Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 11:08 PM #1
Lazerwolf
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Biggest Blow Hard at the field

Alright who was the biggest blow hard you've ever met at a field. For me it would have to be this guy who said he was in the army, and felt the need to tell everyone he came across just how important his job was in the army. He also liked to talk about all the things he did in Iraq (even though he never left the FOB (forward operations base)) Anyways he was there with his "Custom Project Salvo" (it was all stock) he was also in a T-shirt that was about 3 sizes too small, I painted him up every chance i got...
Lazerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2012, 11:35 PM #2
abv bouncers
See what had happened was
 
abv bouncers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Clanton, Alabama
abv bouncers has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
abv bouncers has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerwolf View Post
Alright who was the biggest blow hard you've ever met at a field. For me it would have to be this guy who said he was in the army, and felt the need to tell everyone he came across just how important his job was in the army. He also liked to talk about all the things he did in Iraq (even though he never left the FOB (forward operations base)) Anyways he was there with his "Custom Project Salvo" (it was all stock) he was also in a T-shirt that was about 3 sizes too small, I painted him up every chance i got...

Similar, except the one I ran into had a 98C dressed as an AK47.
abv bouncers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:12 AM #3
byarosh201
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Met a kid using a bow at a big game, made me laugh when he told me that he could hear my pack rattling over the mountain over the sound of a battle nearby. But the reason I eliminated him before he could get me is because he was waiting on the perfect opportunity. Then after I eliminated him again via barrel tag he continued to brag about his bat-like hearing, and cat-like prowess and stealth to other players.

When I brought up how I barrel tagged him he promptly defended himself saying he was acting bait. Bait for his 2 teammates who got eliminated as soon as I barrel tagged him....
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:23 AM #4
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Alaska
 has been a member for 10 years
What might be interesting to you is that I took more tactics from paintball and applied it to the military, than tactics from the military and applied it to paintball. The only tactics that would be relevant is if you made it to the special forces [learning how to be constantly relentless]. Special forces are not reigned in and forced to wear uncomfortable clothing or do useless things. Other than that the tactics that you learn in the military are almost bull****. The whole experience just makes you appear to other people a little paranoid. [outside the wire nearly every day]. If you hear someone bragging about being in the service ask: Were you in the Special Forces or Rangers? If they say no, then say, "Then I don't give a ****." The entire service doesn't teach anything about close quarters combat in depth, unless you become professional.

When I was 16, there was this kid/teenager with glasses who kept saying that he was going to dominate us in paintball and that he was on a tourney team. By this time, my bros and I had been playing against each other for almost a year. We thought we could learn something from this guy, because he kept talking [Although one of my younger brothers thought he was full of ****]. My bro was right. He was afraid to come out from behind his bunker, and it ended up in us taking him down close range. He was absolutely useless on our team, and he sat out when we played against these neighborhood kids just because he was shot in the finger. He decided to be in one of our games on our team, and all he did was camp in the back. My bros and I destroyed the neighborhood kids, I took out all of them in one game myself. I saw my hits splat into the back of the neighborhood kids 20-30 feet away so I knew I was the one that eliminated them.

When my bros went back to church, they heard him bragging about our eliminations, saying that he sniped all these guys that I and my bros eliminated. He challenged my bros to go up against his tourney team. He said they were holding an outlaw tournament to raise money for his team. He said his tourney team would dominate and destroy us in the 3 vs 3 tournament in front of everyone that wanted to play paintball. So we go to this 3 vs 3 tournament. I am nervous that we aren't going to do very well, because all these people are saying how badass they are. I was a little apprehensive until one game our team took out another team in 10 seconds.
This Jamaican team had a crazy true frontman. The dude was athletic and extremely fast. This was the only team to beat us, but the tourney team that was running the tournament said the frontman overshot me when he bunkered me putting 3 into my mask [after he bunkered my bro he whipped around and bunkered me while I missed him]. WTF? My bro and I said it was ok, and they won the game fair and square. We had no hard feelings toward another team that knows how to paintball.
When we finally played against the bragging tourney team, we took them all out and I finished off the last guy, bunkering him. We placed in second, the Jamaican team placed in 1st, and their team placed in 4th.

This did not matter, the bragging kid continued to brag about how many tournaments he was in and how awesome he was. He made my bros look bad, so other kids at church thought they could destroy us in paintball. When we invited them to the outlaw field, we put them all on one team. My bro and I were by ourselves. They refused to let us play like this and gave us one of their players. At the start of the game, my bro and I left this player and took them all down in less than a minute. This happened throughout the day until they didn't want us on the same team, and then they just didn't want us to play in any of the games anymore, so we refed.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 10-16-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Subterfuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:17 PM #5
rexisme
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NWI *219*
Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
We have a couple at the local field I go to, one has been going to the field forever and I hated him before I quit the last time a few years ago. He is the kind that if you shoot him it either bounces or needs a paint check. But, if he shoots one ball in your direction, he hit you, you wiped and you cheat. He also acts like he's a ****ing army general when you're on his team. Also, if you shoot him more than once, you overshoot and your gun is shooting hot. But, if you encounter him, you're guaranteed to get shot 5-8 times.

Then, we have a scenario team that the field sponsors for some reason. They're just a bunch of blow hards, biggest cheaters that I"ve run across and have 0 skill but play like they're gods gift to paintball.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 PM #6
Danny96211
cash for your iphone
 
Danny96211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NYC
Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
What might be interesting to you is that I took more tactics from paintball and applied it to the military, than tactics from the military and applied it to paintball. The only tactics that would be relevant is if you made it to the special forces [learning how to be constantly relentless]. Special forces are not reigned in and forced to wear uncomfortable clothing or do useless things. Other than that the tactics that you learn in the military are almost bull****. The whole experience just makes you appear to other people a little paranoid. [outside the wire nearly every day]. If you hear someone bragging about being in the service ask: Were you in the Special Forces or Rangers? If they say no, then say, "Then I don't give a ****." The entire service doesn't teach anything about close quarters combat in depth, unless you become professional.

When I was 16, there was this kid/teenager with glasses who kept saying that he was going to dominate us in paintball and that he was on a tourney team. By this time, my bros and I had been playing against each other for almost a year. We thought we could learn something from this guy, because he kept talking [Although one of my younger brothers thought he was full of ****]. My bro was right. He was afraid to come out from behind his bunker, and it ended up in us taking him down close range. He was absolutely useless on our team, and he sat out when we played against these neighborhood kids just because he was shot in the finger. He decided to be in one of our games on our team, and all he did was camp in the back. My bros and I destroyed the neighborhood kids, I took out all of them in one game myself. I saw my hits splat into the back of the neighborhood kids 20-30 feet away so I knew I was the one that eliminated them.

When my bros went back to church, they heard him bragging about our eliminations, saying that he sniped all these guys that I and my bros eliminated. He challenged my bros to go up against his tourney team. He said they were holding an outlaw tournament to raise money for his team. He said his tourney team would dominate and destroy us in the 3 vs 3 tournament in front of everyone that wanted to play paintball. So we go to this 3 vs 3 tournament. I am nervous that we aren't going to do very well, because all these people are saying how badass they are. I was a little apprehensive until one game our team took out another team in 10 seconds.
This Jamaican team had a crazy true frontman. The dude was athletic and extremely fast. This was the only team to beat us, but the tourney team that was running the tournament said the frontman overshot me when he bunkered me putting 3 into my mask [after he bunkered my bro he whipped around and bunkered me while I missed him]. WTF? My bro and I said it was ok, and they won the game fair and square. We had no hard feelings toward another team that knows how to paintball.
When we finally played against the bragging tourney team, we took them all out and I finished off the last guy, bunkering him. We placed in second, the Jamaican team placed in 1st, and their team placed in 4th.

This did not matter, the bragging kid continued to brag about how many tournaments he was in and how awesome he was. He made my bros look bad, so other kids at church thought they could destroy us in paintball. When we invited them to the outlaw field, we put them all on one team. My bro and I were by ourselves. They refused to let us play like this and gave us one of their players. At the start of the game, my bro and I left this player and took them all down in less than a minute. This happened throughout the day until they didn't want us on the same team, and then they just didn't want us to play in any of the games anymore, so we refed.
tl;dr
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:41 PM #7
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?
 
Cracker_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Annual Supporting Member
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny96211 View Post
tl;dr
tl;dr
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:27 PM #8
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet
 
2nwyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Too many. I have the disadvantage of going to a field near an Army post (Fort Carson) and we get a lot of guys who claim to be in the military (40 pounds overweight, long, shaggy hair, and absolutely no idea of military jargon). They make it sound convincing, carry an X7 looking like a G36, and wear tons of tactical gear. Then we get 4th ID soldiers coming out with stock 98Cs, Spyders, and a couple electros and absolutely destroying these guys. Rather funny to watch.
Go Army!
Noah
__________________
Learn more about paintball! Articles Videos!!
Colorado Nighthawks
Killer gearbag sale!
Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:52 PM #9
holson72
 
 
holson72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lubbock, TX
holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've gotta say...it's been years since I ran across anyone like that.
holson72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:56 PM #10
Lazerwolf
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nwyka View Post
Too many. I have the disadvantage of going to a field near an Army post (Fort Carson) and we get a lot of guys who claim to be in the military (40 pounds overweight, long, shaggy hair, and absolutely no idea of military jargon). They make it sound convincing, carry an X7 looking like a G36, and wear tons of tactical gear. Then we get 4th ID soldiers coming out with stock 98Cs, Spyders, and a couple electros and absolutely destroying these guys. Rather funny to watch.
Go Army!
Noah
I was based at Carson for five years never paintballed there though I was usually either deployed to Iraq or training to deploy to Iraq I know the type of guy you are talking About though.
Lazerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:06 PM #11
nerdcore
Radical!
 
nerdcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Crashville
 has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
I've seen very few blowhards, or i just don't tend to notice. Only one comes to mind, and that was this kid who almost became a regular at my home field. Wore all black & yellow, with a matching Ion (the Ion in no way has any negative connotations here, that's simply the gun he had).

He was particularly & habitually nasty to rentals, or anyone else somewhat newbish. He talked a lot of smack for someone who played strictly recball, which is normally very chill, fun, & welcoming. I had seen him a couple times while i reffed, and it was getting on my nerves telling him to lay off.

Me & my cousin played one day while i wasn't reffing, and he showed up. So all day we double-teamed him. He never came back.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:34 PM #12
1fire5
Leading the charge!
 
1fire5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Gold Hill, OR
1fire5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1fire5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1fire5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1fire5 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
There are two main ones at my field one has to be a guy who sadly is a regular and friends with the owner but whenever he gets shot he disputes it or attacks the player who shot him telling them that him or her was cheating and wipes. Once he bunkered me and another kid while shooting hot after we had both called ourselves out and walked away from the bunker(fort). Another kid (12) uses an invert mini and thinks he is a god for staying back and spraying "death from above" on people 100+ feet away. This same kid decided it would be cool to tell everyone in our school that I suck at paintball because I use a pistol (the game referred to was my first time playing with it and a big game) yet every time I confront him he denies it and says he never said anything like that (I'm bigger than him and older by 2 years). Oh the middle school drama paintball can start...
1fire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:17 PM #13
happy7833
 
 
happy7833's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Jersey
happy7833 is playing at Living Legends V
happy7833 is for the Gunfight
happy7833 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
There was this kid that wanted to play paintball with us. We are about 14 yrs old and said sure meet us there. So he shows up with his brand new ego 11 his mommy bought him and a bunch of other expensive stuff. We asked him if he had any paintball experience before this. Nope!

Later that day we played civil war (no bunkers on speedball field) ya we lit him up like the a Christmas tree.
happy7833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:42 PM #14
1fire5
Leading the charge!
 
1fire5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Gold Hill, OR
1fire5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1fire5 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1fire5 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1fire5 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy7833 View Post
brand new ego 11 his mommy bought him and a bunch of other expensive stuff. We asked him if he had any paintball experience before this. Nope! --- we lit him up like the a Christmas tree.
So because a player (new or not) buys (prehaps he borrowed) a gun you either want and can't afford or you are jealous he has a good gun and so do you so you ruin his paintball experience by overshooting him? Well... you defiantly posted about a blow hard but not sure it was him.
1fire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:56 PM #15
davito
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Agreed with the above post.
davito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 PM #16
brienpeppers
 
 
brienpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lufkin, TX
brienpeppers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fire5

So because a player (new or not) buys (prehaps he borrowed) a gun you either want and can't afford or you are jealous he has a good gun and so do you so you ruin his paintball experience by overshooting him? Well... you defiantly posted about a blow hard but not sure it was him.
This.
__________________
"You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber."
-Spitlebug

"In Soviet Russia bunker hides behind you."
brienpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:59 PM #17
speedtest
 
 
speedtest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: illinois
speedtest is playing at Living Legends V
speedtest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
speedtest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
speedtest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
agreed, my parents bought me my first gun, was considered expensive at the time. Doesn't mean i need to get shot up cause of some jealous moron.
__________________
CIA

No Limit Support
speedtest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:21 AM #18
Smokmc
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: fresno ca
Smokmc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Smokmc owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerwolf View Post
Alright who was the biggest blow hard you've ever met at a field. For me it would have to be this guy who said he was in the army, and felt the need to tell everyone he came across just how important his job was in the army. He also liked to talk about all the things he did in Iraq (even though he never left the FOB (forward operations base)) Anyways he was there with his "Custom Project Salvo" (it was all stock) he was also in a T-shirt that was about 3 sizes too small, I painted him up every chance i got...
Bs he's a facker or has family that was in the military everything I did over seas was classified and not for the gen pop hell I couldent even tell my wife were I was
Smokmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:26 AM #19
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel
 
sledneckforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: massachusetts
Annual Supporting Member
Used to play at a **** field in Maine and the owners son thought he ran the place. Cheated every chance he got. The whole team used to. Chemical reaction was the team name and Bennett's all weather pb was the dump I played there twice. What a waste of perfectly good farmland. But if you called him on the cheating he just yell at you while drinking a beer and reeking of pot. Something's just don't belong in the game. He would never admit to getting shot.
__________________
EastCoastAngel

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:38 AM #20
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!
 
o5pr3y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vallejo, CA
Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
What might be interesting to you is that I took more tactics from paintball and applied it to the military, than tactics from the military and applied it to paintball.
Lol too true. I've never used any of what the military has taught me in paintball, but I've sure used paintball tactics while doing combat training.
__________________
Northern California PB Thefts: An always updating record of all the stolen gear in Nor*Cal
http://www.airrixpaintball.com/


NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // PM6 // Angel Speed 05 FST
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:43 PM #21
s2master
 
 
s2master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy7833 View Post
There was this kid that wanted to play paintball with us. We are about 14 yrs old and said sure meet us there. So he shows up with his brand new ego 11 his mommy bought him and a bunch of other expensive stuff. We asked him if he had any paintball experience before this. Nope!

Later that day we played civil war (no bunkers on speedball field) ya we lit him up like the a Christmas tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fire5 View Post
So because a player (new or not) buys (prehaps he borrowed) a gun you either want and can't afford or you are jealous he has a good gun and so do you so you ruin his paintball experience by overshooting him? Well... you defiantly posted about a blow hard but not sure it was him.
Agreed.
__________________
S2 4 -LiFe

Last edited by s2master : 10-29-2012 at 12:46 PM.
s2master is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump