PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 PM #1
holson72

holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Time for a new mask. Need suggestions...

So, I currently have a Profiler, but the mask is getting very work out (5 years of great service, though). I'm in the market for a new mask...but not sure what to get. I need a large mask, as I have a large face. For example, I have tried I4's, but they leave half my chin hanging out. I have also tried Grillz, but again, not enough coverage. I tried on Pro-Flexes, and they seem to be large enough, but the "lines" in the thermal lense were directly in my line of sight.

I had considered another Profiler, but I'd like something that the foam is more easily replaceable.

So...any advice or suggestions for larger type masks? Is my best bet just a new Profiler with the thermal lense?

Last edited by holson72 : 10-08-2012 at 01:34 PM.
holson72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2012, 02:16 PM #2
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
E-flex would be best but that line will be there. Just get a lens wrap and the issue is solved. Other than that, maybe profits but I hate those.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 PM #3
VIP3R
Arizona Paintball

VIP3R is an NCPA player
try before you buy. my .02. seems to catch up to me every time.
VIP3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:42 PM #4
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Im going to assume you don't use a sandana or head wrap. Because if the Lines in the E-Flex lens are in your line of sight you're wearing them to high on your face. If you ware the I4s properly they cover just enough and are the most durable mask on the market. Lenses are hands down the best. You should invest in a quality Sandana this way you can ware the masks down more for great coverage and fitment. The I4s sit so close to your face breath well and never fog. They feel like a part of your face when using them. I recently went back to the I4s after purchasing an E-Flex.

The E-Flex sit farther away and cover more but they feel like an attachment to your face. They stick out pretty far. I scratched my mirror lens a bit with the back of my marker because I wasn't use to the mask. The strap dose not get super tight, an aftermarket one will help. The Mask functions perfectly just minor things about it that had me going back to the DYE. The E-Flex would be better for people with large faces / head.

The Proflex are great as well and are a nicer cheeper alternative the E-Flex. With the same benefits just, less bulky (In my opinion)

The Profilers are great masks just because it's not new don't make it a bad mask. Many people over look the Profiler fro newer masks but they are comfortable and durable. They have a tendency to rip around where the strap attaches. I have seen people use the I4 ears to fix them after this happens.

I kick myself every time I buy a new mask I keep going back to the I4s. They just feel the best to me. If your happy with the profilers I say keep em.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 10-09-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:08 AM #5
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib plays in the APPA D4 division
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Legendary
Nomahsib is Boss
Nomahsib supports DLX Technology
For people with bigger faces I think that the Flex, Profilers, Profits, and Events work well. Of course, the best thing to do would be to try them on before making a decision.

Nomahsib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 AM #6
Pson

Pson has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Pson has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have the Vforce and love the larger size. I too have a larger grill as well and was sad at the I4. Been thinking of a I3 too, but will test fit first.
Pson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:15 AM #7
holson72

holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks for the input guys.

I should've clarified in the OP. Part of my problem is that I have an exceptionally high bridge. Most glasses sit very high on my face, which I think was the problem with the Pro-Flexes. I could probably remove the foam from just the bridge area to get it to sit lower and eliminate the problem.

I do appreciate the comment about them "sticking out" though. I may need to test them with a gun in my hand; because I shoot autocockers a lot and want to make sure I won't get kissed by the back block.
holson72 is offline   Reply With Quote