Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 10-26-2012, 07:13 PM #22
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
with no promoter to take money from the fields. how about race to for the higher division but not for the lower 2? keep cost down for the lower divisions?
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 PM #23
LeslieIreland
PBRack Sales Rep/PDX VexX

LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
LeslieIreland owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by idontknow2007 View Post
When you assume ownership of another business/operation you assume all liabilities as well, good and bad.

Dont worry - the Field Owners format will follow closely in the footsteps of the WCPS so those teams wont have to adjust what they are used to in order to play.

The main advantage to a field owners series is that the fields are joined together financially to achieve the same goal. provide a quality series that allows for bigger and better prizes. Not to mention that when fields are the main promoter, venders and suppliers are more likely to kick in support, since its the fields and stores that sell the products.
Will this league also be a PSP affiliate? /fingers crossed

Official PBRack Slinger

Let me hook your team up with the latest gear. Flow pants, Jetpacks, Jerseys and swag!

leslie@pbrack.com

http://www.facebook.com/PDXVexX137
LeslieIreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 AM #24
falcore541

falcore541 plays in the APPA D4 division
I really hope this series continues at the same or higher level of quality. I wouldn't mind playing the whole series in 2013
Old 10-29-2012, 01:50 PM #25
idontknow2007
Head Shot...

idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
idontknow2007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego

The field owners series will be worth the effort as its the fields on the line in both money and reputation.

Plus with multiple fields combining efforts and buying power, it will provide not only top notch prizes but reffing as well.

A promoter has little control over field issues as they only rent what is available...so if a field is crappy, the promoter has nothing much to lose other than choosing to not return to that field next time. With the field owners running things, it is thier reputation and respect that is on the line.

05 Red/Black Ego,07 Ghost Ego,Prestege GSL
idontknow2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:50 PM #26
impulseballer42586
WCPS Operations Manager

Annual Supporting Member
impulseballer42586 is a Moderator
impulseballer42586 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by idontknow2007 View Post

A promoter has little control over field issues as they only rent what is available...so if a field is crappy, the promoter has nothing much to lose other than choosing to not return to that field next time. With the field owners running things, it is thier reputation and respect that is on the line.
I feel this would still be an issue, weather they run the series or not. If a series holds an event at your field, and there are problems, not only will the event not return, but players will be less likely to return also. Where as, if they have an amazing time and love your field, they'll return.

Yes, I would say they are more inclined to fix the issues when it's their series, but, I don't believe this is an incentive that isn't there anytime players are attending their field.

Last edited by impulseballer42586 : 10-29-2012 at 03:55 PM.
impulseballer42586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:22 PM #27
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseballer42586 View Post

Yes, I would say they are more inclined to fix the issues when it's their series, but, I don't believe this is an incentive that isn't there anytime players are attending their field.
all fields should always stress those issues no matter what. event or not, i know we are always scurrying about making sure our park is the best it can be year round.
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups