PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 PM #1
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

VP Debate

I haven't yet gotten to watch it (hopefully in the next hour or so) but I figured I'd open up a thread to get this going. Discuss anything about the VP debate in here.

Ready, set, go.
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 PM #2
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Biden pretty much destroyed Ryan. Said he was full of malarkey.

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 PM #3
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
CNN poll of Registered voters had Ryan 48 and Biden 44

Alot of people thought Biden was a huge *******, but personally, I liked the emotion and fire. I like him alot more now. Ryan kept his cool and played it safe. Alot of rhetoric from both sides as normal.

I personally had it a tie. Maybe Biden won by a small margin.

Last edited by tsbalr120 : 10-11-2012 at 10:57 PM.
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:37 PM #4
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Ryan was lost because of his ticket not having any actual plan. He instead was dancing around questions while Biden feasted on his tears. Ryan needs to leave the chameleon stuff to Romney.

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 PM #5
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is Legendary
The only "plan" biden ever mentioned was letting the bush tax rates. I thought Ryan explained the basic framework for their plan pretty decently in 2min time frame when Biden didn't mention any plan for the future.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 PM #6
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Biden went into much detail. He said he'd let the tax cuts for the rich expire in contrast to Ryan. +1 Biden

He detailed the time table to pull out of Iraq. Ryan could only say he agreed with the timetable but then said Obama made us out to be weak by the way he went about announcing it. A mere ploy to pray on the uninformed. Biden then shot down his deceptive tactic by explaining in detail how the timetable was necessary in order to get the Afghans to do their own dirty work as learned from Iraq. +1 Biden

Biden then went on to shoot down Romney's voucher system. +1

To bad Obama didn't have the same composure and drive.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 PM #7
Iamamartianchurch

I love watching marionettes dont you?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 PM #8
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is Legendary
Shakey im proud of you, this is the best post you have made in forever. I disagree on points but to each their own.

CNN also had Ryan as more qualified to be president.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:14 PM #9
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Did CNN mention that like Obama, Ryan constantly had his head down scribbling notes, while Biden was laughing and playing the Alpha, interrupting Ryan almost at will?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 PM #10
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyjonez View Post
Did CNN mention that like Obama, Ryan constantly had his head down scribbling notes, while Biden was laughing and playing the Alpha, interrupting Ryan almost at will?
Yes they discussed how his attitude was rude and unprofessional.

Because of that I think is why he had 8 low points to a panel of undecided voters to Ryan's 1 low point about abortion.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:21 PM #11
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

Biden is always rude. Sure it's unprofessional but a fitting response imo, to the smoke Ryan was blowing all night. I'd lol too. I give Ryan credit for hitting all of his talking points and repetition of keywords and phases. They say that's what wins undecided votes so....

Old 10-11-2012, 11:25 PM #12
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is Legendary
I agree it was a fitting response to obama's ahit of a debate. His attitude gave him control of the debate. But in result it rubbed people the wrong way.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:28 PM #13
sucka T.

has been a member for 10 years
biden is quite the douche

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 PM #14
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

fosho

Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 AM #15
The Ralpst

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucka T. View Post
biden is quite the douche
I find it interesting that, when it was Romney interrupting and energetic, Romney was credited with a solid win. Now, when Biden essentially does the exact same thing, Biden is a "douche". I'm not coming down on you sucka T, I'm actually interested in how there seem to be two sets of expectations for the two parties. Biden was much more aggressive than many expected and that seems to result in different reactions.

Honestly, if I had to go up and debate against Ryan's litany of lies and half-truths, my eyes would have been rolling out of my head. The fact-checkers are eating Ryan alive right now.
"Ask a Russian engineer to design you a shoe, and he'll give you something that looks like the box the shoe came in. Ask him to design something that will slaughter Germans, and he turns into Thomas ******* Edison." - Neal Stephenson

Trauma'dOlive DM6 w/ Predator eyes
The Ralpst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:20 AM #16
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ralpst View Post
I find it interesting that, when it was Romney interrupting and energetic, Romney was credited with a solid win. Now, when Biden essentially does the exact same thing, Biden is a "douche". I'm not coming down on you sucka T, I'm actually interested in how there seem to be two sets of expectations for the two parties. Biden was much more aggressive than many expected and that seems to result in different reactions.

Honestly, if I had to go up and debate against Ryan's litany of lies and half-truths, my eyes would have been rolling out of my head. The fact-checkers are eating Ryan alive right now.
Exact same thing? Not at all. Romney wasn't crossing his arms and giggling throughout his opponent's responses.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 AM #17
Rapier7
Smarter than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ralpst View Post

Romney didn't interrupt President Obama like Biden did to Ryan. Biden repeatedly cut into Ryan's responses. He smirked. He laughed. He acted like a generally boorish clown and many people were turned off by it.

What Biden did was make a play for the Democratic base. He succeeded in that respect. In the larger picture, Ryan gave respectful, measured, and well intoned responses to the questions posed by the moderator. He did well with both his base and the electorate at large, which is why he got a slight edge in the post-debate polling compared to Biden.

When it came to style, Ryan won because he was considerate, courteous, well spoken, and calm. They more or less fought to a draw on the "substance".
Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 AM #18
licence2kill
POOP

didn't watch it, but just about all of paul ryan's ideas are bad so **** him
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:34 AM #19
Rapier7
Smarter than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
didn't watch it, but just about all of paul ryan's ideas are bad so **** him
Ladies and gentlemen, your American electorate!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:41 AM #20
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Not sure where you all are getting the idea that polling shows Ryan won, aside from that one CNN snap poll of more Republicans than Democrats in which the difference is within the margin, every poll shows Biden crushed him.

And he did. It's not going to get any better for Ryan once the fact-checking melts down trying to catalog all his lies.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 AM #21
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier7 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, your American electorate!
why on earth would i watch a stupid veep debate to make up my mind about paul ryan? I already know his policy proposals and views, and they're ****.

im not suprised your smitten with him though. he's an idiots idea of what a smart person should be.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote