lucasb plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGunCrew View Post
Good stuff, Lucas
thanks grant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3terskrillz View Post
Tj!!
yeeeeah, he was playing real good yesterday.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 PM #759
Ball1n Azn

Ball1n Azn plays in the PSP
Ball1n Azn supports our troops
Woah.

Champions & Challengers: The New PSP Pro League

The level of talent in the PSP Professional Division is undisputedly the fiercest in the world. Teams from all divisions train week in and out to ultimately one day become a Professional team in the PSP. Actually making the advancement into Pro however, has historically been too large of a move for most teams to make.

The PSP would like to change this by putting a system into place for fresh teams to move into an even stronger Pro League.

The PSP Professional teams will compete against each other in the 2013 PSP Dallas Open. The top 10 teams from that event will move on to PSP’s Event #2 and play in the newly established Champions Division. They will perform on the main field for all the glory in front of thousands of fans watching from the PaintballAccess.com webcast and the PSP grandstands.

The other Pro teams from the Dallas Open will be enlisted in a new division known as the Challengers Division. They will be joining other teams to be named at a later date. The group of teams in the Challengers Divisions will use the same format and rules, but play on a secondary Professional field during the prelims and will play their final match on the main field for all their fans to watch. Starting after Event #2, the top two teams from the Challengers Division in each event will move up and compete in the PSP Champions Division for the following event. They will be replacing the bottom 2 finishers from the previous event’s Champions Division, who will instead perform in the Challengers Division.

This system of constant circulation will continue event by event for seasons to come. It is now more important than ever for teams to give their all in each match – as they no longer have just one goal of winning the event – but must perform at their top in every game to make sure they do not suffer the consequence of being knocked out of the Champions Division. Likewise, the Challengers Division teams at each event have the option to perform and move up for the following event.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM #760
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro

Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
Big step for psp , they have to find a way to make this sport more legit and I'm thinking this is taking a step towards that .
Old 01-28-2013, 02:15 PM #761
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
That is a great idea. However, do you guys think that if a team like Dynasty or Ironmen somehow have a bad event, and they get relegated, will they even show up at the next one to compete in the Challengers division?

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Old 01-28-2013, 02:20 PM #762
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro

Yea I was thinking the same thing they prolly wont . What psp need to do is have it like the nfl and have like 12 teams locked in and they get the worst team from the year and rank them down to semi pro and the best semi pro team rank up . The only problem with the sport is unlike nfl we don't have money to have like a draft or something .

Edit
The cool things is there will always be a different pro team each event , teams like Vicious and 187 crew have to be on there A game .

Last edited by Obey-193 : 01-28-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 PM #763
Ball1n Azn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
That is a great idea. However, do you guys think that if a team like Dynasty or Ironmen somehow have a bad event, and they get relegated, will they even show up at the next one to compete in the Challengers division?
I'll think they'll have to if they want to get back into the Champion's division. If they don't show up, they'll get last and be in the Challenger's division the next event and so on. Who knows what that'll mean the next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
Yea I was thinking the same thing they prolly wont . What psp need to do is have it like the nfl and have like 12 teams locked in and they get the worst team from the year and rank them down to semi pro and the best semi pro team rank up . The only problem with the sport is unlike nfl we don't have money to have like a draft or something .

Edit
The cool things is there will always be a different pro team each event , teams like Vicious and 187 crew have to be on there A game .
I'd be more concerned about teams like C.E.P. and Aftershock.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:36 PM #764
vanish4life

maybe a team that plays both leagues wouldn't show due to being in the challengers division or whatever. I don't see any dye teams not showing up to an event due to being bumped down solely on the fact of how much money Dye puts into PSP. I am pumped to see how that effects the competition or even seed points going into sunday even.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:48 PM #765
Deimus85
Playground Legend

The other question is where they are going to get 5 more teams from to fill in that void in the Challengers division. That number is based on the speculation that XSV, Impact and TonTons will be the 13, 14, and 15th teams.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM #766
Ball1n Azn

Well since we're not going to find out who's in which division until after the first event, I'm guessing the top 10 teams go to the Champion's division, the other bottoms teams (however many there are) move to the Challenger's division, and the rest of the spots are filled by top D1 teams. This is just my guess since they're trying to promote divisional teams.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:06 PM #767
PistolSex
Forever a Gunslinger

PistolSex plays in the PSP
PistolSex plays in the APPA D2 division
I think this is a great idea and will make games more interesting because there's more on the line to lose.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:27 PM #768
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball1n Azn View Post
Well since we're not going to find out who's in which division until after the first event, I'm guessing the top 10 teams go to the Champion's division, the other bottoms teams (however many there are) move to the Challenger's division, and the rest of the spots are filled by top D1 teams. This is just my guess since they're trying to promote divisional teams.
Judging by the original announcement, they will already have the 20 teams in Pro by the first event.

Feedback
Old 01-28-2013, 03:43 PM #769
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro

Yea so if they have 20 teams the top ten will move on and the other 10 will have to compete to get back into the champions division . One thing I like about this is that teams can't just jump on being pro they have to work there way up there . I mean look at vicious they worked there way up the ranks to become pro but then you get heat that just signed up for pro . I don't care if you have an all star roster I feel like you need to earn your spot .
Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 PM #770
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D4 division
They won the series, who ****ing cares.
Xcape paintball.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 PM #771
ArchAngelIon
VSBGODB

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
The other question is where they are going to get 5 more teams from to fill in that void in the Challengers division. That number is based on the speculation that XSV, Impact and TonTons will be the 13, 14, and 15th teams.
1. The NPPL

2. D1

The only thing I find valuable, about your species, is the noises you make when you die.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
Old 01-28-2013, 04:46 PM #772
Dkepp™
OG

Dkepp™ plays in the USPL
Dkepp™ plays in the PSP
Dkepp™ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dkepp™ plays in the APPA D3 division
i think that if a team like dynasty was to have a bad event 4 they would not show up to play challengers division at world cup.. this really puts a ton of emphasis on event 4
Old 01-28-2013, 04:49 PM #773
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
1. The NPPL

2. D1
I can't name more than 2 teams between either of your options that have the funding to compete in the PSP Pro division. That's why those teamsplay in both of your options.

Feedback
Old 01-28-2013, 09:40 PM #774
splatterman
California Claxxtons

splatterman plays in the PSP
Someone put the Washington Winstons into HB this year and let me play. Just do not have the time to set it all up and look for players but I have played HB the last 6 years and do not want to stop now. Will promise good time and lots of fine honey dips on the sidelines!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:38 PM #775
gridlockid07
chris schehr

gridlockid07 plays in the PSP
gridlockid07 is an NCPA player
gridlockid07 plays in the APPA Pro division
Anyone know any good mountains up around New Jersey to snowboard? Looking for good terrain parks.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:56 PM #776
pyromaniacs1
RIP 1016

pyromaniacs1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Old 01-28-2013, 11:05 PM #777
XKE

Annual Supporting Member
XKE plays in the PSP
XKE plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
Hip shots, high shots, and tea service only. Rules besides that? None.

And Dynasty isnt having any bad events this season. So you can stop that talk right now.
Closed Thread