PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-05-2014, 01:25 PM #1
ModdedRam10

ModdedRam10 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ModdedRam10 supports Empire
Cerakote?

Has anyone here used cerakote to color their guns or accent kits or even heard of someone doing it? If so how did it turn out? And would you recommend it to be done? Is it a smooth finish and how durable is it? Thanks for any help!
ModdedRam10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2014, 01:45 PM #2
East告de
inconceivable

has been a member for 10 years
East告de is BST Trusted
East告de owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
East告de has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i know that it is extremely durable - Oakley uses it on their Standard Issue military glasses...it is also used on alot of firearms
been there, done that
Free Agent

East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:13 AM #3
C@mM!

An Australian store, paintballshop.com cerakotes a few of their LV1's and GEO3's.

For durability, the thing is insane - the finish is interesting to say the least. You have to remember that cerakote is essentially ground up ceramic and epoxy. A gun does have to be stripped of anodizing first though.

I've heard of some success with hydrodip + clear cerakote over the top for some truly custom jobs though.
C@mM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:54 PM #4
Precision Powder

It really is not the best options for paintball guns. It is tough in the sense that is it is hard, and tough to cause a total finish failure with just drops. However it will scratch and scuff easier than expected. The biggest problem though is that it is fragile in the sense that it has no give. If there is any flex it will crack and start to flake off. I have been cerakoting for years for the motorcycle and automotive industry and I have done several of my own guns, but I would personally not use it on a paintball gun. It is great in the other applications but most would not be happy with it with this use.
Precision Powder is offline   Reply With Quote