you going to do when Jon Gruden is Tennessee's HC?
Old 10-21-2012, 11:04 PM #119
BenderBR
Drill Baby Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
That is completely ridiculous.
Not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
I would be pissed if the best years of my life was college, hell, I'm gonna be pissed if I can isolate any period of my life as "the best ever."
Basically this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs_drummer06 View Post
It's kinda hard to misinterpret that statement. My college years were absolutely the best years of my first 22, anyways. Didn't hinder my ability to step into a great job. Same for my wife.
Well you of all people...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhrer View Post
Jose has no life outside of the internet.
Coming from you? Loldgaf.

Quote:

After reading this, really think about this. " If the college years were the best in your life, you ****ed up."

"Originally posted by Kellster: Crow takes so good. Om nom nom."

Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.

Texas über alles.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:08 PM #120
angelballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post

I agree people usually remember the good more than the bad. Probably considered a coping mechanism or something. I had fun in high school. I had fun in college. I am having fun in the real world. With that being said, I wouldn't want to go back to high school or college (or at least that lifestyle). I was ready to be done with both and move on when I finished.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:09 PM #121
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I much prefer life after college to life in college. Possibly because I am a materialistic douchebag and I prefer having some money to afford some things to no money and not being able to afford anything. Also it seems I'm somewhat weird in getting blackout drunk for no real reason has no appeal to me, and that seems to be most of what people wanted to do in college.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 10-21-2012, 11:10 PM #122
Fuhrer
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderBR View Post
How is that even close to an acceptable comeback?

College is the most fun time of your life. If it's not, you're not doing it right.

Purdue > Iowa

FROZEN
Old 10-21-2012, 11:23 PM #123
Matt.is.back2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenderBR View Post
Not really.

Basically this.

Well you of all people...lol.

After reading this, really think about this. " If the college years were the best in your life, you ****ed up."
I get that; I don't want to imagine that the best years of my life have already come and gone and my future is a gray desolate canvas with a giant "LOL Sux 2 Suck" written in bold ink across it. I agree that there will be moments of bliss in the real world and throughout my life, hopefully many of them as I get older and new opportunities present themselves. But will I ever get 4 consecutive years of great experiences, surrounded by friends, tons of free time and little responsibility again? No. Those qualities are unique to college, and it was great while it lasted. That's all I'm saying.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:30 PM #124
tater_salad (Banned)

Old 10-21-2012, 11:43 PM #125
Subucni
GOON

kellster/paintnoob: is chief keef supposed to be good? what i've listened by him is terrible.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:48 PM #126
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Don't get anyone started. Subjectivity remember?

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Closed Thread