PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-11-2012, 10:50 AM #1
Councilc
paintball noob -- X7

TiPX UAG top & bottom rail mod

So i bought a TiPX from Arrigosaur several days ago here on PbN and picked up a "UAG Tactical Universal Picatinny Top & Bottom Rail for Sights" on amazon. The rail was too small and I couldn't see my self dropping $50 for a lapco block, so I went to work. It's not finished, but good enough for me to play this weekend. Around Thanksgiving I will take a dremel to it and paint it to improve the aesthetics.

UAG Tactical Universal Picatinny Top & Bottom Rail = $15
2" mending plates x2 = .80 cents
small screws & nuts = $2

TOTAL: $17.80

time: 1hour

tools:
jigsaw w/ medium metal blade
masking tape
drill
thin sharpie
cresent and screwdrive (for nuts and screws)

1} tape up the rail and mark your cut line and cut.(!!! I mounted a tach grip on the top rail so I could hold the peice steady with my left hand while I cut & drilled !!!)
2} once cut install the bottom rail
3} line up top rail to determine mounting distance and alignment of mending plates
4} once placement is determined, hold 1 mending plate to the top rail make a drill mark by tracing the hole with you sharpie, repeat with the 2nd plate, then line them both up with the marks to make sure mistakes were not made
5} to drill out your holes place rail over a small block of wood and drill
6} mount mending plates with screw heads on the gun side to avoid clearance issues
7} line up the the modified top half with bottom rail half to determine drill points, then mark holes
8} slide a flap from a cardboard box between the lower arm half and your gun to avoid drilling into your gun, and drill out your final 2 holes. Go slow!! (I placed my gun inside a box so I wouldn't have to worry about scratching it up or having it slide around while drilling)
9} remove bottom rail, mounting plates from top half, and masking tape, then reassemble the mounting rails, and mount on gun.

X7 - Avacado satin, 14" 2 piece JJ barrel, RAP4 bolt, newly installed reflex kit and double trigger, squishy paddles, reflex site and barrel mounted laser.
Councilc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 AM #2
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
Pretty cool.

I dont like the Lapco blocks. They look out of place and I hate how they mill their logo into everything.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:37 AM #3
Councilc
paintball noob -- X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbr Chickin View Post
Pretty cool.

I dont like the Lapco blocks. They look out of place and I hate how they mill their logo into everything.
Thanks. Once I trim the angles and paint it it will look nicer.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:38 PM #4
Councilc
paintball noob -- X7

Stage 2

I pulled out the dremel and evened out the top and bottom of the mending plates and shaved of the ends of the screws and nuts, primered and painted mat black.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:24 PM #5
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
Looks beautiful.