Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-22-2014, 09:31 AM #1
ReynardHonda

Fatty Stabilizer Gauge

I would like to relocate the gauge from my regulator to the vertical ASA port. Seems to be in there like dynamite though (teflon tape for sure and probably loctite aswell I'm guessing). A strap wrench isn't budging it. If anyone has a trick to get these things out I would really appreciate the insight? Also would moving it hinder the accuracy of the gauge or the performance of the regulator in anyway? It's brand new if that matters.

Thanks
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
~Theodore Roosvelt
ReynardHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2014, 05:05 PM #2
ReynardHonda

Just thought I would share in case anyone else could benefit. After an online support chat with Craig Palmer the gauge is Teflon tape only, no Loctite. A 15/16" socket on the gauge does the trick without a problem and zero damage to the gauge finish.
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
~Theodore Roosvelt

Last edited by ReynardHonda : 02-23-2014 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:26 PM #3
ColonelYun
Colonel Yun

I haven't had a problem with the gauge being on the side. Did you want to take it off and was having a hard time? I would just take a wrench and go at it. Also, is your gauge working? The last two gauges I witnessed on two different brand new Fatty's were DOA.
Also on Facebook:www.facebook.com/theyetibrigade
ColonelYun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:19 PM #4
ReynardHonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelYunit80384270
I haven't had a problem with the gauge being on the side. Did you want to take it off and was having a hard time? I would just take a wrench and go at it. Also, is your gauge working? The last two gauges I witnessed on two different brand new Fatty's were DOA.
I have relocated it to the vertical adapter just a cleaner look I think. I am a few parts away with my build from being able to air it up so I'm not sure if the gauge works. I will be sure to report back once I know however.
~Theodore Roosvelt
Old 02-24-2014, 05:28 PM #5
ColonelYun
Colonel Yun

cool thanks, good luck.
Also on Facebook:www.facebook.com/theyetibrigade
ColonelYun is offline   Reply With Quote