Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-14-2014, 01:09 PM #1
cfos00

Jack the Ripper

After over a year of several people's efforts, Jack looks like he's finally done. He's a heavily modified Ripper, some of it you can see, and some of it you can't. I have to say thanks to several people here for the work that was done. First off, I'd love to thank Addicted to Dunes for the convertible milling on the body, as well as the 2k front air passage mod. You may notice that there is a twister front block on it, which is a pre-2k block. That's because Vitalsilence was able to make me an internal adapter to allow Jack to go from pre-2k to post-2k at will. Ty McNeer manually milled the windows out, and freaked the barrel (thanks again buddy!). RobertSr on MCB did the custom jewel, which came out great (the smudge in the picture is just that). After a bit of a nightmare in anodizing, which resulted in losing of my collets and rods from CCM, thanks to Mel at CCM for finding the replacements that I needed. And a HUGE thanks to the good people at Arnold's Metal Finishing. You may know them for their work with BPS or BLAST. They took this project on after another ano guy basically tossed it in an acid bath and seemed like he forgot about it. About half the parts looked like lost causes. I asked multiple other anodizers to take a look, and they all said no. Arnold's said yes, were very reasonable on price, and had a very, very fast turnaround. The ano is thick and a high quality. I was very impressed with them, and would definitely use them again. The pictures don't really do the justice to the bloodspatter ano, as the black shows up a lot better in-person than in these pictures. I also am probably going to swap in a black bolt and black grips, as it came out a little bloodier than I had in my head. Anyway, on with the show.

Last edited by cfos00 : 06-14-2014 at 01:35 PM.
cfos00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2014, 01:55 PM #2
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
That is an absolute sex machine. looks awesome.

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners
jim4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:53 PM #3
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
I was gonna say something about not getting a pump kit.

Great looking marker.
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:25 PM #4
thpike
Battle Buddy

Annual Supporting Member
thpike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike supports Empire
That is bloody gorgeous!
Valken Corps
Great Lakes Region
Looking for a great player oriented store in Michigan? www.contactpb.com
thpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:32 PM #5
Intern1

Annual Supporting Member
Intern1 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Intern1 supports Empire
Wow, a matching mech, eblade, and pump kit! I guess there is no need for any if your other guns, so you should just give them all to me
Intern1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:03 PM #6
Jeffro2912
"Combat Panda"

Jeffro2912 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jeffro2912 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jeffro2912 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The milling and anno are just incredible, very well done!
Jeffro2912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:34 AM #7
LVsColoradoKing

WOWZZZEERRS!!!! That is an awesome ripper cocker you have there sir!! Holy hell, this is definitely the sexiest RF ripper I have seen by far!! NICE work!
LVsColoradoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:50 PM #8
Arnolds_Metal_Finish

Just came across your post, we're glad you enjoyed it and it was our pleasure to finally bring your project to its end and finish what everyone else couldn't! You know we had the thought in mind about if it might be a little too bloody but based on its name "Jack the Ripper" making it just a little bloody doesn't serve the gun justice. Looks bloody amazing with everything together!

Let em ripp... jack
let em r.i.p.
Arnolds_Metal_Finish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:15 PM #9
cfos00

You guys have no idea how big of a salvage job this was for Arnold's Metal Finishing. To say it was in rough shape prior to them getting it would be a massive, massive understatement. The same 'ano guy', using the term very, very loosely, basically destroyed several other markers and gave about half the parts on this marker an acid bath to end all acid baths. Arnolds somehow managed to save a ton of parts here that I honestly thought would have to be replaced. I can't recommend them strongly enough, and fully plan on using them for an upcoming Twister project. They did really amazing work on this, and kept it from being a giant paperweight. I would put the ano job on par with the Westwood that I have that PK Selective did. Thanks again guys!
Old 06-17-2014, 05:17 PM #10
.Zo

That paint job caught me off guard lol
.Zo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:49 PM #11
Arnolds_Metal_Finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos00 View Post
You guys have no idea how big of a salvage job this was for Arnold's Metal Finishing. To say it was in rough shape prior to them getting it would be a massive, massive understatement. The same 'ano guy', using the term very, very loosely, basically destroyed several other markers and gave about half the parts on this marker an acid bath to end all acid baths. Arnolds somehow managed to save a ton of parts here that I honestly thought would have to be replaced. I can't recommend them strongly enough, and fully plan on using them for an upcoming Twister project. They did really amazing work on this, and kept it from being a giant paperweight. I would put the ano job on par with the Westwood that I have that PK Selective did. Thanks again guys!

How long ago did PK Selective do your job? The only reason why I ask is -- Well dating back to many years before Arnold's Metal Finishing was founded, everyone worked for PK Selective. Arnold worked his way up from a Janitor to the VP of the company believe it or not. In doing so he established many customer relations as well as provided the type of quality work you see today. We are actually buying out PK Selective and combining the two companies together. The same painter from Pk that most likely did your Westwood actually is the same painter that did your ripper. Just thought I would share that!
Arnolds_Metal_Finish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:46 AM #12
cfos00

The Westwood I own is actually Ravi Chopra's old Westwood, which I got from him. It would have been after Skyball in '99 (when his first one was stolen), most likely around 1999 or very early 2000. It's the one on his website http://mcarterbrown.com/ravi/MyGear/...wWestwood.html. I'm excited to see what we can do for the twister when that comes out. I have some ideas...