Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-18-2013, 02:44 PM #1
Keagan28
Indy Surge PB

Keagan28 is playing at Living Legends VI
Keagan28 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spyder rant

im on a 3 man speed ball team and everyone always talks crap about my gun because it is a spyder electra. Why do people think that spyder is so bad, they arent making fun of it when im ripping them apart
Keagan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2013, 10:07 PM #2
ranman106

Yep, run into the same thing. I have two and the BS stops when the hammer drops. I think it's funny really. But, I have always prefered things that are considered sleepers. Haters always under estimate.
ranman106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:54 AM #3
Bluedun
Ballin' since 1988

Don't worry about it they are just jelous that they can't get a Spyder to work right

VIS- Shooting the best!
Bluedun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:08 PM #4
pontiacfreak142

Just keep layin it to em, they will learn eventually. I used to deal with the same crap (from a friend actually), he was an angel guy and would constantly make fun of my gun at the time. Ill give him the fact that it did chop alot balls when ya tried to get it goin (05 pilot) but i think he was working on his gun more times than i chopped balls lol
pontiacfreak142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:15 PM #5
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacfreak142 View Post
Just keep layin it to em, they will learn eventually. I used to deal with the same crap (from a friend actually), he was an angel guy and would constantly make fun of my gun at the time. Ill give him the fact that it did chop alot balls when ya tried to get it goin (05 pilot) but i think he was working on his gun more times than i chopped balls lol
He was working on his angel because he didn't set it up the right way the first time.

Spyder was my first gun, tl plus

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:30 PM #6
Snausage

My first marker was a Spyder Victor II. Never had any complaints, it just worked.

I think a good paintballer shouldn't hate on somebody's marker, just enjoy the game.
Snausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:08 PM #7
PBpancake

PBpancake is for the Gunfight
I think there's still a lot of stigma about Kingman using proprietary parts and screws on their earlier guns. Some people are just ignorant and think every Spyder is still like that, when in fact Kingman has stepped up their game and are making decent started guns, not to mention the awesome Hammer 7.

Everybody also seems to dislike blowbacks, even though they're super easy to work on and are nice starter guns.
PBpancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:33 AM #8
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
DriverJ is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
DriverJ supports Ninja Paintball
I don't think there is anything wrong with a Spyder as a starter gun. I think when a lot of people move on to joining seriously competitive teams the Spyder really ceases to cut it.
It's not as smooth or Gentle on paint as many of the "tournament" grade guns.
(speaking about stock guns in general). I know there are a ton of custom spyders out there that shoot fantastic (I own one). But the reality is they aren't as capable on the tournament field as an Electro Pneumatic.
Not bashing I'm just stating (and form personal experience), that EPs are better for that type of play.

All in all though I would point a new player to Tippy, Spyder or Pumps.

My advice, keep in mind and/or tell them the same thing I tell newer players who think a higher end gun makes you a better player "1 ball in the right spot is all it takes, that's on the person behind the trigger, not on the marker"
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:48 AM #9
pontiacfreak142

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverJ View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with a Spyder as a starter gun. I think when a lot of people move on to joining seriously competitive teams the Spyder really ceases to cut it.
(speaking about stock guns in general). I know there are a ton of custom spyders out there that shoot fantastic (I own one). But the reality is they aren't as capable on the tournament field as an Electro Pneumatic.
Not bashing I'm just stating (and form personal experience), that EPs are better for that type of play.

My advice, keep in mind and/or tell them the same thing I tell newer players who think a higher end gun makes you a better player "1 ball in the right spot is all it takes, that's on the person behind the trigger, not on the marker"
This. When i get friends into paintball i always direct them towards buying something simple like a spyder tl because they are simple, easy to use and reliable. Not to mention, kinda like you said, i think it makes the player better when they have to practice patients instead of rushing into a firefight.
pontiacfreak142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:11 AM #10
nenkitsune

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverJ View Post

Simple enough. When you're competitive enough to need a better marker, upgrade that old spyder into a spimmy. Sleeper status big time.

Spyder E-99 Avant (out of commission/spimmifying)
Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback
nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:24 AM #11
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Ninja Paintball
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keagan28 View Post
im on a 3 man speed ball team and everyone always talks crap about my gun because it is a spyder electra. Why do people think that spyder is so bad, they arent making fun of it when im ripping them apart
Just my experience, but I've used my friend's Electra a ton and I hate it. Chopped all day, jams every 10-15 shots, no consistency whatsoever. I've never seen him shoot anything with it. But I try not to judge anybody's gun until I've shot it. My first gun was a cheap mech Spyder and I loved it at the time.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:03 PM #12
slyyoung
Shannon Young

slyyoung owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Years back when the spyder mr2 came out I got one.

I was at a tournament and my 2k5 black magic decided it didn't want to work. I tried to use a friends cocker and it would not give me 280fps and was just all over the place.

I took out the mr2 (no stock) and was embarrassed. I walked out onto the field feeling like I had no real chance. For the rest of the day I destroyed my competition. The only trouble I had was a few jams from the acs.

A lot of ballers want the newest marker on the market and feel its the only way to win. It all comes down to one thing.

The marker does not make the player, the player makes the marker in his hands do its job.
slyyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 PM #13
zarana

had a spyder fenix worked well first time i used it, went to use it next week and ended up falling apart on me, took it back and got a diff one to sell to a friend
zarana is offline   Reply With Quote