Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 PM #1
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
VP Debate

I haven't yet gotten to watch it (hopefully in the next hour or so) but I figured I'd open up a thread to get this going. Discuss anything about the VP debate in here.

Ready, set, go.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 PM #2
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
Biden pretty much destroyed Ryan. Said he was full of malarkey.
__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 PM #3
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
CNN poll of Registered voters had Ryan 48 and Biden 44

Alot of people thought Biden was a huge *******, but personally, I liked the emotion and fire. I like him alot more now. Ryan kept his cool and played it safe. Alot of rhetoric from both sides as normal.

I personally had it a tie. Maybe Biden won by a small margin.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120

Last edited by tsbalr120 : 10-11-2012 at 10:57 PM.
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:37 PM #4
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
Ryan was lost because of his ticket not having any actual plan. He instead was dancing around questions while Biden feasted on his tears. Ryan needs to leave the chameleon stuff to Romney.
__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 PM #5
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
The only "plan" biden ever mentioned was letting the bush tax rates. I thought Ryan explained the basic framework for their plan pretty decently in 2min time frame when Biden didn't mention any plan for the future.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 PM #6
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
Biden went into much detail. He said he'd let the tax cuts for the rich expire in contrast to Ryan. +1 Biden

He detailed the time table to pull out of Iraq. Ryan could only say he agreed with the timetable but then said Obama made us out to be weak by the way he went about announcing it. A mere ploy to pray on the uninformed. Biden then shot down his deceptive tactic by explaining in detail how the timetable was necessary in order to get the Afghans to do their own dirty work as learned from Iraq. +1 Biden

Biden then went on to shoot down Romney's voucher system. +1

To bad Obama didn't have the same composure and drive.
__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:53 PM #7
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I love watching marionettes dont you?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 PM #8
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Shakey im proud of you, this is the best post you have made in forever. I disagree on points but to each their own.

CNN also had Ryan as more qualified to be president.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:14 PM #9
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
Did CNN mention that like Obama, Ryan constantly had his head down scribbling notes, while Biden was laughing and playing the Alpha, interrupting Ryan almost at will?
__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:16 PM #10
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyjonez View Post
Did CNN mention that like Obama, Ryan constantly had his head down scribbling notes, while Biden was laughing and playing the Alpha, interrupting Ryan almost at will?
Yes they discussed how his attitude was rude and unprofessional.

Because of that I think is why he had 8 low points to a panel of undecided voters to Ryan's 1 low point about abortion.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:21 PM #11
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
Biden is always rude. Sure it's unprofessional but a fitting response imo, to the smoke Ryan was blowing all night. I'd lol too. I give Ryan credit for hitting all of his talking points and repetition of keywords and phases. They say that's what wins undecided votes so....
__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:25 PM #12
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
I agree it was a fitting response to obama's ahit of a debate. His attitude gave him control of the debate. But in result it rubbed people the wrong way.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:28 PM #13
sucka T.
 
 
sucka T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: GA
 has been a member for 10 years
biden is quite the douche
__________________
1st Annual ST Friendship BBQ

ThreadSavers®

http://www.ohnoes.org/

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=891102
sucka T. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 PM #14
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!
 
shakeyjonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: One Nation Under GOD!
fosho
__________________
Holy
Kids


"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
shakeyjonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 AM #15
The Ralpst
 
 
The Ralpst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucka T. View Post
biden is quite the douche
I find it interesting that, when it was Romney interrupting and energetic, Romney was credited with a solid win. Now, when Biden essentially does the exact same thing, Biden is a "douche". I'm not coming down on you sucka T, I'm actually interested in how there seem to be two sets of expectations for the two parties. Biden was much more aggressive than many expected and that seems to result in different reactions.

Honestly, if I had to go up and debate against Ryan's litany of lies and half-truths, my eyes would have been rolling out of my head. The fact-checkers are eating Ryan alive right now.
__________________
"Ask a Russian engineer to design you a shoe, and he'll give you something that looks like the box the shoe came in. Ask him to design something that will slaughter Germans, and he turns into Thomas ******* Edison." - Neal Stephenson

Trauma'dOlive DM6 w/ Predator eyes
The Ralpst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:20 AM #16
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ralpst View Post
I find it interesting that, when it was Romney interrupting and energetic, Romney was credited with a solid win. Now, when Biden essentially does the exact same thing, Biden is a "douche". I'm not coming down on you sucka T, I'm actually interested in how there seem to be two sets of expectations for the two parties. Biden was much more aggressive than many expected and that seems to result in different reactions.

Honestly, if I had to go up and debate against Ryan's litany of lies and half-truths, my eyes would have been rolling out of my head. The fact-checkers are eating Ryan alive right now.
Exact same thing? Not at all. Romney wasn't crossing his arms and giggling throughout his opponent's responses.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 AM #17
Rapier7
Smarter than you
 
Rapier7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ralpst View Post
I find it interesting that, when it was Romney interrupting and energetic, Romney was credited with a solid win. Now, when Biden essentially does the exact same thing, Biden is a "douche". I'm not coming down on you sucka T, I'm actually interested in how there seem to be two sets of expectations for the two parties. Biden was much more aggressive than many expected and that seems to result in different reactions.

Honestly, if I had to go up and debate against Ryan's litany of lies and half-truths, my eyes would have been rolling out of my head. The fact-checkers are eating Ryan alive right now.
Romney didn't interrupt President Obama like Biden did to Ryan. Biden repeatedly cut into Ryan's responses. He smirked. He laughed. He acted like a generally boorish clown and many people were turned off by it.

What Biden did was make a play for the Democratic base. He succeeded in that respect. In the larger picture, Ryan gave respectful, measured, and well intoned responses to the questions posed by the moderator. He did well with both his base and the electorate at large, which is why he got a slight edge in the post-debate polling compared to Biden.

When it came to style, Ryan won because he was considerate, courteous, well spoken, and calm. They more or less fought to a draw on the "substance".
__________________
http://metatalkingpoints.blogspot.com/ - Intelligent Commentary
Rapier7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 AM #18
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
didn't watch it, but just about all of paul ryan's ideas are bad so **** him
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:34 AM #19
Rapier7
Smarter than you
 
Rapier7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
didn't watch it, but just about all of paul ryan's ideas are bad so **** him
Ladies and gentlemen, your American electorate!
__________________
http://metatalkingpoints.blogspot.com/ - Intelligent Commentary
Rapier7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:41 AM #20
drgonzo
Half-cocked
 
drgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Not sure where you all are getting the idea that polling shows Ryan won, aside from that one CNN snap poll of more Republicans than Democrats in which the difference is within the margin, every poll shows Biden crushed him.

And he did. It's not going to get any better for Ryan once the fact-checking melts down trying to catalog all his lies.
__________________
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 AM #21
licence2kill
POOP
 
licence2kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier7 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, your American electorate!
why on earth would i watch a stupid veep debate to make up my mind about paul ryan? I already know his policy proposals and views, and they're ****.

im not suprised your smitten with him though. he's an idiots idea of what a smart person should be.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump