Old 10-22-2012, 10:54 PM #485
Shibbykins
This is bat country

Shibbykins donated to help Peyton Trent
Shibbykins has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
one of the only ones you ****er lol

I endorse without a doubt the wired eyes at
www.ANGELLASEREYES.com

"Originally posted by dr.strangelove: Having Shibby on the case is almost as good as having Bob on it. "
Old 10-22-2012, 11:13 PM #486
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado_Ghost View Post
Tina did call em. Going back in after this smoke to find out what's being

*Not smoke, shower! Dang phone!
I see nothing wrong with the situation at hand.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
Old 10-23-2012, 12:05 AM #487
Somnambulistz
DirtyDeeds,DoneWithSheep

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado_Ghost View Post
Having a horrible night guys. My mother was watching my youngest chihuahua and decided to give him to some guy in exchange for mowing her lawn.

I am in pieces. Tina is trying to help, but I just want my dog back.

My mom isn't telling me where he is, so I damn near went berserk on her. My aunt thinks shenknows and is helping me look.
Sorry to hear that Just, go find your doggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
Josh is a professional procrastinator if you didn't know it... I don't expect to get my tank for quite some time LOL!
Coming from mr i'll build the coolest Xmag ever and then ya don't, i ain't even gonna start

PBN SOCCER THREAD (SPORTS) LIVERPOOL F.C.

"i know that it must totally suck to be a black man nurse trapped in a white man's body but the white devil and i have our own paternity problems to deal with, i need my step fathers sperm......."
Old 10-23-2012, 06:29 AM #488
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Holy ****ing **** desperado- unless your from Mexico and that's the trade standard , that's ****ing messed up.

Oh yelo, it's actually by buddy that has it- it's a file picture tho!! And no, I'm not trading it for a pump- what is this 2004???

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 AM #489
Somnambulistz
DirtyDeeds,DoneWithSheep

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
Holy ****ing **** desperado- unless your from Mexico and that's the trade standard , that's ****ing messed up.

Oh yelo, it's actually by buddy that has it- it's a file picture tho!! And no, I'm not trading it for a pump- what is this 2004???
lol as you said that the part from South Park when they go to Afghanistan and get into a cab which is pulled by a donkey came right to mind. Cartman goes "what is this the Flintstones?"

Kinda attracted to CNN's Solidad Brian, is she single? anyone? anyone?

PBN SOCCER THREAD (SPORTS) LIVERPOOL F.C.

"i know that it must totally suck to be a black man nurse trapped in a white man's body but the white devil and i have our own paternity problems to deal with, i need my step fathers sperm......."
Old 10-23-2012, 07:28 AM #490
Vswizzle (Banned)
SWIZZIN 24/7 365 *****ES

Vswizzle owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Vswizzle is for the Gunfight
Vswizzle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Vswizzle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
so i'm definitely skipping "college" today.
at this point idgaf about it, I cant stand that place any more. Just the fact that I'm young, was told all through school that I was smart but needed to apply myself, and the fact that I did my first year of college (at a real college), and my mom and dad honestly think that this **** is the same? "Oh you only have to go for ONE semester", i dont give a ****, I'm the one being forced to go so I'm the one being forced to pay for it, thanks a whole ****ing lot, thats really good parenting, force me to get into debt that I dont want, put me in an environment that is honestly dumbed down as ****, and think that I'm just going to go along with it and do my work? Pfft, yeah right. The retards i'm surrounded by and accompanied by in my classes honestly just make me say "I dont belong here, **** this, I dont care what I get because it doesn't count against my GPA anyway".

My dad said "YOU THINK YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR COMMUNITY COLLEGE?"
as a matter of fact, yes i ****ing do. I dont care to sit in classes that are basically made up mostly of adults that have made nothing of themselves and think that community college is somehow going to get them somewhere in life, even though community college is basically an extension of high school, for people who dont understand that the point of college is to get a good education, and just because you go to a "college" doesn't mean you're getting an education that is just as good as a real college.

Least the ****hole clown college here, you can tell the difference in atmosphere easy compared to the real college i went to. I havent met anybody who seems to be genuinely smart at community college, I've mainly met people who are either washed up adults who think that going to community college is going to change their lives so much, when its not, or kids who straight out of high school actually believe that they're smart because they can get good grades in community college because they try way more than they should have to.

The latter are who i mainly dont like and thats why i really hate it here. Just because you have kids who actually think that they're college students when a real college is nothing like a community college, least penn state york is absolutely nothing like community college. I had some douchebag kid in my biology class, and he was a freshman too i'm pretty sure, actually try to lecture me and talk down to me when I asked him what I missed in class the day before. "Dude you're not in high school anymore, this is college, you have to show up" (Vswizz)-"I was sick" (douchebag)-"Thats not a good enough reason not to miss"
Thats how a lot of the younger people are it seems, they think that they're hot **** because they can get good grades in a community college class with hours of studying and effort and ****, and think that they're just as good as a real college student..
My idiot parents said "get involved with people there", oh so I should either hang out with some washed up adults who didn't really do anything with their lives and dont understand that just because you go to "college" doesn't mean that you're automatically going to improve your life, because its not like community college is taken seriously...

Or should I "get involved with" the douchebags that are most of hte younger kids who go, and the ones who aren't douchebags who think that they're smart and everything, well the other young people tend to be dumb****s, ****ty girls who had babies at 17, WEIRDOS (And i do mean weirdos...), white trash, lots of white trash, etc.

I hate my dad.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:34 AM #491
Shocker_Monkey
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Shocker_Monkey is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Shocker_Monkey is playing at Living Legends VII
Shocker_Monkey has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
Shocker_Monkey is Legendary
Shocker_Monkey is Boss
tl;dr

Stay in school!

Regardless of how smart you may or may not be, I guarantee that you will be overlooked for a decent job if you go in with just a high school diploma.

==========================================
WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Lots of Intimidator Parts F/S
Old 10-23-2012, 07:38 AM #492
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vswizzle
so i'm definitely skipping "college" today.
at this point idgaf about it, I cant stand that place any more. Just the fact that I'm young, was told all through school that I was smart but needed to apply myself, and the fact that I did my first year of college (at a real college), and my mom and dad honestly think that this **** is the same? "Oh you only have to go for ONE semester", i dont give a ****, I'm the one being forced to go so I'm the one being forced to pay for it, thanks a whole ****ing lot, thats really good parenting, force me to get into debt that I dont want, put me in an environment that is honestly dumbed down as ****, and think that I'm just going to go along with it and do my work? Pfft, yeah right. The retards i'm surrounded by and accompanied by in my classes honestly just make me say "I dont belong here, **** this, I dont care what I get because it doesn't count against my GPA anyway".

My dad said "YOU THINK YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR COMMUNITY COLLEGE?"
as a matter of fact, yes i ****ing do. I dont care to sit in classes that are basically made up mostly of adults that have made nothing of themselves and think that community college is somehow going to get them somewhere in life, even though community college is basically an extension of high school, for people who dont understand that the point of college is to get a good education, and just because you go to a "college" doesn't mean you're getting an education that is just as good as a real college.

Least the ****hole clown college here, you can tell the difference in atmosphere easy compared to the real college i went to. I havent met anybody who seems to be genuinely smart at community college, I've mainly met people who are either washed up adults who think that going to community college is going to change their lives so much, when its not, or kids who straight out of high school actually believe that they're smart because they can get good grades in community college because they try way more than they should have to.

The latter are who i mainly dont like and thats why i really hate it here. Just because you have kids who actually think that they're college students when a real college is nothing like a community college, least penn state york is absolutely nothing like community college. I had some douchebag kid in my biology class, and he was a freshman too i'm pretty sure, actually try to lecture me and talk down to me when I asked him what I missed in class the day before. "Dude you're not in high school anymore, this is college, you have to show up" (Vswizz)-"I was sick" (douchebag)-"Thats not a good enough reason not to miss"
Thats how a lot of the younger people are it seems, they think that they're hot **** because they can get good grades in a community college class with hours of studying and effort and ****, and think that they're just as good as a real college student..
My idiot parents said "get involved with people there", oh so I should either hang out with some washed up adults who didn't really do anything with their lives and dont understand that just because you go to "college" doesn't mean that you're automatically going to improve your life, because its not like community college is taken seriously...

Or should I "get involved with" the douchebags that are most of hte younger kids who go, and the ones who aren't douchebags who think that they're smart and everything, well the other young people tend to be dumb****s, ****ty girls who had babies at 17, WEIRDOS (And i do mean weirdos...), white trash, lots of white trash, etc.

I hate my dad.
College is for doctors and lawyers- business majors and people that have little vision. Keep your eye on what you wanna do. If its get rich, play the lottery. I cannot stand my father (adoptive) prostate cancer appears to be doing a good job of what would land me in prison.

Don't be hating on the ****ty girls, been helping **** ugly dudes get laid since the 1700s.

978-530-6747
Old 10-23-2012, 07:49 AM #493
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker_Monkey
tl;dr

Stay in school!

Regardless of how smart you may or may not be, I guarantee that you will be overlooked for a decent job if you go in with just a high school diploma.
Maybe he just wants a job - nothing too high priority. I make 15- an hour and did not complete high school. Did one year of college. It was horrible. Could I have a higher paying job? Absolutely- do I give a **** about making more money?? Nope. I live extremely comfortable and very few complaints in regards to schooling "holding me back" college is a tool necessary to create jobs within colleges not after. I cannot count how many colleges won't guarantee a job after a degree. That's as bad as going to Atlantic city!! Either way, yes college can help those that need guidance. It also gave vision to some of the richest individuals to have never completed college.

978-530-6747
Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 AM #494
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Not to be a dick, but maybe if you'd spent your first year at "real" college not getting arrested and shooting heroin you wouldn't be where you are today. If you really think that interdisciplinary classes at a community college are that terribly different from the interdisciplinary classes at a state university (they probably aren't), or if you really think you're too hot **** to go to community college for a semester, or even for all of your interdisciplinary work (you probably aren't), hock yourself, apply for grants, and apply for academic scholarships and go to a university.

Quote:
Maybe he just wants a job - nothing too high priority. I make 15- an hour and did not complete high school. Did one year of college. It was horrible. Could I have a higher paying job? Absolutely- do I give a **** about making more money?? Nope.
As long as you're happy with what you're doing, that's all that matters. Right now 50% of college grads are either unemployed or underemployed, so the value of an education in the current job market has kind of diminished by virtue of an increase in supply. However, on the aggregate, an undergrad degree still has a lifetime value of around 1 million dollars compared to high school diploma alone. And of course it depends a lot on what you want to do as well. You're not becoming an engineer or architect or chemist or doctor out of high school, obviously, but the value of that women's studies/journalism/French literature degree is pretty hit or miss

Last edited by dr.strangelove : 10-23-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:04 AM #495
Vswizzle (Banned)
SWIZZIN 24/7 365 *****ES

I'm just angry that my parents, mainly my dad, is basically just using this to try to punish me. There was no talk of me ever ever going to this ****hole until i got caught with the needles.

I'm going to tell him that I dont give a **** what he wants, because I'm not about to waste my time and my ****ing money on a place that doesn't give a **** about providing education, all they care about is getting your damn money.
Idr if i told you guys yesterday about the "med student" in my speech class there?
This trailer trash *****, literal trailer trash, always talks about stupid **** no one cares about in that class, well yesterday she's *****ing about a teacher (i wont call them professors, because they're not at a real college...) and she then says "I'm a med student, and I cant get a C"
and ****
i honestly was about to bust out laughing, because I didnt know you could be a med student at a ****ing community college, i wanted to be like oh you're a med student? What did you get on your MCAT? I didnt know they had a medical school at community college? and I didnt know that if you're supposedly a "med student" at a "community college", that a C would ruin anything, because you're going to ****ing community college, its not like community college is taken seriously or respected by anyone at all...(For good reason. Statistically most of the people who go to community college require remedial classes to get on a college level in math or reading/writing iirc., whereas with real colleges its like 1 in 5 iirc...)

And I really wanted to be like, oh so you're a med student? I thought that medical programs were hard, I didn't know that people not smart enough to know when to use "dont" and "didnt" eg (IT DONT WORK!!!!!!)would be able to get IN to a med program (but then again community college is only there to provide people who aren't capable of real college the feeling that they are college students and feeling like they're getting a good education, when they're not...
Old 10-23-2012, 08:09 AM #496
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

Yeah, there's no such thing as an actual medical school at a community college. If she's pre-med she's probably taking interdisciplinary or low-level pre-req courses there. If you pick your classes right, your credits will transfer out of a community college and into a university with the only discernible difference being that you paid probably somewhere around half the price per credit hour. A lot of students who can't get loans and don't have wealthy parents have successfully used that strategy to access college when they otherwise wouldn't have been able to. Frankly, your attitude pretty much sucks and your parents probably nailed this one - sounds like you could really use some growing up and humbling. If you're really that much better than the people you're attending classes with, you shouldn't have much trouble getting your education financed at a "real" institution of higher learning. The real world's out there and waiting for you - go give it a shot.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:10 AM #497
Shocker_Monkey
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Shocker_Monkey is Boss
Quote:
Maybe he just wants a job - nothing too high priority. I make 15- an hour and did not complete high school. Did one year of college. It was horrible. Could I have a higher paying job? Absolutely- do I give a **** about making more money?? Nope. I live extremely comfortable and very few complaints in regards to schooling "holding me back" college is a tool necessary to create jobs within colleges not after. I cannot count how many colleges won't guarantee a job after a degree. That's as bad as going to Atlantic city!! Either way, yes college can help those that need guidance. It also gave vision to some of the richest individuals to have never completed college.
Okay, I'll rephrase my statement. I almost guarantee that he will be passed up for meaningful work.

Before I got my degree I was stuck in decent paying jobs that I hated. Now I have a very good paying job that I love. And therein lies, IMO, the difference.

WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Old 10-23-2012, 08:16 AM #498
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker_Monkey

Okay, I'll rephrase my statement. I almost guarantee that he will be passed up for meaningful work.

Before I got my degree I was stuck in decent paying jobs that I hated. Now I have a very good paying job that I love. And therein lies, IMO, the difference.
I help people in my meaningless job!!! Your choice of words is atrocious! Lmfao: you know I'm busting yer nuts??

978-530-6747
Old 10-23-2012, 08:19 AM #499
Shocker_Monkey
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Shocker_Monkey is Boss
Quote:
I help people in my meaningless job!!! Your choice of words is atrocious! Lmfao: you know I'm busting yer nuts??
Hah, Yeah I know.

And by meaningful I don't mean helping the world. Screw that. I just mean meaningful to the employee.

WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 AM #500
Vswizzle (Banned)
SWIZZIN 24/7 365 *****ES

I'm sorry that i have a hard time taking a supposed institution of higher learning seriously when the norm for colleges is to have standards, and this "college" seems to have students who dont have a high school diploma (or at least they were doing something with a GED program FOR STUENTS iirc), and has students who are literally not even messing around, mentally retarded.

I'm sorry that I cant take a college seriously that has no standards, because I doubt there are really any good reasons to have no standards IN A COLLEGE, because the lack of standards would probably keep at least some smart people away.

There's no reason, in my mind, to go somewhere that has no standards and lower expectations if you dont have to, so why should I go somewhere where realistically the expectations would probably be lower, and so would the quality of education if i had to GUESS....
Old 10-23-2012, 08:45 AM #501
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Here's some free advice from a parent, and someone who blew off school himself. How your parents react is all in how you present your decision. In the end, it's your decision to go or not go, unless it's court ordered. I know if my kids came to me and said "**** you, I'm not going to some bull**** school", I'd immediately be on edge, and in a fighting mood. NOTHING they'd say after that would matter, because I'd have put them into the mental "idiot" file. Now, if they came to me and said "Dad, I just can't see where going $60,000 into debt that I'll be paying off for 20 years just to have a piece of paper that said I sat in school for those 4 years, and make an extra dollar an hour. I can get a jump start on experience, and if I need school, I can take night classes or get an online degree", I'd be much more receptive.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 AM #502
Shocker_Monkey
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Shocker_Monkey is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
Here's some free advice from a parent, and someone who blew off school himself. How your parents react is all in how you present your decision. In the end, it's your decision to go or not go, unless it's court ordered. I know if my kids came to me and said "**** you, I'm not going to some bull**** school", I'd immediately be on edge, and in a fighting mood. NOTHING they'd say after that would matter, because I'd have put them into the mental "idiot" file. Now, if they came to me and said "Dad, I just can't see where going $60,000 into debt that I'll be paying off for 20 years just to have a piece of paper that said I sat in school for those 4 years, and make an extra dollar an hour. I can get a jump start on experience, and if I need school, I can take night classes or get an online degree", I'd be much more receptive.
Everyone needs to listen to this man.

WISCONSIN NAVARONE
Old 10-23-2012, 08:59 AM #503
Vswizzle (Banned)
SWIZZIN 24/7 365 *****ES

woah woah woah chief
see you're misunderstanding what i'm saying
i want to be goin to college.
but i'd rather not be going to a college i hate SIMPLY because HE wants to try to punish me, not for any reason other than that (or is it all just coincidence that right after they found out certain things, did they say "we're not going to waste the money on you, becasue we dont know if its worth it" or something like that)

I'm not going to pay my own money to spend all day being surrounded by people who I cant relate to, and who just seem to be either a. trying to get out of a life of mediocrity
or b. will be living a life of mediocrity, a lot of the kids here are a lot worse than I was, not with regards to drugs, but with regards to just doing nothing, graduating high school then either getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant, no future plans, did terribly in high school (i did ehh but i actually got my **** together senior year) and so they couldn't get in anywhere and they're only going cause their parents want them to go
(see to clarify-i WANT to go to college, but not when I'm at a school that I hate, full of people I cant relate to, and at a place that they're more focused on accessibility than quality, maybe...)
there was no fighting last year when i started college, i'm saying them trying to punish me by putting me in a ****tier environment and telling me that i've got to pay for it isn't doing me any good.
and actually.
i think this might have ****ed up my future plans for college (see the plan was go 2 years at psu york, then you go to university park for the last 2, guaranteed a spot as long as you have a 2.0GPA, thats what probably the majority of the people going to the PSU branches end up doing, because you can do that with any penn state branch campus, and the branches are cheaper and not really too difficult to get into).

But now I'll only have done a year and a half at PSU york at the 2 years of college done mark. (and the half is if they're not lieing to me, but i have a feeling they are.)

I wouldn't be surprised if they ****ed up my chances of going to UP now. (and honestly...not many people get degrees from the PSU branches, some people do, but i wouldn't be surprised at all if the majority of PSU branch campus students are only attending so they can go 2+2 at UP, that was what I was planning),
Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 AM #504
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

If your community college is regionally accredited, the difference between the credits you're earning there and the credits you'd be earing at any state university is exactly dick. And like I said, if you're really as hot **** as you think you are, go make it happen and get yourself into a school you find respectable enough for your lofty standards.

Sorry if I don't have a lot of sympathy for a whining upper middle class white kid who ****ed off his first year of college at a decent university shooting up drugs and trying to be "gangsta", and then wants to get pissed off at his parents for not providing him the lifestyle to which he thinks he is entitled. Jesus H Christ do you need a bite of a reality sandwich.

On that note, does anyone else find it beyond hilarious that a suburban white boy wannabe gangsta who idolizes ghetto culture is throwing a tantrum because of the caliber of people he has to deal with at a community college campus? Stay real, homie. You a true 187 thug

Last edited by dr.strangelove : 10-23-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Closed Thread