PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-12-2012, 08:05 PM #1
mtrivera12
Mtrivera12

mtrivera12 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Need professional advice for a mobile paintball setup.

Hey guys I am here just asking for some advice yes I am young but love paintball and I see a huge market and done a whole business plan on this concept. I am aware that it is out there but not in my area and I have a huge list of clients who would love to try it out even my old high school that I graduated from.I just need some advice on tackling the air supply concept. What would be the best type of compressor that I can take around on the truck with me what does it run on. Theres just so many out there Im not asking for you guys to do my work for me but i came here out of respect because you are all knowledgeable and I need some guidance.So the air i wanna tackle. The issue with air bunkers netting guns masks I have taken care of mainly. Another issue that im having is insurance. Ive been looking at CIA cossio insurance agency cause of there reputation. I wanna know if any of you guys attempted a mobile field before. Also how would you guys carry out the clean up? Just some tips on those concepts would be great Thank you guys so much. Please dont bash me just a young individual who has a entrepreneurial drive and a love for paintball. Trying to keep the sport alive thank you. PM me if you would like to share any more info that you think would help
mtrivera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:32 PM #2
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
There is a mobile trailer all set up already for sale in the Ownere for sale section. Don't know if you have access to it. If not, the guy's user name is louisp. You might try pm'ing him. I think he's in Montreal, so it would be a few hours drive for you to pick it up, but might be worthwhile.

The cleanup would be a pain, especially at a school or something. Even leaving just a few paintballs lying around on the field after you leave could be very problematic. Kids being kids, they are going to grab them and break them on anything around. That could be a real hassle if they start vandalizing the school with the paint.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:30 AM #3
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

Annual Supporting Member
bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bigfootguy2002 is BST Legit
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
I have been doing portable paintball/offsite events for 6 years. Depending on how large your operation is, I would tell you to go with a coltri MCH-6, or a bauer 3.5CFM in a crash cage, with a Honda Gas motor. Two bulk tanks, and a push button fill station. The key is to have your tanks completely full before you leave to do an event. If you don't follow that rule this equipment will not be successful.

The next size up (In the Coltri line) is a MCH 9, which is 7 CFM--you could run this compressor with two tanks and a fill station also, but I feel like this may be a lot more compressor than you need.

Gas is the only way to go if you are going to do portable events--why would you go electric?

As far as clean up, this can be tricky. I am about to buy a small inflatable arena, I think it will make the events I do more streamline, and pulling in new customers significantly easy. Do you plan to put netting up on 4 sides? If so, rake or sweep your area depending on the material, and then if it is concrete or asphalt, wash it down with a hose.

PM me if you have any questions, I will be glad to help.
-Will

Central Alabama Paintball Park and Tournament Complex
Minor League Paintball (MiLP)
(205) 837-4177
bigfootguy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:33 AM #4
Egos4flifeguy
- FISH - FISH - FISH -

Egos4flifeguy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Egos4flifeguy is for the Gunfight
Egos4flifeguy is for the Gunfight
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Egos4flifeguy supports DLX Technology
I'm co-owner of Arkansas Rivervalley Paintball. I could literally send you pictures via phone, so you can get a serious idea for the best design for the air system.

We have our compressor on the back left of the trailer, with a hole in the bottom of floor, (covered by a rotating cap), which we run the line through, and have our table set outside of the trailer, where we run on Vmax proboxs (best in market) running 3k and 4500 fills.

We have used time to perfect this system, and it works for us.

Feel free to contact me via txt by 1-479-670-2211 for other help on the mobile trailer field idea. Cause I've already been there and done that
Egos4flifeguy's Gearbag Sale
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Blue/Black I4s!
Egos4flifeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:45 AM #5
mtrivera12
Mtrivera12

mtrivera12 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sorry havent replied to you guys but thank you so much for all the answers. Ill be sure to contact you guys for any advice thank you so much guys.
mtrivera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:35 PM #6
PCPaintball.Scott
BALLING SINCE 84'

Kind of curious why you wouldn't do reball? x amount of games or time on the field, same as regular paintballs but you wouldn't have the pain in the butt problem of kids etc. throwing the paint at walls or other things you don't want painted.

I understand some people steal them which increases your costs etc. but x loss per event would be kinda expected. I am not sure how bad it can get but you might want to consider it if you can get some input from anyone using reball currently.

Good luck on your project
PCPaintball.Scott is offline   Reply With Quote