Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-12-2012, 06:53 PM #1
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
First Electric

I have a Spyder Victot II right now. I really like egronomics of it, but I want to upgrade it to electric. Is it worth it? I was thinking the virtue board. Or should I just get a used gun?
My max budget for all my upgrades (including hopper) is $150.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2012, 11:20 AM #2
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Honestly, a budget of $150 is going to really start limiting your options. Personally, I was suggest against taking a mechanic gun and trying to upgrade it to electro. In general it works, but it's never quite as good as a marker that's *made* to be electro IMO.

My suggestion, if you're serious about getting an electro, save up your money and get a cheap electro and decent / cheap hopper. This way you not only have a better quality marker, but you'll have to hopper that you won't want to replace in 4 months (because you had to get something cheap to fit your budget) and an extra setup (your current one) to loan out to friends or as backup.

Suggestions for guns? Look at the older Planet Eclipse Ego and Dye / Proto markers. They'll be older and heavier than the newer stuff, but they're still quality and will still serve you well.

Now that I think about it; if you're running a Spyder, my guess is you have a CO2 tank. If that's correct the above advice is still *good*, but it won't be compatible with your CO2 tank; they'll be compressed air only.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:07 PM #3
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
Yeah, I would like to switch to HPA, but it's not feasible for me now. I also don't play speedsball a ton, but I want an electric for when I do.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 PM #4
Tempted (Banned)

You have a couple options. This is an MR1 I did for a guy. Total was $20, including my labor and the frame(I always have a E Spyder frames laying around). This option gives you semi auto, 3 and 5 round burst and full auto. It also lets you set your BPS up to 15.

However with a $150 budget what I would get is a Spyder rocking trigger. For me, personally, I don't like the ergonomics of a rocking trigger but most do. Especially moving from a mechanical trigger.

Either option will require a hopper upgrade. Your best bet is a Halo. They can be bought between $35 and $75 depending on condition and upgrades. I'd recommend a cheaper one, any Halo will more than keep up with any Spyder. The nice part is a Halo can also keep up with anything you upgrade to later.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:23 PM #5
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 supports Empire
Where would you find a rocking trigger? Amazon?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 PM #6
Tempted (Banned)

Yes, but you can probably find one right here on the forums for cheaper. There are no modifications required to switch the frames.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote