Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 AM #64
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrokid610 View Post
Shockers were garbage out of the box and would cost more then any other tourny ready gun new in box after all upgrades you have to buy. There's a reason SP went bankrupt and that's because they made trash. Sure, they sponsored pro teams, but NONE of those teams or players were shooting 100% stock shockers. New reg, new board, new bolt, that's basically a new gun. I'd shoot any AKA over SP. AKA is a high end brand, they just got ****ed when SP sue'd them years ago. They aren't offbrand but most definitely aren't seen in tourny's anymore and they are rare to see rec ballin even. I'd say WGP and tippmann each made more guns then SP.
You shouldn't talk anymore, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

SP didn't go out of business because nobody was buying their stuff, in fact the opposite is true. They took out a loan to expand their factory to keep up. The bank they took the loan out with was going under so they called in all of their loans early, SP couldn't pay back a loan they had only taken out a year or two earlier and so they had to declare bankruptcy.
The pro teams were for the most part shooting stock shockers. I think the most any of them had was a new board and the HE bolt back when SP only had the cricket boards. However, with the new expansions, they were going to start producing better boards to go with their high ends, the impulse came with a board with the new tech.
Also, the number of times Russian Legion, Ton Tons, Strange, Tremor, Nasty, and Dynasty renewed their contract speaks volumes about how much they liked the shocker.
AKA didn't go under when SP sued them, AKA is still alive and well, though the Gardner brothers did pull a dick move in suing them.

The ion sold over 100,000 units, which except for the tippman 98(which has been out for 14(almost 15) years now) hasn't been beat by any one gun model.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 02:18 PM #65
im bad at pbx
Can't we All be friends?

im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx supports Team VICIOUS
im bad at pbx supports Sherwood Forest
im bad at pbx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
im bad at pbx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut

You shouldn't talk anymore, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

SP didn't go out of business because nobody was buying their stuff, in fact the opposite is true. They took out a loan to expand their factory to keep up. The bank they took the loan out with was going under so they called in all of their loans early, SP couldn't pay back a loan they had only taken out a year or two earlier and so they had to declare bankruptcy.
The pro teams were for the most part shooting stock shockers. I think the most any of them had was a new board and the HE bolt back when SP only had the cricket boards. However, with the new expansions, they were going to start producing better boards to go with their high ends, the impulse came with a board with the new tech.
Also, the number of times Russian Legion, Ton Tons, Strange, Tremor, Nasty, and Dynasty renewed their contract speaks volumes about how much they liked the shocker.
AKA didn't go under when SP sued them, AKA is still alive and well, though the Gardner brothers did pull a dick move in suing them.

The ion sold over 100,000 units, which except for the tippman 98(which has been out for 14(almost 15) years now) hasn't been beat by any one gun model.
This guy knows what he's talking about, also ions shoot better than my geo hands down.
im bad at pbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:57 PM #66
rsion4191

rsion4191 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WGP as an off-brand..? Show some respect, geeez.
rsion4191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:23 PM #67
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsion4191 View Post
WGP as an off-brand..? Show some respect, geeez.

Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:06 PM #68
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
You didn't have to buy a bunch of upgrades for a shocker. All mine had was a clamping feedback, on/off asa and trigger. It shot great.
Planet Eclipse
G.I. Sportz
V-Force
Exalt
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM #69
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKreeper View Post
You didn't have to buy a bunch of upgrades for a shocker. All mine had was a clamping feedback, on/off asa and trigger. It shot great.
Though, they can get REALLY nice when you start to get more and more upgrades. And the upgrades are normally dirt cheap.
This shocker was actually a piece by piece build, not a gun I bought then upgraded.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:44 PM #70
freestylexxx
Old school

to skip all the off topic stuff and to go back to the original topic, you want to shoot something unique?

who cares if it's brass eagles.... what happened to them anyways? I can almost guess the story.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:25 PM #71
im bad at pbx
Can't we All be friends?

im bad at pbx supports Team VICIOUS
im bad at pbx supports Sherwood Forest
im bad at pbx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
im bad at pbx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylexxx
to skip all the off topic stuff and to go back to the original topic, you want to shoot something unique?

who cares if it's brass eagles.... what happened to them anyways? I can almost guess the story.
That's hot
im bad at pbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM #72
NightKreeper

NightKreeper is a Supporting Member
NightKreeper plays in the PSP
NightKreeper plays in the APPA D4 division
BE was bought out, then changed their name to JT Sports
Planet Eclipse
G.I. Sportz
V-Force
Exalt
NightKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 PM #73
carebearPM8

carebearPM8 is an NCPA player
carebearPM8 plays in the APPA beginner division
carebearPM8 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carebearPM8 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKreeper View Post
BE was bought out, then changed their name to JT Sports
BE and JT are two separate companies. They were both owned by K2 which also owned WGP and viewloader. K2 then sold too kee action sports (empire) where all brands were relabeled as JT