Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 PM #1
deaallen

As requested, G-1 pistol *UPDATED*

I've had a couple of PM's asking how I turned my G-1 into a pistol so I thought I 'd just start a thread explaining it.

If you don't know what I'm on about here's the pics:

I originally wanted to move the reg into the torch socket like a few others have done, but then I thought about moving it into the grip frame and relocating the battery to where the reg was - in the end I couldn't find a reg small enough for this so I just stuck a mini ASA/reg on there which worked pretty well and means I dont need to worry about having a separate reg on the gun.

So on with the pictures:

Its pretty self explanatory really, it did take a lot of dremel work to get enough room inside the grip frame body for the tubing to fit.

The parts you'll need are:
1 x Invert mini reg/asa or Empire Axe on/off reg/asa
1 x TM series rail adapter - This part ONLY comes with the empire on/off reg
Tubing - 4mm outer dimension, 2.5 or 3mm Inner dimension - also try and find stuff that will take above 200psi
4mm Push to fit fitting - 7/16-20 UNF (I think)
2x Carbon steel threaded inserts - I used M5 thread

The rail I used to connect the reg/ASA to the G-1 is the one you get with the Empire On/Off Reg but cut down and with two extra holes drilled for the screws, the problem with this is I then had to re-tap the push to fit fittings to the same thread that the rail has (anyone who has seen this rail will know what i mean) and it took ages for me to find out what thread it was:

the left one is original, the right is after I threaded it:

- If I was to do it again I would recommend having a custom rail milled out for it and tapped to a standard thread for the push to fit fitting.

UPDATE:

So after a few months of play and using this mod, i figured out that it just wasn't user friendly enough for one big reasons -

The way I had oriented the scews on the mini reg rail meant that the push to fit fitting would have to be the part which kept the mini in place - this wasn't a problem for me as I used a push to fit fitting which had an allen socket inside the fitting which i could use to tighten and untighten the fitting - but eventually this stripped which left the reg stuck to the rail and me screwed. (Another issue was when I set the operating pressure to over 300psi it blew one of the fittings, my G-1 operates at under 200psi, you should try and get yours to also run at that level if you wish to use this mod)!

The obvious fix for this was to have the bolts mounted the other side of the trigger frame scewing into the reg rail rather then the other way round-

- A problem with this is that I would then be screwing into aluminium which is soft and would eventually also strip (something I don't wan't to risk when my tank is ultimately attached to it)

The way i got around this was by using time serts Carbon Steel Inserts, basically making the thread carbon steel - much stronger then aluminum!

I also had to drill a hole into the back of the grip frame for me to get one of the allen keys to one of the bolts-

With these changes the Mods are much stronger, and should stand up to most beatings - the only thing to take into consideration now is the operating pressure and the pressure rating of the new parts - I am yet to have anything other then the faulty fitting blow!

Last edited by deaallen : 10-16-2014 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Updated it
deaallen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 04:13 PM #2
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
This is very cool!

Thanks for the how-to
fishballer06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 PM #3
rick_516

I'm thinking about doing this mod. I really like the idea of being able to cup the front of the gun like you do a pump gun. Would the reg in the link work okay. I didn't know if there were any differences between the stock.
http://www.ansgear.com/Invert_Mini_O...ASA_s/2347.htm

Also how did you tighten the reg to the rail? I was thinking if anything I could tap the rail for a set screw at the back.

"Originally posted by paintballrdaking: WTF!!! Im trying to sell stuff and you post a MVP for $400! Somebody buy this thing ASAP!!! GL"
rick_516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 AM #4
GOG Paintball
http://g1og.com

Annual Supporting Member
GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Pretty cool, nice job!
GOG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:59 AM #5
deaallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick_516 View Post
I'm thinking about doing this mod. I really like the idea of being able to cup the front of the gun like you do a pump gun. Would the reg in the link work okay. I didn't know if there were any differences between the stock.
http://www.ansgear.com/Invert_Mini_O...ASA_s/2347.htm

Also how did you tighten the reg to the rail? I was thinking if anything I could tap the rail for a set screw at the back.
Yeah the on/offs work just the same (I used the one off my axe to test it)

The reg is tightened by the push to fit fitting which is screwed down to make a snug fit between the oring on the top of the reg- this is also what keeps it on the rail
Old 11-09-2012, 04:02 PM #6
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
I was thinking to myself on how to do this to one of the markers I have sitting around here. Very nice!
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:11 AM #7
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Oh man, a spring feed would complete this.

You should see how to attach the Empire spring stick feed on here.

And probably get one of those tank-in-stock stocks.

If you set the G1 up efficiently, you can get at least 10 full tubes' worth from a 13ci.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

My Current Top TradeBait
BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!

It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:19 AM #8
Punisher068

Very cool mod,often wondered if a Mini reg could be adapted like this,glad to see someone tried it,perfect setup for a boxmag or pistol,offset feed will make for a good sight profile for either one
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM #9
deaallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher068 View Post
Very cool mod,often wondered if a Mini reg could be adapted like this,glad to see someone tried it,perfect setup for a boxmag or pistol,offset feed will make for a good sight profile for either one
Funny enough thats exactly why i did this, I wanted to fit my boxmag which was on my old TM7 to the only milsim marker i now have, the G-1, but that meant i needed to get move the reg....

It now looks like this anyway, I'm also thinking of having a smaller SMG style set up for when im feeling weak which ill post pick of when its done
Old 11-14-2012, 02:39 PM #10
Punisher068

So awesome!What are you using for your boxmag internals?Im currently using a Draxxus Pulse for mine with a Rf setup,seems pretty bulletproof.Damn you,now I HAVE to do this mod with my next Ion boxmag XD!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 AM #11
deaallen

I used a halo 2 internals so its only sound activated unfortunately (which can be a problem with quiet markers)

I think your route of using a Draxxus Pulse and RF chips is the right way to go, but I didn't think you could use the RF chips on gog/sp markers?

Anyway here's some vids of my boxmag I made for any of you interested:

Old 11-16-2012, 04:24 PM #12
Punisher068

[quote=deaallen;77263883]I used a halo 2 internals so its only sound activated unfortunately (which can be a problem with quiet markers)

I think your route of using a Draxxus Pulse and RF chips is the right way to go, but I didn't think you could use the RF chips on gog/sp markers?

Ive got a virtue OLED board board that has a pigtail between the solenoid and board to tap the RF chip in
Real nice setup on your boxmag,just ordered a Mini/Axe reg to do your mod,hope you dont mind if I PM you about some specifics when i get it
Im pretty handy with a dremmel XD
You should share your mod over at M Carter Brown also,theres a few people I contact over there that would be very interested to see it
Thanks for the inspiration
Old 11-18-2012, 04:16 PM #13
deaallen

[quote=Punisher068;77276320]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaallen View Post
I used a halo 2 internals so its only sound activated unfortunately (which can be a problem with quiet markers)

Ive got a virtue OLED board board that has a pigtail between the solenoid and board to tap the RF chip in
Real nice setup on your boxmag,just ordered a Mini/Axe reg to do your mod,hope you dont mind if I PM you about some specifics when i get it
Im pretty handy with a dremmel XD
You should share your mod over at M Carter Brown also,theres a few people I contact over there that would be very interested to see it
Thanks for the inspiration
Mate feel free to post it on over Mcarter if you wish, I don't have an account with them at the moment (and can't really be assed tbh)

Yeah let me know if you need any other help with your one, and be sure to post pics once your done
Old 11-20-2012, 05:13 PM #14
Killa Daddy Of Two
Killa Daddy of Two

Killa Daddy Of Two is playing at Living Legends V
Killa Daddy Of Two owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Killa Daddy Of Two has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Killa Daddy Of Two is attending Decay of Nations VI
maybe you can use a cut down Longbow kit as a feed system? I know the long bow magazines hold 20 rounds, and may take away from the pistol look, but perhaps if u cut the tubes down to the length of the sp1/g1 it will still retain the pistol look.
Killa Daddy Of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:51 PM #15
Armed_kingSquid

how much did the mini reg cost you?
Armed_kingSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:33 AM #16
kostis11

kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kostis11 is attending Decay of Nations VII
kostis11 supports DLX Technology
man the mg rocks, its awesome, one of the best mods i have ever seen
Old 12-21-2012, 10:08 PM #17
7paintball
Service at its best.

Crazy great idea
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 PM #18
cheetonian

So did you ever find out what the threading was on the adaptor? I am going to do this on an Ion, and your solution looks like exactly what I was looking for...
cheetonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:50 PM #19
deaallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetonian View Post
So did you ever find out what the threading was on the adaptor? I am going to do this on an Ion, and your solution looks like exactly what I was looking for...
Off the top of my head I think it was 7/16-20 unf, you can see i tapped the push fittings in the thread

This is the set up now:

Old 02-22-2013, 09:39 AM #20
deaallen

FYI, updated my first post! Please if you're going to do this mod, do it the updated way.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 AM #21
Punisher068

Preparing to do this mod on my Ion if i can get a machinist locally to do the work,hoping to make a custom rail out of the TM-7 adapter that came with it
Thanks for the update,my favorite mod I MUST do