slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
cousin's is better than RGIII anyway now his greatness will truly be seen

source: he is a BIG QB, RGIII is a big 12 QB. CASE CLOSED
Psh, I don't know what you're talking about. You know Kyle is going to give his good buddy Rex another shot at being starting QB
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2012, 03:53 PM #170
iRoNiQ

NASCAR talk in the NFL discussion thread. I'm worried about America.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:53 PM #171
shakeyjonez
In GOD We Trust!

"Love those who hurt you the most, because they are probably the ones closest to you.” ― Nikki Sixx
Old 10-09-2012, 05:00 PM #172
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS!!??

AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is a Supporting Member
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE plays in the PSP
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
I'll summarize Joe's argument for anyone that doesn't want to read it: "Boo technology, hooray incest!"
the amount of awesome in this post is overflowing... lmao
Old 10-09-2012, 05:02 PM #173
Captain A v2.0
2romo4u

Annual Supporting Member
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I'm going to have to call a mod and have this thread put down like a sick dog.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 PM #174
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
I'll summarize Joe's argument for anyone that doesn't want to read it: "Boo technology, hooray incest!"
pretty much. nascar sucks, discuss elsewhere.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 10-09-2012, 06:27 PM #175
Marko34256

Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Brady Quinn is probably going to start this week. Just need Hillis to get healthy and the dream of Browns 2.0 will finally become a reality.

Edit--actually, Hillis being injured seems like it'd be closer to the real Browns experience.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 PM #176
Ninja Mouse
SKRONG JAWLINES

To absolutely no ones surprise the NFL upholds their previous punishments for Bountygate.

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 PM #177
clarkie070988
A traveling man

Annual Supporting Member
clarkie070988 plays in the PSP
clarkie070988 plays in the APPA D4 division
clarkie070988 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
clarkie070988 is Legendary
clarkie070988 is Boss
clarkie070988 supports DLX Technology
but vilma still gets a paycheck since he is on that pup list or the injury reserve able to return
LUXE MOB/PUMP OT/Back Players Gang/BST Perfection/World Ballas/Fat Ballers Club
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 PM #178
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
Is anyone else tired of this bull**** about making the sport safer because of injuries? Make them all sign a waiver that you play at your own risk. If you get hurt or have neurological issues in the future too bad. You are given the opportunity to make millions and that comes with a risk. If players don't want to take that risk there are thousands upon thousands of guys lining up right behind them that are more than willing.

/rant

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old 10-09-2012, 08:16 PM #179
mrchuck234
Return of the King

mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
Is anyone else tired of this bull**** about making the sport safer because of injuries? Make them all sign a waiver that you play at your own risk. If you get hurt or have neurological issues in the future too bad. You are given the opportunity to make millions and that comes with a risk. If players don't want to take that risk there are thousands upon thousands of guys lining up right behind them that are more than willing.

/rant
I could not agree more.

If you can't take the heat, go flip fries.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 PM #180
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:

Funny, considering almost everyone bashing Nascar are the same inbred hicks who support CFB teams and believe the world ends anywhere north of the mason dixon line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
To absolutely no ones surprise the NFL upholds their previous punishments for Bountygate.

Such bull****. I'm so livid with how this has turned out.

Quote:

/rant

Yea....I mean, no one plays football because they want to be healthy. This is the safety nannies coming in and trying to change the game because their 11 year old got a concussion or broke a bone. Instead of pulling their kid out of the sport because they're clearly not physically cut out to play it, they try to change it to make it easier for the weaker to play. This is the classic pussification of this country happening to our favorite sport right in front of our eyes and theres nothing we can do about it.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Old 10-09-2012, 08:37 PM #181
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:

/rant
I'll agree to an extent. I like some of the rules especially the ones where the defender leads with crown of the helmet and launches straight into another guys head. Don't like a lot of these rules that are meant to protect the QB. Yes, the quarterback is what makes the team 95% of the time but some of these roughing the passer calls are stupid.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:47 PM #182
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
I'll agree to an extent. I like some of the rules especially the ones where the defender leads with crown of the helmet and launches straight into another guys head. Don't like a lot of these rules that are meant to protect the QB. Yes, the quarterback is what makes the team 95% of the time but some of these roughing the passer calls are stupid.
Then go play soccer.

Football is a violent game, why do you think its so popular? I'd like to back to the 05-06 brand of football when **** like this was normal

Edit - k, nevermind...apparently everything I pick cant be embedded.

Last edited by Fat_Joe : 10-09-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:50 PM #183
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

I like the player safety rules. I think there needs to be stricter rules on what helmets players are allowed to wear, and that they need to implement the college rule where if a player's helmet comes off, they have to sit out at least one play. Those rules don't pussify the game, and they make it safer. Rules against helmet to helmet hits and launching should also be strictly enforced, IMO. I don't like rule changes such as the the new touchback rules, and how some coaches are suggesting we remove kickoffs entirely. I think that goes too far.

Everybody wants to be gung-ho about how the sport is getting pussified and wimpy and all that, but as fans, we have no ****ing clue what it's like to go through the punishment they endure. Yeah, a lot of players say they don't like the safety rules now, but what will they say in 20, 30, 40 years? It seems that the only retired players who don't support the safety rules are the ones who were lucky enough to not have several concussions and other serious injuries.

The game needs to be safer, but it needs to be done in a way that doesn't change the game itself. It's a fine line, and one that has proven difficult to walk.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:52 PM #184
Captain A v2.0
2romo4u

Annual Supporting Member
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
My biggest complaint about helmet to helmet calls is that it seems like they never go against the offense.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:55 PM #185
BodyCount81
Jerrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
Then go play soccer.

Football is a violent game, why do you think its so popular? I'd like to back to the 05-06 brand of football when **** like this was normal

Edit - k, nevermind...apparently everything I pick cant be embedded.
lrn2embed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
I like the player safety rules. I think there needs to be stricter rules on what helmets players are allowed to wear, and that they need to implement the college rule where if a player's helmet comes off, they have to sit out at least one play. Those rules don't pussify the game, and they make it safer. Rules against helmet to helmet hits and launching should also be strictly enforced, IMO. I don't like rule changes such as the the new touchback rules, and how some coaches are suggesting we remove kickoffs entirely. I think that goes too far.

Everybody wants to be gung-ho about how the sport is getting pussified and wimpy and all that, but as fans, we have no ****ing clue what it's like to go through the punishment they endure. Yeah, a lot of players say they don't like the safety rules now, but what will they say in 20, 30, 40 years? It seems that the only retired players who don't support the safety rules are the ones who were lucky enough to not have several concussions and other serious injuries.

The game needs to be safer, but it needs to be done in a way that doesn't change the game itself. It's a fine line, and one that has proven difficult to walk.
Basically this. The sport can still be violent but the play on Sean Lee is a prime example. Fortunately, he didn't miss much and was in the game later.

There was a former NFL player on Sportscenter a month or two back who constantly has headaches and his memory isn't what it once was. Another good example would be Austin Collie. Guy has had terrible luck with concussions and hits to the helmet. Not saying all were illegal but that's what happens.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 PM #186
/-\dam
****in Yut

They should probably just be fines and not penalties. I understand you can't stop them because its purely incidental, but don't change the outcome of a game because of it.

edit- regarding helmet to helmet hits.

Tennessee Titans
Old 10-09-2012, 09:01 PM #187
BodyCount81
Jerrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by /-\dam View Post
They should probably just be fines and not penalties. I understand you can't stop them because its purely incidental, but don't change the outcome of a game because of it.

edit- regarding helmet to helmet hits.
I would rather see suspensions and a fine. I think that would get the attention better than a 25k fine. A 25k fine to James Harrison is probably like 50 bucks to me.

I don't think the players hit someone with the intention of, "hey I'm going to knock this guy out with a helmet to helmet" but I think the league could put more of an emphasis on it to where players would know not to do it anymore.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:07 PM #188
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post

No one forces you to play. If you dont like it, like I said, play soccer. The game is evolving, yes. Players are evolving, yes. Launching and leading with the helmet is where about 5% of concussions come from. Look at the data, almost 90% of concussions are from linemen. Yea, the ones that happen to receivers and DBs are the flashy ones, but they're hardly the major issue when it comes to concussions. They're going after the wrong culprit in bringing down concussion numbers.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:10 PM #189
BodyCount81
Jerrah

Angus, if we fight him in numbers he can't defeat us.