Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-28-2012, 06:45 AM #1
ethan levy

loose ASA

I've got a PM8, and where I have got a short myth reg on by bottle I need to have me ASA at the very back so that my bottle doesn't rub on the back of my grip frame. My problem is that, because the screw that holds the ASA in place is in the center of the grip frame, it only pushes down on the front of the ASA which means it still wobbles no matter how tight i screw it on. I currently have my old vanguard creed ASA on it, but I've got a dye UL ASA on its way.

I noticed that there looks like there are two other screw holes that can be used to hold the ASA, but the back one would be the only one that is helpful obviously. But I don't know how I could use this screw hole as it doesn't come out on the inside of the grip frame.

Sorry if this isn't very clear, but any suggestions will be helpful.
Cheers
ethan levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2012, 09:15 AM #2
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
Get a drill bit thats slightly smaller than the threads in the hole you want to use and carefully drill it through so you can stick an allen key through and tighten down the new screw. If I recall its an 8-32 thread set screw and you can get them at any hardware store. When you drill it be carefulnot to muff up the threads.

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:41 AM #3
ethan levy

I don't think I would trust myself drilling holes in my gun... Is there any other things I could do?
Old 10-28-2012, 09:51 AM #4
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
If it sits that far back that you need to use that screw hole lock it down then you need access from inside the frame to get to it. Otherwise you'd have to run a rail or drop or somthing to mount your asa. But when your new air port gets in it might solve your problem to since the dove tail on that asa is longer than the vangaurd one.

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:06 AM #5
ethan levy

yeah I think I will just wait and see if this new ASA does the trick before I go ahead and do anything permanent.
Cheers for the suggestions though.