Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for a case of Paint?
35 32 19.16%
40 60 35.93%
50 64 38.32%
60 61 36.53%
70 21 12.57%
80 5 2.99%
90 1 0.60%
100 3 1.80%
150 6 3.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 PM #22
Tempted (Banned)

Fortunately I don't pay for field or air, just a little for paint(I repair their broken equipment and just take paint). I swapped a pristine Outkast pump for 5 bags last month. I got it cheap, kept the barrel kit and gave him the gun.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2012, 08:39 PM #23
Nahib_Stilgar

My fields standard cost for a case of paint is $120. So are all the other fields in town (about 7-8 of them).

There are other fields near buy that charge the same.

I don't mind paying $150 for good paint considering that same case of paint will last me a minimum of two months play...playing every weekend...

$150/8= $18.75 per day of play...Not that bad. Do I feel ripped off? over >$20 a day? Not in the least.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:09 PM #24
Tempted (Banned)

It isn't $20 more than the appropriate price, its $120 over the appropriate price.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:50 AM #25
byarosh201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted
It isn't $20 more than the appropriate price, its $120 over the appropriate price.
I think it's funny how that one thread is being brought everywhere.

But dude 150 ain't even that bad.........
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:42 AM #26
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
I've also decided, I would pay $150 a case. If I was paying for the experience. Great refs, great field, great paint (im talking that **** better be like the golden gun in goldeneye if they're charging $150 for it)

1/1 Factory Acid wash green splashed luxe... Cheap.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4281337
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 PM #27
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
I pay a max of 50$ for the whole day. I get 20$ entry and 30$ a case for paint... unless I'm playing pump, I refuse to play at places that have field paint only.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
incognito-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:44 PM #28
Tempted (Banned)

Field paint only is fine, and I'm an advocate for it because everyone is shooting good, fresh paint. Otherwise you get a guy that might bring in a Marb box with Monster Balls in it or a 3 year old case of JT Surge. If a field is charging the correct amount, I'd rather buy it there and know its fresh.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:12 AM #29
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
for field paint only, 80.

That does not mean I am happy about it, but that's as high as I can go for dxs selver that my local field sells.

The only other choice I have is to drive 1.5 hours and pay 90 at another field, or drive 1.75 hours and bring my own paint

And I agree with temped 100%. I have bought paint that I would never shoot at anyone, Wish I had video of it shooting out the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket. (mind you, was 2 pods) but the ship bounced off of brick walls. (JT Premium). While I would not have shot it, other people would have.

Last edited by mymutter : 10-18-2012 at 11:15 AM.
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:55 AM #30
crich775
Infinite Focus Media

crich775 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
crich775 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
crich775 supports DLX Technology
If we are talking weekly, I'll pay 60 at most, if im going to a scenario or taking the time to go to a big field such as skirmish, I'll pay 100. Any more than that and I play pump/SC and just buy a bag or two.
crich775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:52 PM #31
DeceptionLeader
The True Rec Ball HERO!!

DeceptionLeader plays in the PSP
DeceptionLeader supports Team VICIOUS
DeceptionLeader supports DLX Technology
60 is probably the highest i will go unless its a tounry....but there was a field i went to in houston where they had a flat rate for 100 buxs a case and it was rip and terrible grade paint....

Constructicon Luxe Dust Slime Green/Dust Purple!!!!
NXT Tremor shocker!!!

If your big and a baller join the Fat Ballerz Club!
DeceptionLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:38 PM #32
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
180$ max here in canada, depending on the field.
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:43 PM #33
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbuscrew View Post
180$ max here in canada, depending on the field.
You would seriously pay $180 for a box of paint? Badlands sells tourney grade Inka Gold for $80 a case. You're only getting ripped off because you let these shiesty field owners trick you into thinking their inflated prices are your only option.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:46 PM #34
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
You would seriously pay $180 for a box of paint? Badlands sells tourney grade Inka Gold for $80 a case. You're only getting ripped off because you let these shiesty field owners trick you into thinking their inflated prices are your only option.
annnnnnnnnnd at some fields like in vancouver indoor one it would last me about a month+ that case. So go away please.

but hey, an indoor field ran throughout the year, and is a nice scenario field inside is worth it sometimes.

sure, they're making a huge profit on paint, but some insurance companies wont allow fields to have paint that they dont supply, and then theres wages to pay, heating, rent, insurance, power. So tell me, how much do they really make out of the 180 a case.

btw, i work for a field, the over head is insane, and depending on insurance what dictates paint rules for fields.

Last edited by Shortbuscrew : 10-18-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:01 PM #35
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
I would pay how ever much it costs... I dont really have a choice because every field around here is fpo.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:18 PM #36
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
how does a case of paint last you 8 days? im curious. Im assuming you play pump or use mag fed markers but still...
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:23 PM #37
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny96211 View Post
how does a case of paint last you 8 days? im curious. Im assuming you play pump or use mag fed markers but still...
im sure its a hard concept for you to accept, but some people dont have to play pump or pistol to last you a while on a bag, its called take half a pod to a pod, and put it into your hopper, dont take any more than that, and go play. And im not talking speedball either. but hey, i guess most paintballers need to shoot a full hopper to get 1 person now days rather than learning trigger control and patience.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:32 PM #38
Nahib_Stilgar

Yup, 8 days of play per case is about my standard. Some days I use a bag, some days I use less than 100rnds.

Pump and semi.

Its all about trigger control. Just because the gun CAN shoot 15bps doesn't mean you MUST shoot that fast.

Personally I use a stick feed on everything. Small profile, light, cheap, easy to load and will keep up all but the fastest markers.

I use that light/tight profile to move a lot more and be more agressive in my play. Gain position and then take my shots.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:57 PM #39
liquidfiretibby

Annual Supporting Member
liquidfiretibby is BST Legit
liquidfiretibby plays in the PSP
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
$60 or $65 as long as its good paint. if im going to PSP or NPPL ill pay $70-$75 for high grade tourny paint

shortbus and nahib - i dont understand how you can justify being butt raped on paint prices just because it lasts you a long time. i'm sure you get pretty much the same paint from the same companies that we do. $120, $150, and $180 are 3x the price of what you should be paying ($40 for FPO, $50 for rec grade, $60 for tourny). you could play all year for the same price you pay for 1 case now....

United
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:09 PM #40
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
$60 or $65 as long as its good paint. if im going to PSP or NPPL ill pay $70-$75 for high grade tourny paint

shortbus and nahib - i dont understand how you can justify being butt raped on paint prices just because it lasts you a long time. i'm sure you get pretty much the same paint from the same companies that we do. $120, $150, and $180 are 3x the price of what you should be paying ($40 for FPO, $50 for rec grade, $60 for tourny). you could play all year for the same price you pay for 1 case now....
come to canada some time, you'll see why. every field is 150-200$ a case, sometimes higher. FPO and if caught bringing your paint, your banned not from 1 field, but all. we pay 1.5-2x on gear/guns than you do, we pay 4-5x more per case of paint than you do anywhere in canada. I'm pretty lucky in BC to have only 80 a case, and thats the lowest anywhere in BC for FPO. But some fields is up to 200 in vancouver. Get your tiny heads wrapped around that, in canada, it costs more than you can imagine, learn to live with that.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:30 PM #41
Tempted (Banned)

I spent 4 hours Googling fields in Canada a couple days ago, you can buy paint for 60-80 a case at many fields.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:33 PM #42
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
But if you look at it from another point of view, if you are playing up to 8 times with a single case of paint, chances are you are not gong to want to be playing with everyone else shooting a case or close to it. The higher price on the paint assures you that everyone else will be playing more in line with the way you are playing, which is probably going to to result in a more positive experience for you.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote