PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2014, 07:39 AM #1177
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

stickin2j has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stickin2j has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
We got an emergency placement last night! Still waiting to hear anything on the two that have been "planned".

Few things,
We have no idea how long they (singular, but gender neutral) will be with us. Pray for our young friend that they may find peace in Christ, and that we may display His love. From the few minutes we had last night, I don't believe they have that relationship.
Pray for my wife, as she doesn't always handle stress too well, and an emergency placement is a little different than what we were expecting.
Pray for complete healing from their past abuse.
Christ Krew #293
stickin2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2014, 02:12 AM #1178
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Sucks to hear of your loss Ghost, prayers. Howdy Krew

I have a full time job (yay!) but it's working in a post shop (boo!) but at least I don't have to do 70 hour weeks in the film industry (yay!).

Changing careers at 30. No more concept or 3D work. Having to start from the bottom in what is basically an unskilled school leaver job because none of my skills transfer to anything much without super expensive upskilling and retraining I can't afford. That's life though.

Meanwhile I've been put in charge of NZP8NT. Excited to see where that goes
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 AM #1179
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

Congrats on the job, vijil. Changing up everything sucks, but "the best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry". And I went ahead and gave you another "Like".

I don't know where to begin on a praise report. The person that has been placed in our care is really awesome. I feel like I did when my oldest biological daughter was born. We still don't have much surety about the future, just like I didn't have a clue how good of a dad I could be. But, at the same time, I just want to pour as much love as I possibly can to them. I'm sure I'll mess up something, but, as long as I show Christ's love, I know they will be better for it. Please continue to pray that we do show Christ's love. And hopefully, I can be a little less vague very soon.
Christ Krew #293

Last edited by stickin2j : 04-29-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:19 PM #1180
GhostJedai
I push buttons

Annual Supporting Member
GhostJedai is BST Trusted
GhostJedai has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai is Legendary
GhostJedai is attending Decay of Nations VII
GhostJedai supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
Sucks to hear of your loss Ghost, prayers. Howdy Krew

I have a full time job (yay!) but it's working in a post shop (boo!) but at least I don't have to do 70 hour weeks in the film industry (yay!).

Changing careers at 30. No more concept or 3D work. Having to start from the bottom in what is basically an unskilled school leaver job because none of my skills transfer to anything much without super expensive upskilling and retraining I can't afford. That's life though.

Meanwhile I've been put in charge of NZP8NT. Excited to see where that goes
Thanks for the prayers, man. And congrats on the new job!

Side note: I'm now training for a triathlon (not Ironman... I'm not crazy) this fall, raising money for Children's Hospital LA. If anyone is interested in donating, let me know.
Christ Krew #17

GhostJedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:01 AM #1181
procyonwarrior

procyonwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
procyonwarrior has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Had a great weekend with my reserve unit. Preached on James 1 and 2 cor. 12. Always amazes me how often we boast in our strengths when really recognizing weakness is a strength unto itself.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:17 AM #1182
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Kinda like playing stock class instead of spraying and praying with an electro wiz-banger.

Just k'n Matt. Glad to hear things are going well.

This one's got auto trigger. (for when you wanna kill everybody on the field)

Just thought the thread could use some more gun pics.

Springs a coming, everybody ready to get some play time in?
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32

Last edited by markcheb : 05-05-2014 at 10:48 AM.
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:31 PM #1183
RLN

RLN donated to help Peyton Trent
RLN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RLN has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RLN has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Nice Mark. I would've thought the cocker pump would have the compressed air tank and the phantom(love phantoms) would have the co2 tank.

All anybody does out here is spray. I tried to get pump going out here at the local field but it just didn't have the following I was hoping for and eventually died out when the few pump players that we did have left the island or just stopped playing altogether.
Christ Krew#291Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=383004
RLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:51 PM #1184
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Thanks Richard. I put the cocker together with the idea of maybe using 12grams and had a bucket changer in instead of the tank. I rarely use CO2 at all, I only put the tank on for pics and kicks. On custom cockers one of the machinist is talking about building a new nelson based marker to offer for sale that has me pretty excited, which means the cocker prolly won't stay in my hands very long. Same guys that built this:

Build thread if interested

The phantom ain't going anywhere though. It's my favorite gun for fighting.

Sorry to hear about the pump scene there. The fields I go to, it isn't that uncommon to see somebody playing with one, but I'm certainly in the minority.
ChristKrew #185
Old 05-06-2014, 05:52 PM #1185
RLN

RLN donated to help Peyton Trent
RLN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RLN has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RLN has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
^^^Wow that thing is a beauty. And that Nemesis looks amazing. Wish I had the dough to just dump on it. Mark have you tried the CCI Revolution yet? That's one marker I plan to try and get my hands on one day for sure.

So how's everyone been? Anyone been inspired lately or have a scripture sharing. Mine isn't from scripture but a couple of weeks ago I was in this store and I saw a shirt that said: "If it's important to you you will find a way. If it's not you will find an excuse." That phrase definitely struck me and I was too "chicken" to buy the shirt because I felt convicted by it. Many times have I found a "excuse" not to serve the Lord whether in ministry or the little things were you encounter some stranger and you know you should talk to him or her and you don't.
Christ Krew#291Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=383004
RLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:03 PM #1186
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

Cocker is sexy.

This adventure into foster care has been very... exciting? If I haven't disclosed, they are not a younger child, but rather a teenager. My oldest biological daughter is 11, so it has been an adventure. My heart continues to break for them. Parental rights were voluntarily relinquished last Thursday, and the parent that they did somewhat get along with, decided sometime during the day to not show up for the hearing. Thankfully my job is awesome enough that both my wife and I were available to go with the kiddo, even with short notice. The CPS officer, the kiddo's attorney ad litem, and almost anyone else involved, doesn't understand how the other parents came to the conclusion that our kiddo should be kicked out and placed in the hands of the state. They aren't a perfect kid by any stretch of the imagination, but nothing they did is outside the realm of normal teenage behavior. Keep praying for them, please. As rights have been relinquished, we will be pursuing adoption as soon as that avenue is available.
Christ Krew #293
Old 05-18-2014, 04:19 PM #1187
procyonwarrior

Alright so Needtobreath is by far one of my fav. bands. Several of the band members are Christian but they claim they are a rock n roll band, which I respect but they are in it to play great music and they cross several different genres. Anyway, there new CD is just awesome. Here is one of their songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGrmmQGaOCI
Old 05-21-2014, 04:43 PM #1188
procyonwarrior

I killed the thread again
Old 05-26-2014, 02:37 AM #1189
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

So my church is making some fairly major changes that are making me pretty uncomfortable.

I'll stick around for a bit to see where it goes, but I already know I have some major theological issues with some of what the pastor preached on Sunday - for the first time ever.

If this is what I think it is, there will no longer be any reasonably sane (imo) churches in my city which also have a decent number of young people. I just hope it doesn't get to a point where the GF and I have to leave. I've done the serious study about this stuff and am pretty solid in my position.

Anyways... hrmm.

Last edited by vijil : 05-26-2014 at 03:18 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:34 PM #1190
procyonwarrior

So what are the new positions?
Old 05-27-2014, 11:05 PM #1191
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Moving from relatively conservative to relatively pentecostal. Our pastor is being mentored by someone from outside our movement. This is part of the reason I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of each church having a single lead pastor with lots of power. I don't consider that a biblical concept for one thing.

My position is that I'm non-charismatic and consider myself a "de facto" cessationalist. It will be a shame if all the larger churches in this city adopt the same mainstream ideas (charismatic is by far the mainstream here), leaving me nowhere to go where I can accept the theology but that also has people my own age.

By de facto cessationalist I mean I cannot from scripture justify being a full or classical cessationalist. However, I've attended many apostolic and pentecostal services and decided that the sign gifts as they are commonly practiced by such denominations are not in fact the gifts mentioned in scripture. In some cases it's much worse than that. I don't consider myself to be "quenching the Spirit" or "despising the gifts" since I don't believe this is in fact the Spirit or the gifts that I could quench or despise them.

In short, a de facto cessationalist is someone who believes the sign gifts can still be in operation today, but just doesn't think God is using them for the most part. Instead, humans with human wisdom and standards think they are using them when actually it's mostly groupthink, placebo and confirmation bias, and occasionally demonic forces in action.

And before you ask: yes, I believe God occasionally does miracles, healings, etc. today. I just don't think it happens the way third wavers think it happens.

Last edited by vijil : 05-27-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:23 PM #1192
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
duos_scythe posts videos on PbNation
duos_scythe has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
duos_scythe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
duos_scythe is Legendary
So I was cleaning and getting our church's paintball stuff together and found 3 JT Cash Money straps and 1 jt racing old school blue one.
Crazy we are sitting on 4 straps where we could sell to put to good use.

Mark... paintball...Saturday. ..Basically free!
Christ Krew Member #46 / Matthew 10:32-33
Kryptonice 3.1 / Spire / Ninja 68 - Not F/S!
TC Paintball / CRU Paintball
duos_scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:50 AM #1193
Stupid_Admins
all you can handle

has been a member for 10 years
Stupid_Admins posts videos on PbNation
does anyone have any headbands laying around? I had one in like 2006 or so but it's long gone :[
Old 06-23-2014, 11:20 AM #1194
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

Alright, so it's been a month and a half since my last update, and quiet a bit has happened. Rules be darned, I'm giving a few more details this time. The first child we took in is a 15 year old young lady. As stated before, her parental rights have been surrendered, and we are continuing the path to adoption. She has grown up in a Christian environment, though I think her walk has been severely shaken. Next week she leaves for our church's youth camp, and I pray that her faith is not only renewed, but given even more depth and structure than has ever been there before. For those of you even somewhat considering foster care, I hope you get a kid like this, though I think they are a rarity.
The Friday before Mother's Day, we took in another young lady. She is 8, though, and her family is in the process of regaining custody. The first few weeks were pretty good, but the honeymoon is definitely over, and she is having regular problems with my oldest two biological daughters, and simply coexists with the other foster daughter. She has learned how to play the pity/"poor me" card like a champ, and it's driving everyone a little nuts. It is frustrating that as soon as she doesn't get her way, she turns to manipulation and doesn't even attempt other forms of conflict resolution. It's also frustrating that we all know she is going back to her family and any chance of us making a change is basically null.
To not end on a sour note, God is good, all the time. The older foster kid has sparked new life in me, which has been missing since my dad died. She's given me something to fight for, and still hasn't given any reason to give up.
Christ Krew #293
Old 07-01-2014, 03:46 PM #1195
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Glad to hear the older one is blooming. Praying for the younger.

Admins - No headbands as far as I know. Super Dan (bendigo360) had some a long while back not sure if he has any yet though.

Dom - Thanks for the invite but up til now I've been pretty busy. Though the day before fathers day me and the boy snuck over to area51 and played for a few hours. Gotta say my stock feed cocker might be one of my new favorite ways to play, I had insane amounts of fun playing with it.

Richard - No I haven't tried a revolution yet. Maybe some day though.

Howdy Krew hope all is going well.

Imho - Fruits of the spirit should be much more visible than gifts of the spirit.
ChristKrew #185
Old 07-07-2014, 02:22 AM #1196
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

"Fruits of the spirit should be much more visible than gifts of the spirit."

So true. When the focus on gifts leads to a lack of good fruits then I have to question whether the gifts I'm seeing are what they claim to be at all.

"You shall know them by their fruit". Pride, mockery and arrogance are fruit.

Last edited by vijil : 07-07-2014 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:59 PM #1197
RandyMac18
Carpe Diem

RandyMac18 plays in the PSP
RandyMac18 is playing at Living Legends VII
RandyMac18 is an NCPA player
RandyMac18 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by procyonwarrior View Post
Alright so Needtobreath is by far one of my fav. bands. Several of the band members are Christian but they claim they are a rock n roll band, which I respect but they are in it to play great music and they cross several different genres. Anyway, there new CD is just awesome. Here is one of their songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGrmmQGaOCI
Needtobreath is coming to play live at our school's block party next month! im pretty excited to see them perform
RandyMac18 is offline   Reply With Quote