Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 08:45 PM #1
FistPump
Fist Pump

Annual Supporting Member
FistPump owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FistPump owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Lightbulb ***Official Computer Diagnosis/Repair Thread***

Hello every one @ Pbnation. i don't know if a thread like this is around but i wanted to start one. I fix computers and sell them for a living. I do not repeat do not do any thing illegal. I am here to help people with computer questions or issues you are having with your Laptop/Desktop. I will give great advice or answers to your questions. If your machine is running slow on start-up or just in general i can help with this. If you have viruses i can point you into the right direction on how to remove such things off your machine. Pretty much i just want to help the community with any problems with your computers.

@@@@ This Thread Is Open To Anyone Who Has Useful Programs Or Advice For Computers@@@Feel free to add a link or some advice.Thanks.-FistPump-

Here is my tower that i built. I just recently sold this to TradeMyGun.

If this thread is out of line please let me know. i don't think i violated any rules.

I offer Free Diagnosis "Residential" @ my own business. I have no problem doing it here also.

So if you have any questions you can pm me or just drop a quick message in the thread. i will get back to you asap.thanks and have a great day. i do have a facebook it is 518Computers. you can see some of the builds i have done for myself and friends.

Here are some great tools to keep your computer clean and running smooth." These are all freeware programs. You do not have to buy them unless you want them to update and scan automatically. Other then that they are free easy to use and consist of you manually updating them and scanning them.

"MSE" Microsoft Security Essentials: Free Anti-virus from microsoft. It is 100 percent free. works great,free updates,Automatic Scans. Very light weight on the machine. this is pre installed on windows 8 and windows 8.1 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tials-download. i understand every one has their own opinions about anti viruses. i use this on my personal machine and on my customers machines. it works great for a light weight and free program.

CCleaner: helps with windows registry errors/uninstalling troubled programs/cleans out junk from your computer. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner.

Defraggler: advanced defragging tool for the hard drive.way better than the windows one.
http://www.piriform.com/defraggler

Recuva: used for recovering deleted files and such. works on sd cards/hard drives/ect.
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Speccy: Shows computers Specs.Very detailed.
http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Hiren's Boot CD: Hiren's BootCD[1] (also known as HBCD) is a bootable software CD containing a number of diagnostic programs such as partitioning agents, system performance benchmarks, disk cloning and imaging tools, data recovery tools, MBR tools, BIOS tools, and many others for fixing various computer problems. HBCD can be considered a valuable tool[2] for use in troubleshooting and recovery of computers.
As it is bootable, the operating system of the computer need not be available for the tools to be usable. All that is required is that the computer is able to run Microsoft Windows and Linux (but it does not have to have either of these installed at the time of use). Most of the tools are also available when the operating system is already started.http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Ultimate Boot CD "UBCD" Assembles over 100 PC hardware diagnosis tools into one bootable CD to analyze and repair hard drives and boot problems.
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

CPU-Z: is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html. very useful.

Real Temp: is a temperature monitoring program designed for all Intel processors. It runs on 32 bit and 64 bit Windows without installation. http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

Core Temp: is a compact, no fuss, small footprint, yet powerful program to monitor processor temperature and other vital information.http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Intel Burn In:"Stress Testing"A program that simplifies the usage of Intel(R) Linpack. Linpack by Intel(R) is an extremely stressful program that will put even the most pow--erful X86/X64 CPU in the world at its knees.http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...lburntest.html.

SUPERAntiSpyware: Free Edition is 100% Free and will detect and remove thousands of Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, KeyLoggers, Dialers, Hi-Jackers, and Worms. SUPERAntiSpyware features many unique and powerful technologies and removes spyware threats that other applications fail to remove. http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Malwarebytes:"removes Malware and such" The #1 Malware Removal Tool. Download Malwarebytes For Free! Download Free Version.
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...-10804572.html

3D Mark: Used for benchmarking Gaming Pc's. http://www.futuremark.com/support/downloads

Ninite: One of my Favorites. Saves a lot of time and Downloading.Great for Fresh windows installs or just to use it to update many programs you have or don't have. Install and Update All Your Programs at Once. http://ninite.com/

How to make a Bootable USB Drive. http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...usbdvd_dwnTool

Windows 8 Users: Windows 8.1 upgrade for free.Check it here.Explore Windows 8.1—the familiar desktop, Start and tiles, new ways to personalize, one search that does it all, and more top features...http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ntent=j1LQWH3a

Last edited by FistPump : 01-20-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2014, 09:24 PM #2
komodo_117
Plague Upon Your Hissing

I'm having problems installing Soldier Front 2. I was told to update my Windows Media Center but that doesn't seem to help.

How do?

They rip their skin off and rape anything in sight. Basically a Shel Silverstein poem."

XBL - xStonedCrow
Old 01-19-2014, 10:02 PM #3
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Oedipus supports DLX Technology
Definitely check your walls for compatibility
Old 01-19-2014, 10:06 PM #4
FistPump
Fist Pump

Annual Supporting Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
I'm having problems installing Soldier Front 2. I was told to update my Windows Media Center but that doesn't seem to help.

How do?
well i never heard of having to update WMC to install a game.. first and for most what operating system are you running? what kind of graphics card do you have? have you updated your drivers on your graphics card.? when is the last time you have updated your windows.? get back to me with some specs of your computer if you can.

"OS" operating system:
CPU-Processor:
Ram:
Hard drive:
GPU-Graphics card:
Old 01-19-2014, 11:14 PM #5
Oedipus
god save captain slow

So we have a 500 seat enterprise with a 4 node Hyper-V cluster running Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter. Within the cluster we are running a combination RHEL 6.6 x64 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter with the RHEL machines handling non-GC duties in our AD. This, of course, complicates things massively because we have to run a combination of native AD and Samba, but within our client realm we have been able to maintain relative peace because our 3750x's are running DNS proxies that point at our PDC.

We are running a /16 network facilitated by quintuple stacked Force10 S60s that are tied to our main datacenter by 10gb SMF. Downstream from these core switches are our CAS devices, which are PC7048s. These are also uplinked by 10gb fiber, but the workstations are all connected by 1gb CAT6. Let's not complicate things, naw mean? Anyway, most of our client system run XP x64 and are all a member of one of our twelve different domains that are located in three different forests depending on their geographic location and their roles within the company. On approximately 15 of the systems, we have lost connection to their respective domains and will not rejoin once we disjoin them. We can (sometimes) ping the DC they're supposed to be pointed at by hostname and by IP, but we cannot browse to the hostname or IP. Trying to join the domain results in a "path could not be found" error, which is obviously ****ING BULL**** BECAUSE OUR ROUTING TABLES CLEARLY DEFINE THE ROUTE TO THE NETWORK THAT OUR CLUSTER RESIDES ON.

Oh did I mention we're running native ipv6 on our LAN? Yeah, we are. Any ideas?
Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 PM #6
FistPump
Fist Pump

Annual Supporting Member
this thread is for residential.

Last edited by FistPump : 01-20-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:38 PM #7
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Yes, I'm "trolling" your "official" thread with a legitimate problem that you can't solve. Got it. Do you have any repeat customers, by chance? Or do you just tell them to screw off if they ask you to do something that requires more than basic "IT guy" skills?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:04 AM #8
FistPump
Fist Pump

Annual Supporting Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post
Yes, I'm "trolling" your "official" thread with a legitimate problem that you can't solve. Got it. Do you have any repeat customers, by chance? Or do you just tell them to screw off if they ask you to do something that requires more than basic "IT guy" skills?
this thread is for basic IT.

Last edited by FistPump : 01-20-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 AM #9
Oedipus
god save captain slow

I'm not fat

Old 01-20-2014, 12:12 AM #10
Promagistrate
such motto

Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistPump View Post
i make just about 6 figures a year.
either you make 6 figures or you don't, lip flapping burger flipper.
wat
wat
Old 01-20-2014, 12:13 AM #11
Oedipus
god save captain slow

He doesn't. Don't worry about it.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:16 AM #12
FistPump
Fist Pump

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
He doesn't. Don't worry about it.
How far are you from fresno? maybe ill stop by some time and we can talk about this?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:21 AM #13
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Talk about what? How you make unofficial official threads on PBN and act like you're important enough to have your own thread, or do you want to talk about how your business is based in the bottom rung of IT work?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:26 AM #14
FistPump
Fist Pump

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Talk about what? How you make unofficial official threads on PBN and act like you're important enough to have your own thread, or do you want to talk about how your business is based in the bottom rung of IT work?
are all people from Cali Like you?

Last edited by FistPump : 01-20-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:32 AM #15
Oedipus
god save captain slow

Most people here aren't quite as rad as I am, I will admit. It's unfortunate, but I've grown to live with it.

As for this thread, it's just not necessary because a.) this forum is fairly quiet, which is kinda why I'm messing with you, and b.) this sort of thing is handled in the building and upgrades thread. I know that's counter-intuitive, but that's how it is.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:35 AM #16
FistPump
Fist Pump

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Most people here aren't quite as rad as I am, I will admit. It's unfortunate, but I've grown to live with it.

As for this thread, it's just not necessary because a.) this forum is fairly quiet, which is kinda why I'm messing with you, and b.) this sort of thing is handled in the building and upgrades thread. I know that's counter-intuitive, but that's how it is.
then why dint you just say that. i wanted this thread to be like that one but with just repairs. i do not know every thing. why i wanted input from every one. but if you say this is all covered in that thread i will have this one deleted then.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:38 AM #17
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
I think it's against the rules to make a threas with "Official" in the title, so, I reported you.
My Instagram
Old 01-20-2014, 12:39 AM #18
FistPump
Fist Pump

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBaller1991 View Post
I think it's against the rules to make a threas with "Official" in the title, so, I reported you.
thanks brah! i am reporting the other official thread too. it is against the rules. thanks for letting me know about this.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:49 AM #19
Promagistrate
such motto

Promagistrate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Promagistrate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Promagistrate supports DLX Technology
babby's first ragequit
wat
wat
Old 01-20-2014, 12:51 AM #20
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistPump View Post
thanks brah! i am reporting the other official thread too. it is against the rules. thanks for letting me know about this.
cool man : tup:
My Instagram
Old 01-20-2014, 08:44 AM #21
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
So we have a 500 seat enterprise with a 4 node Hyper-V cluster running Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter. Within the cluster we are running a combination RHEL 6.6 x64 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter with the RHEL machines handling non-GC duties in our AD. This, of course, complicates things massively because we have to run a combination of native AD and Samba, but within our client realm we have been able to maintain relative peace because our 3750x's are running DNS proxies that point at our PDC.

We are running a /16 network facilitated by quintuple stacked Force10 S60s that are tied to our main datacenter by 10gb SMF. Downstream from these core switches are our CAS devices, which are PC7048s. These are also uplinked by 10gb fiber, but the workstations are all connected by 1gb CAT6. Let's not complicate things, naw mean? Anyway, most of our client system run XP x64 and are all a member of one of our twelve different domains that are located in three different forests depending on their geographic location and their roles within the company. On approximately 15 of the systems, we have lost connection to their respective domains and will not rejoin once we disjoin them. We can (sometimes) ping the DC they're supposed to be pointed at by hostname and by IP, but we cannot browse to the hostname or IP. Trying to join the domain results in a "path could not be found" error, which is obviously ****ING BULL**** BECAUSE OUR ROUTING TABLES CLEARLY DEFINE THE ROUTE TO THE NETWORK THAT OUR CLUSTER RESIDES ON.

Oh did I mention we're running native ipv6 on our LAN? Yeah, we are. Any ideas?
But did you Ctrl, Alt, Delete?
Closed Thread