PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-10-2012, 06:17 PM #1
FritoBandito
I like to party

Internal Hoses

Doing regular maintenance on my ion, put it all back together, put my tank on, air goes through then loud pop like the gun was firing. Gauge gets blown out, does not work. Noticed the hose connected to the solenoid assembly blew off, replace the hose. Noticed the teflon from the Qev completely blocked the hole that the QEV goes into, cleared it out completely, assembled it once again. Now the front banjo hose (one on top near the regulator) blown from its barb, any thoughts on what to do? Is it the gauge or something now? Thought it was just for reading the pressure, but yes thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

"Roads? where were going, we don't need roads" -Back To The Future
FritoBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2012, 06:20 PM #2
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Old 10-10-2012, 06:41 PM #3
Idiosyncrisia
Shhh... Just embrace it.

Sounds like your input pressure is waaaay too high. If you need replacement hoses, check out macrolineguy.com. Just hope you didn't blow your solenoid.
Idiosyncrisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 PM #4
FritoBandito
I like to party

Input pressure before the blown gauge was 140 psi

Old 10-10-2012, 08:09 PM #5
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
It sounds as though you had one of Smart Parts' Super Fantasmic Wonderous gauges. Your gauge was most likely incorrect prior to your incident.

The hoses blowing off show that your pressure was most likely inexcess of 200+ psi, well over the operating pressure.

Buy a new gauge (non smart-parts), new hoses (because those ones will be all stretched out), check out your reg to make sure everything in it is in working order, and then turn your reg way down.

Reassemble with the reliable regulator (you could even turn an old ASA into a pressure tester for your reg) and adjust your pressure to below 180psi. Also, if you have an on/off asa, make sure you ASA is off prior to attaching the tank. Once you've attached your tank, make sure to slowly allow the pressure to enter your regulator.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:32 PM #6
FritoBandito
I like to party

Thanks, I will do that, yeah I was just at the field last weekend and I set the dwell and what not...so I know for a fact I set it to 140 psi, 295 fps, 2+/-, ill just buy a new hose kit and what not, thanks for the help

Old 10-15-2012, 01:36 AM #7
GASSPRINT1

did you put tape on the hose to the banjo, if so, it's possible a bit when thru the line an clogged the qev. did u rebuild an lube the reg. if so, did u assemble it correctly..ie...spring
GASSPRINT1 is offline   Reply With Quote