Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-20-2014, 06:54 AM #1135
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Never heard of a .470 Nitro. Not much smaller than a 50 cal.?

Richard - Special prayer, not really unless you count "ok, Lord you can send a deer any minute now, it's getting kinda cold out here." But usually if I'm praying during or before a hunt it's because I've invited a new buddy along and would like him to have a successful hunt. Haven't done that in the past few years since my old dog passed. He was a pretty darn good bird dog and it was always fun to watch guys new to the sport hunt behind him and get to shoot their first bird over a pointer. Great way of having fellowship outside of church. But I have to say boar hunting sounds awesome and with a bow no less... I'm impressed.

Matt - "Thread kill" was something we used to accuse each other of back when the thread was more active. I think at one point the amount of time that had to pass after a posting before calling a thread kill was like 15 mins. If 15 mins passed before another post was made the last person to post was given a TK (threadkill), it was just a fun way to rib each other and keep the thread "alive". CK hasn't been that active in a while but neither has this sub-forum. So I guess I dunno if TK's actually count any more.... but it's still kinda fun to rib a guy about it once in a while.

edit:
....... and now I killed it.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32

Last edited by markcheb : 03-20-2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: tk
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2014, 10:04 AM #1136
xDarkk
Cool enough

xDarkk plays in the APPA D5 division
xDarkk has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
murderer.

What's up guys?
xDarkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:38 PM #1137
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLN View Post
Yea I heard Hawaii is big on boar hunting with dogs. However, using dogs out here for hunts is illegal.
I hunted in Alabama.
OSTT GURU
F/S: EVGA GTX770 Classified
akward silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:18 PM #1138
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkk View Post
murderer.

What's up guys?
I are that.
Just got back from watching "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" with the boys. I thought it was pretty good but probably would have waited for it to come out on DVD. But still pretty fun movie. Other than that drooling over the new markers coming out specially: This <- (mcb link)

New palmers..... I think I'd even dig having a fixed barrel, but I guess there are other options if that's not your thing. I think I've check out the thread a dozen different times now.
ChristKrew #185
Old 03-24-2014, 06:29 AM #1139
procyonwarrior

procyonwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
procyonwarrior has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You have killed it again mark.

So, I'm pretty excited that I'm almost done with seminary. I have to be honest, I feel that ever since I started seminary I have been not as effective for God as I was in the past. Not sure how to explain it and I know that there are seasons where your relationship with God is less and sometimes more. Just not sure if I'm equipped for youth ministry anymore, which I thought was my "calling".
Old 03-25-2014, 07:31 AM #1140
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

stickin2j has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stickin2j has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So... happy Tuesday everyone! (In best radio announcer voice) I love you, and Jesus does, too.

Last week I joined in on a bible study here at work. The discussion got around to media, and how it affects each of us. After mulling over the thoughts for a little bit, I... discovered/created/developed... a metaphor.

Quote:
Considering part of our earlier discussion, I discovered a metaphor. Think about food. There is every flavor and everyone has favorite types, like Tex-Mex, steakhouse, Italian, etc. And almost all of those types have several different qualities, from tv-dinners to the finest gourmet restaurants. All of them will provide basic nutritional needs, and even some of the cheaper options can be guilty pleasures, that for one reason or another, taste so much better to us than even the best of the gourmet options. Regardless, let's add that music is food for the soul. There are many different flavors, country, rock, rap, pop, and each one has different levels of quality. Each one will also fill our "bellies", and there are definitely guilty pleasures, but are we feeding what is best for our souls? Is a little junk food every now and then going to kill you? Probably not, but, is it worth the empty calories?
Discuss or comment.
Christ Krew #293
stickin2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:24 AM #1141
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Matt - I do what I'm good at.

Tim - First, I think it's very cool you are able to have a bible study where you work. Not everyone has that opportunity.

Pretty good metaphor, as long as it isn't taken to extremes. For example rocks could fill your belly but would do nothing for you and cyanide will kill you. So knowing what is "food", something that provides some nourishment/energy, is important. It's one of the first things we teach our children.

Do you think your illustration could have some biblical support?
ChristKrew #185

Last edited by markcheb : 03-25-2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:21 PM #1142
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

Phil 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

The way I read this verse, it's not that you can't think about other things, but why? Why bother with things of this world. Trust me, I really like rock of almost any kind. Despite my best efforts to think to the contrary, Bohemian Rhapsody remains one of the best compositions, IMHO. However, over the past few months, I have made a conscious decision and effort (when I can control the radio), to only listen to Christian music. There is still plenty of variety and quality without getting bored. If, for whatever reason, it's not working for me, I turn it off and find beauty in the silence.

Another one:
1 Cor 6 "19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."
Christ Krew #293
Old 03-25-2014, 02:42 PM #1143
markcheb
surrender...don't move

I think the first scripture fits nicely, the second I think you could keep the book of Hosea in mind (just for context). I do think you're right to ask, "why" indeed? I'm right there with you on the rock, Pink Floyd, Ozzy, Metallica, Linkin Park...etc. personally I think there is a lot of spiritual stuff going on there. Maybe Queen could be added as well...

..... not too sure on that though.
Probably best not to listen to them.

.... Killed it.
ChristKrew #185

Last edited by markcheb : 03-26-2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: 24 hr. tk
Old 03-27-2014, 08:53 AM #1144
procyonwarrior

procyonwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
procyonwarrior has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So here is a question for everyone. What is the difference between soul and spirit?
Old 03-27-2014, 04:31 PM #1145
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by procyonwarrior View Post
So here is a question for everyone. What is the difference between soul and spirit?
potayto potahto, imho.
Christ Krew #293
Old 03-28-2014, 03:01 PM #1146
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
duos_scythe posts videos on PbNation
duos_scythe has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
duos_scythe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
duos_scythe is Legendary
Prayers please!!!

Our church is holding a Night at the Museum lock in. Most of us will be up for more than 24 hours. Starts around 6pm EST Friday and goes until 11am EST Saturday.

Having tons of fun, Halo tournament, Mario Kart tournament, scavenger hunt at the local school with people playing parts from the movie, pizza, pop etc. And most of all getting the Gospel out. So any prayers are needed for all.
Christ Krew Member #46 / Matthew 10:32-33
Kryptonice 3.1 / Spire / Ninja 68 - Not F/S!
TC Paintball / CRU Paintball
duos_scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:31 PM #1147
stickin2j
Good clean family fun

You are a brave soul.
Christ Krew #293
Old 03-28-2014, 03:45 PM #1148
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

I used to love lock ins!

Got my birthday present from the Air Force. Short notice deployment, I leave in a few weeks.
OSTT GURU
Old 03-28-2014, 05:00 PM #1149
excope
Legacy of 806

Annual Supporting Member
excope is BST Legit
excope owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
excope is for the Gunfight
excope has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
excope supports DLX Technology
excope supports Empire
Prayers and thoughts are with you akward.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:36 PM #1150
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

Thanks. Hopefully it goes by quickly.
OSTT GURU
Old 04-01-2014, 06:50 AM #1151
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Howdy Krew

Happy atheist's day.

every year, it never gets old.

Hope you all are doing well.
ChristKrew #185
Old 04-03-2014, 11:12 AM #1152
thefknBlue
Georgia

thefknBlue plays in the PSP
thefknBlue owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
thefknBlue supports Team VICIOUS
thefknBlue is an NCPA player
I've been a believer for a little over a year now! Since then, I stepped away from tournament paintball. Just wanted to let you guys know I am inspired by this thread and seeing paintball players who follow Christ make a movement for his kingdom. Especially in a sport where most players are non-believers!! God Bless
thefknBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:46 AM #1153
GhostJedai
I push buttons

Annual Supporting Member
GhostJedai is BST Trusted
GhostJedai has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai is Legendary
GhostJedai is attending Decay of Nations VII
GhostJedai supports Empire
So, I've been pretty busy since this past weekend (and silent on the forums, not that anyone really noticed). My 4 year old niece passed away suddenly last Saturday. What made it worse, neither I nor my parents had seen her in almost 2 years, due to a false accusation and general unpleasantness on the side of my brother and his wife. It took my parents months to get over that initial shock of possibly never seeing their only grandchild (at the time) again, but now, they never will see her.

Saturday night saw us (just myself and my parents, as my wife just returned from a trip to NY) take the long drive from LA to Portland. Leaving at 9 pm, it should have taken us just over 14 hours to arrive, had it not been for a flat tire that happened right as we were driving through Medford. Making reality stranger than fiction, the GM produced manual for my dad's Saturn read like some crazy manual from the Soviet Union. First step was "If cable not visible, proceed to step 3." Okay, go to step 3, "Place jack in middle of spare tire and elevate until secondary spring releases; lower jack and remove tire" .... except the Second step read "turn lugnut 6 times to lower cable"... so, if you can't see the cable, ignore it, and skip over that step?

I digress. Fortunately, we were able to get back on the road with 4 new tires at a hefty discount thanks to Nick, the manager at Expert Tire. He actually called up a distributor friend of his to open the shop (on an early Sunday morning, no doubt), to get 4 of the right tires and personally drove to the distributor to pick them up. It was a 4 hour delay, but we made it. (Strangely enough, the tires that were on the SUV were completely wrong, and fairly well worn).

I won't go into too much detail, but we still don't know why she died. At this point, this is a blessing because my brother and his wife are overwhelmed with grief, thinking they could have done something to prevent it. Regardless of past family issues, no one should ever have that kind of guilt on their head.

Yesterday was especially difficult for a few reasons, the first of which is my SIL going into their daughter's room for the first time since this happened. Next was going to the funeral home and making the arrangements, including picking out the casket. The selection of the burial plot and time of the internment ceremony will happen today, though without me, as I flew back to LA to get in a couple days of work.

Fortunately, everything is being taken care of by my brother's Police officer's Association (his union). Not only that, his chief assigned one of his good friends in the department to a special assignment: watch the family and take care of anything they need. This also includes paying for the funeral, making all arrangements, and just being there for my brother.

Please pray for my family as we're going through this extremely difficult time, and especially for my sister in law, as she's currently about 5 months pregnant and is having a difficult time eating and drinking (understandably). If she gets dehydrated, it could cause pre-term labor and have her miscarry.

If you feel the need to send a donation, please do so here: http://greshamsfinest.org/donations/.
Also, the funeral home is arranging a website to send flowers through their florist. The flowers will be made available at the memorial, so if you feel that would be more fitting, I'll post that link as soon as it is ready.

Blessings to you all,
Peter
Christ Krew #17

GhostJedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:15 PM #1154
markcheb
surrender...don't move

thefknBlue - Thanks for the encouragement and glad to hear of your new walk of faith.

Peter - I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. I can't imagine the pain you and you family are going through and feel the only thing I can say is, we'll be praying for you. I hope God's comfort and grace can be found in this time of grief.
ChristKrew #185

Last edited by markcheb : 04-03-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:59 PM #1155
cookie123
trampagide

Hey everyone, years ago I used to post very often in this thread but haven't for quite some time. I saw a Facebook post mentioning your loss, Ghostjedai, just wanted to let you and your family know that you're in my prayers.