Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-24-2013, 02:07 PM #1
williamkapes

50 cal and new players/kids

I recently took my 7 year old twins out with some some friends for a paintball party. We used 50 cal spyders and they had a blast. Even with 50 cal we had a couple of cryers after getting hit but nothing like would have expected with 68. We did one game of everyone vs Dad and when I finally got shot I barely felt it even at close range ( I was running around shooting at bunkers giving them something to shoot at). We were indoor so the ranges were pretty close most of the time.

For new players and kids I think 50 cal works great. They dont get the difference in the range and the lower impact and less hassle about reloading works perfect for that type of group. I see it as a great rental/private option. Once you are ready to play with the big boys, get a 68 cal marker and go play at 12+bps but for new players is a great introduction.
williamkapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2013, 10:47 PM #2
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamkapes View Post
For new players and kids I think 50 cal works great. They dont get the difference in the range and the lower impact and less hassle about reloading works perfect for that type of group. I see it as a great rental/private option. Once you are ready to play with the big boys, get a 68 cal marker and go play at 12+bps but for new players is a great introduction.
I totally agree. Our field is just getting into providing 50 caliber games and the response has been very positive.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:55 PM #3
stevehoward

has been a member for 10 years
stevehoward has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I helped out at the JT first shot challenge this weekend with the splatmasters this weekend and saw kids as young as 4yrs old playing and after the initial nerves were gone these kids were making snake off the break runs and running through each other...it was amazing thee confidence some of them had once they realized it didnt hurt. with some of the guys from Vicious XSV Dynasty and Infamous out ther to coach them these kids were lookin like stars by the end of the day and the reaction by the parents on the sidelines was excellent..i dont know how many kids i watched drag mommy and daddy over to empires tent to buy them a splatmaster afterwards or how many i saw in the HK Tents grabbing clothes and stuff.. that is the true value behind .50 cal and smaller balls as well as low velocity tournaments alongside largescale national events...PSP has it down and will be grooming the next gen. of players extremely young
stevehoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:16 AM #4
Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehoward View Post
PSP has it down and will be grooming the next gen. of players extremely young
That's great but it needs to go far beyond PSP's scope. Every field in the world should be offering Low Impact paintball.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:55 AM #5
stevehoward

has been a member for 10 years
stevehoward has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i know i came straight back from chicago and talked to the local field that i ref a series for... they are getting in contact with JT as we speak to try and bring the first shot challenge tournaments to our local series. I see no reason for the likes of CXBL and any other series that hopes to grow in the future not to promote something that would benefit youth at the youngest level being able to gain interest in paintball.
stevehoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:23 PM #6
Horizon

Quote:
i know i came straight back from chicago and talked to the local field that i ref a series for... they are getting in contact with JT as we speak to try and bring the first shot challenge tournaments to our local series. I see no reason for the likes of CXBL and any other series that hopes to grow in the future not to promote something that would benefit youth at the youngest level being able to gain interest in paintball.
Why Italia did not market his 50 caliber "Revolution" in this manner is mind boggling. He could have had the rental market sewn up and sold tons of 50 caliber gear and paint. One of the all time greatest marketing blunders.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:22 AM #7
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
i know i came straight back from chicago and talked to the local field that i ref a series for... they are getting in contact with JT as we speak to try and bring the first shot challenge tournaments to our local series.
Definitely hoping that's the case. There'd be serious potential for the Boys & Girls club games at the last tourney of the year, that would help the kids get over their nerves and that would help us players who coach them through it not get lit up a few extra times as well.

EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:08 PM #8
DC19
Doodlebug Sportz

Annual Supporting Member
DC19 is a Supporting Member
DC19 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamkapes View Post
I recently took my 7 year old twins out with some some friends for a paintball party. We used 50 cal spyders and they had a blast. Even with 50 cal we had a couple of cryers after getting hit but nothing like would have expected with 68. We did one game of everyone vs Dad and when I finally got shot I barely felt it even at close range ( I was running around shooting at bunkers giving them something to shoot at). We were indoor so the ranges were pretty close most of the time.

Thanks for bringing them out William!
LuxePbCentral - Your #1 Stop for Everything Luxe -
PM me for any Luxe / Parts! I can get custom Luxes for you!!!
PaintballNW.com - Local Event Coverage & Promotion!
PM me to request event coverage & make suggestions!
DC19 is offline   Reply With Quote