Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-04-2012, 08:33 PM #1
aan310

aan310 is an NCPA player
aan310 plays in the APPA D4 division
aan310 supports DLX Technology
Tried a 2013 Demon today. Results...

Granted the owner of the gun said they needed to go over and tech the gun.

I chronoed, shot nice it seemed.

I started the game, popped up in S1 and my shots could barley make it over to the doritos. After I came off the field I noticed there was a leak from somewhere in the bolt area.

Gave it back to the owner and we could tell it was chopping. Best I could guess is a heads up that chops = paint in the engine = leaks (just like the BL Victory)

Anyone else experience this?

Other than the fact I really couldn't shoot it. Really cool gun. Very light weight and cool design.
aan310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2012, 03:51 AM #2
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
i've never seen a chop on a Demon. Breaks in barrel, yes. The Demon is SO light on paint it can't chop it!

Markers: Bob Long Insight, MVP, 2012 G6R and VCOM

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 AM #3
aan310

aan310 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
i've never seen a chop on a Demon. Breaks in barrel, yes. The Demon is SO light on paint it can't chop it!
45 degree weather + evil made every gun chop. Accept my axe oddly enough
Old 11-05-2012, 05:05 PM #4
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
breakage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan310 View Post
45 degree weather + evil made every gun chop. Accept my axe oddly enough

Sounds like someone needs to up his dwell for the cold weather. Of the hopper was just crapping out.

The axe has that nice ramped, rubber tipped bolt that helps keep balls from clipping as hard. Boggles my mind every company isn't doing this yet. Soft edge(not tip)......and beveled. Both mandatory in my mind.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:41 PM #5
aan310

aan310 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
Sounds like someone needs to up his dwell for the cold weather. Of the hopper was just crapping out.

The axe has that nice ramped, rubber tipped bolt that helps keep balls from clipping as hard. Boggles my mind every company isn't doing this yet. Soft edge(not tip)......and beveled. Both mandatory in my mind.
my spire was working fine. but yea, maybe he needed to up his dwell. the 13 internals require a higher dwell than 12s i believe
Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 PM #6
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
A leak never helps either, especially on such a low pressure gun.

I know a lot of people like to really run the wire when it comes to dwell, which is usually a mistake. Sure you gain a pod but you risk trouble when the weather changes lol. Too much shootdown causes a mess.

Your axe has the nice ramped rubber outer tip, on the bolt, that every gun should have in my opinion. Boggles my mind that so many companies still don't do it on spooler. Beveled and rubber around the edge, not the front like the bob long bolts. That doesn't do squat. It makes a huge difference on the brittle paint in the ball stack. My old alien bolt had a rubber nib on the top of the bolt and I could shoot anything out of that gun too. It just pushes the paint ouf of the way, rather than cracking it.

Not to mention most spooler bolts have way too much roll back due to the open face. You don't want roll back with brittle paint.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote