Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 AM #1408
giants57

Not enough for Tennessee to not be able to get him, I heard he loves orange and white. After Rocky Top pounds dat azz this weekend Saban will start singing Rocky Top into the Neyland PA system.
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

"Originally posted by Ly$ol: Sometimes I feel bad when I lead a ***** on, but hey it's a numbers game."
Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 AM #1409
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

has been a member for 10 years
according to forbes 5.3mil right now, will jump to around 6mil by 2019
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 AM #1410
PeYToN-SS
dat fro

PeYToN-SS is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
Our SOS is way too weak to play in the NC. A BCS bowl game would have been a hell of a lot better than whatever ****ty bowl we went to last year though.
If they were undefeated after running the Big 10 schedule + the Big 10 championship game they are at least in the conversation. Nobody is coming out of the Big 12 or ACC. Oregon still has USC, Stanford, Oregon St, and a conference championship and Alabama still has LSU and Florida/USC. Those aren't terrible odds. I would be pissed if I were an Ohio State fan.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:04 AM #1411
angelballer

This team wouldn't come close to beating Bama. With the way our defense is playing and the injuries, we'd be lucky to even beat the "tier 2" undefeated teams like Oregon, Notre Dame, etc.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 AM #1412
PeYToN-SS
dat fro

You would at least get a shot at them, and the odds of winning the title are a whole lot better if you are actually playing in the game.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 AM #1413
angelballer

I'll take a high preseason rank next year over a beating by Bama in the NC game. Long-term it is the safer bet especially with the B1G plummeting as a conference.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:15 AM #1414
PeYToN-SS
dat fro

You would rather preserve your preseason ranking for next year than play for a title this year? LSU lost the title last year and opened up #1 in the Coaches Poll. Oregon opened up top 5 the year before that.

You have a loser mentality.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:18 AM #1415
tater_salad (Banned)

If Dooley stays we will end up with a very decent recruiting class. These guys are just waiting to see what we do with Dooley.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/fo...k-Green-109982

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...z-North-131522

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...nn-Bell-135878

And word is Lawson will decommitt from Auburn soon and UT has a very good chance of landing him. He will end up at UF most likely though.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...P7aAi27JnwOrF_

Last edited by tater_salad : 10-16-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 AM #1416
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

tbh this team would get murdered by bama and i would rather not see that game happen. i am disappointed that we are not going to be in a BCS game this year playing kstate or a PAC team but i am not going to be losing sleep over it. with how bad the D is playing (when it should be beefmo), the injuries and raw inexperience of our offense i am OK with sitting out a year.

according to facebook the kid who lived across from me freshman year is headed to neyland to do press at the bama/UT game and has a field pass. Not going to lie but i am really jealous.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 AM #1417
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If Dooley leaves, michigan is gonna scoop derrick green I'm pretty sure. Even if Dooley stays we still have a shot.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 AM #1418
angelballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeYToN-SS View Post
You would rather preserve your preseason ranking for next year than play for a title this year? LSU lost the title last year and opened up #1 in the Coaches Poll. Oregon opened up top 5 the year before that.

You have a loser mentality.
Why? Because I'm not delusional and think we can beat Bama? We had a Michigan fan that thought they could beat Bama and look at their rank right now. Urban is rebuilding a dynasty. No one here expected him to do it the first year (if he could). This team just isn't ready to be a title contender. Receiver core and the defense other than the dline just isn't up to the caliber it needs to be. Auburn might settle for 1 year success but I'd rather be title contenders every year.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:24 AM #1419
tater_salad (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
If Dooley leaves, michigan is gonna scoop derrick green I'm pretty sure. Even if Dooley stays we still have a shot.
As long as we have Dooley he is 100% Vol. But if we bring Gruden in I don't see why all of these kids wouldn't want to play for a SB winning coach.

My GameDay sign maybe "Jon Gruden, report to Knoxville immediately"

Last edited by tater_salad : 10-16-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:27 AM #1420
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Cause it would basically be a whole new program, and at Michigan we're already bringing in a pretty strong class next year so what kid wouldn't want to be a part of that?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:28 AM #1421
PeYToN-SS
dat fro

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
Why? Because I'm not delusional and think we can beat Bama? We had a Michigan fan that thought they could beat Bama and look at their rank right now. Urban is rebuilding a dynasty. No one here expected him to do it the first year (if he could). This team just isn't ready to be a title contender. Receiver core and the defense other than the dline just isn't up to the caliber it needs to be. Auburn might settle for 1 year success but I'd rather be title contenders every year.
The only team that has been sent spiraling out of control after losing a title game was Texas. Hell, Ohio State has been beat when they shouldn't have and turned around and put a good team out the next year. You really think a loss in a title game is going to destroy your program? You say you want to be a title contender every year, but you would rather not play for the title. Does not compute.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:28 AM #1422
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

i mean i really do not understand why people think gruden would take that job. he won a SB and is pretty much on every teams short list in the NFL looking for a coach. i would not be surprised if we see him coaching in SD in the near future

Last edited by imhungry : 10-16-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:35 AM #1423
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

I think there will be a few NFL coaches fired at the end of this year, so I really don't see Gruden coaching Tenn.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 AM #1424
PeYToN-SS
dat fro

I don't know why you would want to coach college when NFL is an option.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:41 AM #1425
imhungry (Banned)
***CHAOS***

well shurmur is on the hot seat for sure, although the win just helped him and the team is playing pretty good football compared to last year. i think Smith and Norv will be out of SD soon, maybe/hopefully real soon like this week. Reed is probably gonzo unless this new DC change works and probably the Cumboys will need a new coach.

so lets see, Cowboys and Iggles might be looking for a coach and are good markets with tons of talent. Chargers have a great location and decent talent. all of those are infinitely better options for a SB winning coach.

Last edited by imhungry : 10-16-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:48 AM #1426
angelballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeYToN-SS View Post
The only team that has been sent spiraling out of control after losing a title game was Texas. Hell, Ohio State has been beat when they shouldn't have and turned around and put a good team out the next year. You really think a loss in a title game is going to destroy your program? You say you want to be a title contender every year, but you would rather not play for the title. Does not compute.
If we go undefeated next year, we will still have 0 quality wins. Vandy, Florida A&M, Cal, and Buffalo is our non conference schedule. I'm not sure why you are having such a hard time understanding that. A preseason rank outside the top 10 would have us on the outside looking in. We'd be in the same shoes Boise State has been in. A preseason rank inside the top 10 would put its in the shoes of Oregon this year. Not playing anyone but making it to the NC by going undefeated. Which is a better scenario?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:49 AM #1427
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhungry View Post
well shurmur is on the hot seat for sure, although the win just helped him and the team is playing pretty good football compared to last year. i think Smith and Norv will be out of SD soon, maybe/hopefully real soon like this week. Reed is probably gonzo unless this new DC change works and probably the Cumboys will need a new coach.

so lets see, Cowboys and Iggles might be looking for a coach and are good markets with tons of talent. Chargers have a great location and decent talent. all of those are infinitely better options for a SB winning coach.
Chiefs too. Crennel could be gone after this year, and if they find a QB that's a playoff team for Gruden.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:49 AM #1428
tater_salad (Banned)

Because Jim Haslam will give him a blank check.
Closed Thread