PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 PM #421
procyonwarrior

procyonwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
procyonwarrior has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Will be praying RLN, things like that are hard to understand. I will be praying.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:07 PM #422
FirstTarget

Hi. Things have been real busy. My mom has had to move in with us for a few weeks. Our daughter is due in March. Lot on my plate. Then today I had to put our 16 year old lab/border collie down. In general my family can use prayer. In specific i need prayer.

Last edited by FirstTarget : 02-16-2013 at 10:00 AM.
FirstTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:11 PM #423
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE

Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTarget View Post
Hi. Things have been real busy. My mom has had to move in with us for a few weeks. Our daughter is due in March. Lot on my plate. Then today I had to put our 16 year old lab/border collie down. In general my family can use prayer. In specific i need prayer.
I will pray for you bro. I had to put my Border collie down last year.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:44 PM #424
xDarkk
Cool enough

xDarkk has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Will be praying. My border collie/golden mix is 4 and balls to the wall. I dread the day I have to put her down lol. It's snowing here and I am so excited!!!
xDarkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:18 PM #425
DaytonLax14
Corey Stevens

DaytonLax14 donated to help Peyton Trent
DaytonLax14 helped look for balloons
What's up dudes?? Long time no talk
Old 02-18-2013, 01:14 PM #426
xDarkk
Cool enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonLax14 View Post
What's up dudes?? Long time no talk
hey dayton. It's been along time since anyone has really talked in here lol
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 PM #427
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

You know the conversation is dead when people start talking about the conversation :p
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:41 AM #428
xDarkk
Cool enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
You know the conversation is dead when people start talking about the conversation :p
haha it's never a good sign
Old 02-22-2013, 08:01 PM #429
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
duos_scythe posts videos on PbNation
duos_scythe has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
duos_scythe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
duos_scythe is Legendary
Check this out: http://www.studentleadership.net/youth-pastors/yps/
I'm going!
Christ Krew Member #46 / Matthew 10:32-33
Kryptonice 3.1 / Spire / Ninja 68 - Not F/S!
TC Paintball / CRU Paintball
duos_scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:03 PM #430
RLN

RLN donated to help Peyton Trent
RLN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RLN has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RLN has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I guess on one hand it being quiet in here means CK members don't need intercessory prayers so that's good I guess. Although perhaps we should start some sort of prayer group amongst our members to pray for one another on a daily basis without having to wait for members for their prayer intentions.

@Dom - looks like a great event. I miss attending conferences like these.

Here' s an article I found interesting: http://www.kansas.com/2013/02/22/268...#storylink=cpy
I'm sure you probably heard of this Army chaplain already procyonwarrior
Christ Krew#291Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=383004

Last edited by RLN : 02-23-2013 at 05:44 AM.
RLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 AM #431
R.Jordan7

Love what you guys are doing here. Would love to join this group! I found god alittle more than a year ago after a battle with alcoholism. Never looked back...

God is good!
R.Jordan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:16 AM #432
xDarkk
Cool enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLN View Post
I guess on one hand it being quiet in here means CK members don't need intercessory prayers so that's good I guess. Although perhaps we should start some sort of prayer group amongst our members to pray for one another on a daily basis without having to wait for members for their prayer intentions.
I don't think there is a day in any of our lives where we don't need prayer or don't need to pray

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Jordan7 View Post
Love what you guys are doing here. Would love to join this group! I found god alittle more than a year ago after a battle with alcoholism. Never looked back...

God is good!
Glad to hear you were able to come out of that darkness brother! I've seen what it can do with people. My grandfather had been battling with it for years and has now recovered and re-kindled his relationship with Christ. It's amazing, he is on of the wisest men I have ever met.

Please come around and hang out. The more people we have the more conversation.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:38 PM #433
RLN

@Andrew - I agree. Just pointing out how quiet it is and isn't one of the main reasons for CK is for it's members to be an intercessory group for one another? We should be having prayer requests daily on here.

Anyways here's a discussion starter. When was the last time you played paintball and did you set a good example on the field?

The last time I played was December 2012 I believe. The environment was laid back even though it's xball but I honestly don't know if I was a good example or not. With that said I've sold my shockers so all I have at the moment is a TiPX and my cousins Kaos Pump I'm borrowing. If you recall I am taking a break from paintball as it's getting a little boring for me with the limited options out here. Haven't used the TiPX at the field yet maybe when I do the challenge will make the game fun again. Right now I'm waiting for my bow to arrive and I can't wait to start learning about and shooting my bow.

Last edited by RLN : 02-24-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:56 PM #434
markcheb
surrender...don't move

The last time I played was almost a yr ago. I think I tried to set a good example but I do know at one point I did lose my cool when I was being out flanked due to a persistent wiper in front of me. Really the only thing ( in relating to my behavior) to really jump to mind at the moment.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:17 PM #435
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

It's been about a year for me - I played airball with the local teams. Catch was I was shooting my pump! I don't know if I actually shot anyone out all day but it was still fun. Afterwards I went 1v2 against a couple 12 year olds with DMs and let them win (or maybe they just beat me, but that's how I choose to remember it haha)

I've been offered a spot on a local "pro" (ie. fully paint sponsored) team that would travel around and maybe play WCA, but really can't afford it right now and don't have the gear. Also I'd need to do a lot of work to get my skills back up above d5 level - last time I tried reloading while shooting it took about five minutes and I ended up with about ten balls actually in the hopper ;p

Random story- the other day at the field I had to call an ambulance because a guy felt like he couldn't breathe inside the mask and hyperventilated. That led to him being unable to move, getting sick everywhere, and generally being in a super bad state. Ambulance people were like "yeah, happens all the time". He seemed to have panic syndrome or whatever. A friend of mine had something similar happen at Weta where he works 70-90 hour weeks... not surprising really! Funnily enough I'm actually really enjoying running games by myself. Far more interesting and challenging than helping someone else.

Last edited by vijil : 02-24-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:03 PM #436
markcheb
surrender...don't move

The two 12 yr old stories reminded me of a time my brother and I were playing. We were playing pump that day, speedball, and one of the other players sister was there watching. At some point in the day the dad and the player were trying to talk her into at least trying to shoot the marker let alone play. She seemed reluctant until I suggested that my brother and I could make it interesting. She would have a marker and we wouldn't, and then we would see who could "tag" each other first. My brother and I got to the last bunkers on her side, she stayed home, before she first shot me then shot him out as he rushed her. Shortly after she was on the field with in her first game. It was pretty fun actually.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:23 PM #437
RLN

@Vijil - WCA is fun if you have the cash. Definitely considered one of the regions best tourneys and in terms of facilities and atmosphere probably one of the best if not the best in the world. Plus Malaysia is an interesting country to visit. I hope to one day go back.

@markcheb - stuff like that is what grows the sport bro.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:24 PM #438
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

So it turns out I've seriously ticked off the boss of modelling at Weta (in charge of 160+ people) and am likely to have sabotaged any chance I had of getting a job there. All because I had a rant on a forum about milsim paintball players who wear airsoft glasses, and it turns out he is one of them. In fact, he runs it, the very club I was talking about.

Life huh. Goodbye chosen career.

All because the one boss I needed to network with for the sake of my career is the one guy in paintball I've ever made seriously angry.

I'm not sure how it can be resolved, but it just seems too ridiculous to be coincidence. Prayer please.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:33 PM #439
RLN

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
So it turns out I've seriously ticked off the boss of modelling at Weta (in charge of 160+ people) and am likely to have sabotaged any chance I had of getting a job there. All because I had a rant on a forum about milsim paintball players who wear airsoft glasses, and it turns out he is one of them. In fact, he runs it, the very club I was talking about.

Life huh. Goodbye chosen career.

All because the one boss I needed to network with for the sake of my career is the one guy in paintball I've ever made seriously angry.

I'm not sure how it can be resolved, but it just seems too ridiculous to be coincidence. Prayer please.
Prayed.

If they can't hire you based on your skills, talents, and personality then it's their loss bro.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 PM #440
xDarkk
Cool enough

I last played 2 weeks ago and am playing both saturday and sunday this weekend

Vijil that is quite the coincidence. Maybe God has other plans for you besides working for that company. I will be praying for you
Old 02-28-2013, 11:01 PM #441
automagsrule
LOIC

Ive been meaning to pose this question for a while. I originally considered making this its own thread but decided not to because
1. I don't know if there is enough substance in this discussion to carry a thread
2. The answer can be greatly influenced by one's faith

So I figured Id just pose the question within the thread. Anyways enough blathering:

What is everyone's opinion in this thread regarding animal rights, animal liberation and veganism?

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote