Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for a case of Paint?
35 32 19.16%
40 60 35.93%
50 64 38.32%
60 61 36.53%
70 21 12.57%
80 5 2.99%
90 1 0.60%
100 3 1.80%
150 6 3.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2012, 02:43 PM #85
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool45 View Post
"I'll just say that if you can't do the math and see that TNT is profiting like crazy off of every case sold." What is this math of which you speak?
If its the "numbers" off of this poll you may as well ask a bum off the street. Cuz their ain't no scientific validity in this hear pole!
The poll is how much are you willing to pay for a box of paint not how much do you think is fair to charge for a box of paint.
If its because Horizon charges $160/case for paint and you can get paint at Walmart for $35/case. Go buy the Walmart paint and go play Outlaw or a field that is BYOP. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you pay his prices. Don't like it vote with your wallet and go play elsewhere.
My take and a few other here is that Horizon is adding value beyond the cost of the paint that makes it worth $160/case to us.
Profit & "crazy profit" aren't inherently bad things more so if you have a choice not to participate as is the case here(no pun intended).

What is pissing me off here is that people are implying that a business man is bad/evil because he's making a profit in a manner that people are willing to pay for. Markup on liquor/beer in a bar make Horizon look like a F*&^%$# amateur. When was the last time you bought a gallon of gas?

"better place dosnt mean the paint should cost more." Doesn't necessarily have to but it could. Could be pay to play bathrooms? or Parking fees?
160 a case it better come with a HJ bro. Glad to hear ure field still runs with those kinds of prices.

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2012, 02:58 PM #86
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC90 View Post
lol i never said they DONT cost more, i said they shouldnt.
Yes, but if places like Skirmish or CPX were selling paint for $50/case, they would have people playing on their rec fields unloading a case or two each. Guess what happens then? They end up with less customers because a lot of "regular" people aren't going to go back for a second visit and the "regular" people (not regular paintball players) are what make up a big percentage of their clientele. So my argument is that they should charge more for paint, to attract a wider and larger customer base.

As it is, even at $100/case, because a place like Skirmish is what I call a "Destination Field", there are players shooting a case each. All I can say is I hope they keep those players away from the regular people (I have a feeling they do for the most part).
Horizon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:01 PM #87
JoshC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by universal_dave View Post
If I'm talking past your ability to understand, I apologize..but as I said, the poll isn't germane to the baseless assertions. It doesn't actually *show* anything.

Saying "how much will you pay for paint" and having no other factors in it is a foolish exercise. People will pay more for paint at some places and some situations. If you ask me *generically* how much I'll pay you get the answer for a generic field. There are better places or events where I will absolutely pay more, and I am not alone.

People with better than a high school understanding of economics grasp that pretty readily. Sorry you don't.
Once again, you have failed sway me in anyway. All the "bigger/nicer.better ref" fields ive been to have great prices for paint. So you can sit around and piss all you want man. This is for people to post the opinions, im not paying out the *** for paint period. Sorry you do

You can keep going to personal attacks all you want, ure bad at arguing.

Support American Made
Old 10-20-2012, 03:04 PM #88
JoshC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Yes, but if places like Skirmish or CPX were selling paint for $50/case, they would have people playing on their rec fields unloading a case or two each. Guess what happens then? They end up with less customers because a lot of "regular" people aren't going to go back for a second visit and the "regular" people (not regular paintball players) are what make up a big percentage of their clientele. So my argument is that they should charge more for paint, to attract a wider and larger customer base.

As it is, even at $100/case, because a place like Skirmish is what I call a "Destination Field", there are players shooting a case each. All I can say is I hope they keep those players away from the regular people (I have a feeling they do for the most part).

Bahahahah thats the worse argument ive ever heard, if your refs cant call over shooting and ure hardcore players bonus ball rec ballers thats not because paint is cheaper. It cuz ure refs suck and ure players are dicks. I dont spray paint when i play rec ball, i one ball just like anyone else with a mid to high end electro playing with rec crowd.

Support American Made

Last edited by JoshC90 : 10-20-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:15 PM #89
Horizon

Quote:
Bahahahah thats the worse argument ive ever heard, if your refs cant call over shooting and ure hardcore players bonus ball rec ballers thats not because paint is cheaper. It cuz ure refs suck and ure players are dicks. I dont spray paint when i play rec ball, i one ball just like anyone else with a mid to high end electro playing with rec crowd.
I didn't mention over shooting (although that is much more likely to happen), nor did I mention hardcore players.

I don't know how many recreational paintball fields you have been to, but I have yet to see a field where all players are watched all the time. Even the best run fields I have been to have people unloading too much paint at times (at least too much in the minds of some/many people). Many times it's even first time players. The point is, when paintballs are cheaper, many people buy more (and obviously shoot more), whether they be hardcore players, renters, or anyone in between. History in our sport has demonstrated that very clearly. There is no denying that.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:24 PM #90
JoshC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I didn't mention over shooting (although that is much more likely to happen), nor did I mention hardcore players.

I don't know how many recreational paintball fields you have been to, but I have yet to see a field where all players are watched all the time. Even the best run fields I have been to have people unloading too much paint at times (at least too much in the minds of some/many people). Many times it's even first time players. The point is, when paintballs are cheaper, many people buy more (and obviously shoot more), whether they be hardcore players, renters, or anyone in between. History in our sport has demonstrated that very clearly. There is no denying that.
lol if you cant handle how fast a tippman 98 can shoot then you shouldnt be playing paintball. but w/e floats ure boat buddy, i see holes are in ure arguments. Its just my opinion though

Support American Made
Old 10-20-2012, 05:46 PM #91
Horizon

Quote:
lol if you cant handle how fast a tippman 98 can shoot then you shouldnt be playing paintball.
And with that imbecile statement, I understand where you are coming from. Have a good day.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:16 PM #92
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
35 'cause I got a lvl 10 mag. Don't need high grade paint
Old 10-20-2012, 06:37 PM #93
Freedy500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
The sad truth is this: http://www.tntpaintball.com/prices.php

Pricelist
(Subject to change without notice)

Paintballs *

100 / $10.00
500 / $45.00
1,000 / $85.00
2,000 / $160.00

* TNT Paintball is a Field Paint Only (FPO) facility. Please do not bring any outside paintballs; their use is not permitted. Violators will be asked to leave immediately with no refund!

Its the argument I've been making this whole time. If I had to pay $180-200 per case I'd never play again.
Wait.......wait a second...OH MY GOD. This is the script for a freaking horror movie. If that was the price for paint then I would love to see china beat us In manufacturing for paint. How did you find this? I hope you don't live near that field. This is the type of crap that makes people turn away and even quit this sport. If they never lower their prices then I would not be troubled if they went out of business.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:43 PM #94
Freedy500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
I've also decided, I would pay $150 a case. If I was paying for the experience. Great refs, great field, great paint (im talking that **** better be like the golden gun in goldeneye if they're charging $150 for it)
Must feel good to be part of the one percent. if you ever play near me share the caviar.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:23 PM #95
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
Must feel good to be part of the one percent. if you ever play near me share the caviar.
While I do make a good income, I wouldn't say I am part of the 1%. No caviar, but I would def buy ya a beer after a day of play.

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:09 PM #96
Freedy500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
While I do make a good income, I wouldn't say I am part of the 1%. No caviar, but I would def buy ya a beer after a day of play.
glad to know I got some contacts in high places thats always a nice refreshment after play.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:30 PM #97
davito

Paint should cost more at a better facility. This is a ridiculous argument
How much does a steak cost at Western Sizzler? How much would it cost at a fine dining steak establishment? A lot more. Why? Overhead of running. Better facility, higher paid employees, etc etc.

No need arguing
davito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:40 PM #98
Tempted (Banned)

That is a retarded statement.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:42 PM #99
davito

I own a successful business. Do you?
Old 10-21-2012, 06:44 PM #100
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

"Better" is a very subjective term. So is "successful".
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:44 PM #101
davito

Lets say you have a location lets say its a gym where you have to pay $1000/month in rent and you have a second separate business location where the rent is 3000/month (this is cheap but just an example) it is bigger , has better facilities etc. they can and should charge more

A business has to make a profit or it fails. What part of this is wrong?
Old 10-21-2012, 06:45 PM #102
davito

Ok a more expensive location.
Profitable

Those aren't subjective
Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 PM #103
davito

My business is growing, profitable, popular in the community, gets tons of referrals from my clients. Or is that still too subjective :-).

I feel most people arguing on here don't understand the intricacies of owning and operating an exceptional business.

I've never been to the expensive field in question but I understand business
Old 10-21-2012, 06:49 PM #104
davito

Why aren't there more awesome paintball facilities?? Some new owners try to price there product/experience too low and they can't make it and stay small time.
Small time is fine, but.....
Old 10-21-2012, 06:50 PM #105
Freedy500

Ok well last time I checked steak had nothing to do with gelatin filled capsules... Just sayin... And that also applies to a gym and paying rent.