Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-16-2012, 11:21 AM #1
SpEctoR

has been a member for 10 years
Old Automag problems, any oldschool experts?

Hey I've got my friends old automag here, the original gangster with the tiny tube frame. When I put air on it and pull the trigger, if i hold the trigger air will just keep coming out, something is sticking every time i pull the trigger. I imagine it just needs a bit of a tune up, or maybe a new oring kit. I never knew a damn thing about these guns and haven't taken it apart yet but was wondering where I might start, if anyone has any tips.

Thanks

Sam
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 AM #2
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
KartaKeeper is a Moderator
I would start with the powertube o-ring, and if that doesnt resolve the issue, then work your wawy to the on/off o-rings.

[url]

The lvlX is more complex but where the #2 oring is on the lvlX there will just be one oring as well as a spacer. that is the one you want to replace.

and if that doesnt resolve the issue, then work your wawy to the on/off o-rings

KartaKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 AM #3
renie

Orings on the on off 1st place to start, disassemble oil it up (lots of oil) you may be lucky to reuse the old orings but I would replace them
renie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:52 PM #4
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
does it always leak or just when you pull the trigger? if it leaks just when the trigger is pulled, like renie said its your on/off. if it leaks when the trigger is at rest, like kartakeeper said its the powertube.
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 AM #5
SpEctoR

Its just when I hold the trigger as I recall I'll have to air it up to double check but i'll try breaking it down and oiling her up and see how she goes. Whats a good place to get a replacement oring kit?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:54 AM #6
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
if you hold the trigger and leaking out of the barrel check the on off top orings
also youtube has all the videos for the mags http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vehPc7vuK20
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 AM #7
FPSmaniac152

Also look at your trigger sear, there is a threaded rod on it, this is used to time the sear release and the on/off valve actuation. If this were to be adjusted too much in one way or the other it would cause a leak down the barrel or bolt stick with no bad o rings. It should be adjusted so that there is about 3/16th inch of trigger pull before the sear is released and the gun fires.

If this is not the issue, check the power tube o ring (and spacers if lvl 10). After this issue is cleared, if it still leaks, remove tho on/off valve assembly, the o rings should be bright white. They are also teflon which means that if theyre stretched they will not return to their original shape and must be replaced. Check this by fitting the o rings around the on/off post. It should be a fairly firm fit. When reassembling the valve there should be instructions laser etched right on the valve, follow these and you should be fine.

If you need o-rings check AGD's official website. Just remember to get the right kit.
http://store.airgun.com/
If I remember correctly you may need to phone in the order, its been a while since my last order though.
FPSmaniac152 is offline   Reply With Quote