Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-29-2012, 08:43 AM #22
kingman imagine 03

I called the shop where my gun is at today and they said the paintball gun tech said he couldn't fix it.It is past his repair he said.
kingman imagine 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2012, 12:01 PM #23
pntball_dude1990
is full of gin and regret

pntball_dude1990 donated to help Peyton Trent
pntball_dude1990 helped look for balloons
pntball_dude1990 is playing at Living Legends III
pntball_dude1990 supports Team VICIOUS
are you running a co2 tank or compressed air?
is the gun re-cocking after every weak shot?
is the hammer oring lubed?

just answer me this and we will be well on our way

any shop that can't fix a spyder imagine sadly isn't a shop that is worth crap.

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
pntball_dude1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:16 PM #24
lpmaster

has been a member for 10 years
i mentioned this is another thread recently and can almost guarantee it is the case here as well if your ASA is stock (where you screw in your tank) remove the line from the asa and you will see a brass or copper colored little circle "filter" between the asa and line. REMOVE it. it shoudl just fall out in most cases if not just dig it out being sure not to mess up the threads for your fitting but don't worry about messing up that 'filter" you won't need it.

If the marker is not stock, just be sure you are using the correct springs, try a lighter one on the valve and a stronger one on the hammer. and see what happens
lpmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:27 AM #25
xXBloodLustACXx
The EM1 Collector

xXBloodLustACXx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If you really get sick of trying to fix this thing then you should really just go buy a VS1 or something. The 03 Imagine is a pretty dated marker which is worth next to nothing these days, unfortunately. I don't know what you paid for it but given all the time you've put into trying to fix it you probably would have been better off just buying a new marker.

I don't want to discourage you! It can be a perfectly usable gun. But just keep in mind that it's not the end of the world if you decide to give up. VS1s should be very cheap and come with eyes which is already a massive improvement.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:34 AM #26
pntball_dude1990

that is true. vs1's are pretty nice. i honestly see nothing wrong with the imagine though. then again, I've been playing long enough that they arnt dated to me yet lol.

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 PM #27
kingman imagine 03

I am using co2 the gun is re cocking after every shot sometimes it runs off you pull trigger once and shots like 12 times and yes the hammer orings lubed
Old 11-01-2012, 06:42 PM #28
lpmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingman imagine 03 View Post
I am using co2 the gun is re cocking after every shot sometimes it runs off you pull trigger once and shots like 12 times and yes the hammer orings lubed
check fro that little filter I was talking about between the bottom line fitting and the asa.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 PM #29
kingman imagine 03

I sure will.I think i am going up to pick the gun up tomorrow from the stupid shop I mean paintball shop
Old 11-01-2012, 07:45 PM #30
acmeman

acmeman is playing at Living Legends VII
acmeman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
acmeman has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Maybe the board is going bad. Time for a upgrade.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:43 PM #31
kingman imagine 03

I wouldn't think the board going bad would have anything to do with it shooting like 25 feet would it?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:26 PM #32
acmeman

acmeman is playing at Living Legends VII
acmeman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
acmeman has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
No it wouldn't just the fact that it would shoot 12 shoots with 1 trigger pull unless I misunderstood what you posted.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 AM #33
pntball_dude1990

That excessive shooting sounds like sear wear. Those boards are so simple that a relay would die before they start shooting whacky. As far as the velocity goes, its probably that little filter as any co2 tank will provide enough psi for your marker to operate. Another could be the aftermarket spring is not strong enough to fully depress the valve pin long enough for the required amount of air to flow and move the ball more

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 AM #34
lpmaster

the erratic firing can also be the LACK of pressure, unable to push the hammer back far enough to reach the sear, kind of like when you're almost out of Air. Still sounds like the filter and something a new school tech would not even know is there.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:30 AM #35
pntball_dude1990

Untill you brought that filter up before, I had completely forgotten about its existance. I haven't had an imagine in years. Most logical vote is for filter. Ive been swayed.

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
Old 11-02-2012, 02:11 PM #36
kingman imagine 03

I took the little filter out and it shot better not good just better.I am useing a new co2 tank just filled never used yet so it cant be the tank pressure being to low.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:14 PM #37
kingman imagine 03

I took every thing apart and cleaned it in hot soapy water.I will put new o rings on everything again to see what happens if nothing new i am out of ideas.And when i say everything apart i mean everything the line off the valve the regulator it all the only thing i didn't wash is the cup seal and springs
Old 11-02-2012, 02:56 PM #38
lpmaster

Quote:
I took every thing apart and cleaned it in hot soapy water.I will put new o rings on everything again to see what happens if nothing new i am out of ideas.And when i say everything apart i mean everything the line off the valve the regulator it all the only thing i didn't wash is the cup seal and springs
If you can, try posting pictures of your entire gun disassembled and pictures of the o-rings your using on the hammer (though i've used all kinds of o-rings on spyder hammers over the years in a pinch and never had a problem.)
Old 11-02-2012, 03:10 PM #39
kingman imagine 03

I put all together and still the same thing.It has alittle bit of distance but still runs off with one pull of the trigger.I just dont understand it.I do not have a camera to take pics with or I would be happy to take some.If it helps i order the hammer o ring from ansgear it was part#19a i am pretty sure and it was a red seal
Old 11-02-2012, 03:27 PM #40
lpmaster

Quote:
I put all together and still the same thing.It has alittle bit of distance but still runs off with one pull of the trigger.I just dont understand it.I do not have a camera to take pics with or I would be happy to take some.If it helps i order the hammer o ring from ansgear it was part#19a i am pretty sure and it was a red seal
no worries, you mentioned "regulator" in a previous post so I just wanted to see fi your gun was stock or not, were just referring to your foregrip or does your gun indeed have a regulator on it? If it does the reg my just be set too low, I'm still under the impression your gun is not getting the proper about of air.

The thing I always tried was holding the valve pin open by holding the bolt all the way forward and blowing throught he asa with my mouth. should flow fairly freely, if it 's deifficult to blow through there, something is wrong.

One mroe thing I've ran into before.

I had someone install the little black bumper donut that goes around the spring between the hammer and and velocity adjuster incorrectly.

They had thrown it in there in front of the hammer and caused a similar problem to what you are describing
Old 11-02-2012, 04:22 PM #41
kingman imagine 03

It only has a stock expansion chamber a after market twisted volumizer,trigger,delrin bolt,drop forward.dye sticky grips with a system x 14 inch barrel.I blowed thought it easy at first then it got hard to blow through?And i checked pics of that bumper donut and i have it in the right way
Old 11-02-2012, 04:33 PM #42
lpmaster

Quote:
It only has a stock expansion chamber a after market twisted volumizer,trigger,delrin bolt,drop forward.dye sticky grips with a system x 14 inch barrel.I blowed thought it easy at first then it got hard to blow through?And i checked pics of that bumper donut and i have it in the right way
ok, one last test for diagnostic purpouses, remove your stock expansion chamber (and bottom line if you want) if that makes it easier, and screw your tank in directly to your vertical adapter. (make sure the keep your gun pointed straight forward so the bottle is always more than less vertical. and try some test fires that way. if it shoots fine, we know the problem is between your bottom line and valve body, if it doesn't the problem lies in your spring ratio or perhaps some incorrect parts in your valve/hammer assembly. Pics would really really help but try that and let me know what happens