Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-18-2012, 12:21 AM #1
Monty_Python

Matching paint to barrel and when/where to buy.

I've only used field paint my entire life and I don't play much. I'd like to have some quality games next year and am thinking about buying my own paint for the first time due to how much it's recommended. I browsed the stickies a little.Are you suppose to match the ball diameter exactly?

I have a 98c w/RT and my main Barrel is a Lapco 8", maybe... the entire barrel measures 7 3/4" and 6 7/8" excluding the threaded part.

Which size paint will give the best performance... and I assume Tippmann 98c's aren't the most gentle marker, so what brand would be recommended?

Lastly, is mail ordering paint a bad idea? I figure the local store gets it shipped to them somehow, but wanted to know what the general standard is for buying paint. If you order online, what's your favorite place for paint. Also how long will paint last being stored?

Thanks for your time!
Monty
Monty_Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2012, 12:41 AM #2
wowzerz
Pump Karni King

wowzerz is attending Decay of Nations VI
Online APX for sure. I have had great experience. Broken balls and you get a fresh bag right away.
At the store spend the most you are willing to pay. Buy cheap paint you will have a bad day, not have fun, and waste all that money. That is how I look at it.

I would suggest you overbore, maybe a .685-.689. Just make sure you don't have a paint to bore match.
wowzerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:51 PM #3
Monty_Python

Thanks for the reply!

Is every Lapco Big Shot .689? I got this from the reviews on this forum... but people describe the barrel differently so I'm not sure if the design and dimensions change overtime or not. This one is about 5 years old.
Monty_Python is offline   Reply With Quote