Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-11-2013, 03:22 PM #1
DerekMorris

Fried Halo B

So my friend just gave me his old halo B.
I turned it on and it instantly started spinning (which freaked me out because I'm used to sound activated) and wouldn't turn off.
I freaked out and grabbed the rip drive to stop it.

Long story short, the board is fried. Like really fried.
It burnt up the plastic Hybrid shell too.

I'm about to buy a v35 board from ansgear, but is there anyway to tell if I need to buy anymore components that may have been damaged? Or are there common components that get fried too when the board gets fried?

Thanks for the help
DerekMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2013, 01:05 PM #2
DerekMorris

bump
DerekMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:38 PM #3
CA_Tectonics

Likely just the board. Possibly the eye and motor wires depending on how bad. Since you said the shell also melted, i'm gonna guess it isn't pretty so you should check your wires. Also, by holding the rip drive against the motor wanting to spin, you may need a new belt (it's actually just an o-ring). I believe it is a standard -028 buna o-ring. Adding to the list, you may have done some damage to the motor as well. However, I would think that the wheel on the motor shaft would have just spun, slipping against the belt/o-ring instead of stopping the shaft from turning. However, you never know until that motor just gives out on you.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:36 PM #4
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
might be cheaper to go find a used halo, should be able to find one in the $30 range
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote