Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 01:44 AM #22
spinny2559
just missed 2k4
 
spinny2559's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
spinny2559 is a Supporting Member
I'm not saying her rant was entirely right, but what that person said wasn't either. Someone being overweight should have no bearing on that person as a functioning member of society, unless he/she is a fitness trainer, or maybe a diplomat (cause we don't need more fat people representing an already fat country).
What WOULD have been OK for that guy to do is to write that letter to the TV station head and say that a fat anchor is making the station look bad. But people don't look at news anchors as examples, they look at them for news. If she is an example for the community, so is the fat lady who works at the local bakery, and the fat man who works at the barber shop, and so is every other fat person who does any sort of service for the town.
__________________

98 Custom Low Pressure Kit parts available, contact me!

TONS of solenoids and solenoid parts F/S/T!!

spinny2559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 AM #23
BombMarley
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
BombMarley is attending Decay of Nations VI
fatties gonna fat
muh genetics!
fat is beautiful!
you can be fat and healthy!
Real men want meat, not bones!

**** fat people. All they do is create problems for tax payers by ****ing up hospitals with their fatty problems, they want everyone to act like they're normal, or even more disturbingly, beautiful. They are a true disgrace to evolution and the human race. We are fighters, hunters, and killers, not couch potatos. It's not your genetics, it's your lack of willpower to put down the twinkie and hit the gym.

Goddammit I typed this in Vegetas voice.
BombMarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 AM #24
UnderPaidSlave
i work at ups.
 
UnderPaidSlave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post



You are an idiot.
why because your mind is so ****ing warped by todays standards you cant let someone live their lives without assuming whats best for them?
she stands up for herself and you say she doesnt have the right to do it because it sounds like she was bullied, **** you.
__________________
BLOW ME.

Last edited by UnderPaidSlave : 10-03-2012 at 02:08 AM.
UnderPaidSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 AM #25
SmartyJones
Best in the World
 
SmartyJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPaidSlave View Post
why because your mind is so ****ing warped by todays standards you cant let someone live their lives without assuming whats best for them?
she stands up for herself and you say she doesnt have the right to do it because it sounds like she was bullied, **** you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyJones View Post
Completely inappropriate and unprofessional of her to take air time to address this on the news.
.

And it doesn't sound like she was bullied. She said she was bullied. As stated by myself and others the guy who wrote the letter is wrong because she has no responsibility to project a healthy image to the public. She's just giving the news. What I, and I suspect most of the other people in this thread, have an issue with is her responding to it on air and turning herself into a victim.
__________________
Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Sabres, New York Yankees, Detroit Pistons, Notre Dame
University Of Notre Dame Class of 2010
ZENYATTA - Thanks for all the memories!
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
SmartyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:24 AM #26
UnderPaidSlave
i work at ups.
 
UnderPaidSlave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: utah
she kinda was a victim, her making it into a news story may not sit right in your stomach but its not your job to decide if that was the "right" thing to do.
__________________
BLOW ME.
UnderPaidSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:34 AM #27
haman
╭∩╮
 
haman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PHX, AZ
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPaidSlave View Post
why because your mind is so ****ing warped by todays standards you cant let someone live their lives without assuming whats best for them?
she stands up for herself and you say she doesnt have the right to do it because it sounds like she was bullied, **** you.
Being obese is unhealthy, that's not an assumption. How was she a victim? There is nothing hateful about the email that was sent. It's not like they said "your such a huge ***** I can't stand seeing your fat face on the news," or something like that. ****, she even admitted to being fat and obese so I don't understand why they did the segment.
__________________
remeber there is good and bad in everthing

caesar was a bad guy but it is a goood salad

cold sore is bad on your mouth but cold slaw is good inside of there

spinach is good bu t the spinach inquisition was so bad
( these examples are food but its true for other things to)
haman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:51 AM #28
UnderPaidSlave
i work at ups.
 
UnderPaidSlave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by haman View Post
Being obese is unhealthy, that's not an assumption. How was she a victim? There is nothing hateful about the email that was sent. It's not like they said "your such a huge ***** I can't stand seeing your fat face on the news," or something like that. ****, she even admitted to being fat and obese so I don't understand why they did the segment.
he called the lady fat with nice words, its the same thing.
__________________
BLOW ME.
UnderPaidSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:58 AM #29
haman
╭∩╮
 
haman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PHX, AZ
 has been a member for 10 years
and then she agreed that she is in fact fat and obese... how is that bullying? If you knew someone that constantly had sun-burnt skin would it be out of line to suggest that they should consider wearing some sunscreen?
__________________
remeber there is good and bad in everthing

caesar was a bad guy but it is a goood salad

cold sore is bad on your mouth but cold slaw is good inside of there

spinach is good bu t the spinach inquisition was so bad
( these examples are food but its true for other things to)
haman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:00 AM #30
UnderPaidSlave
i work at ups.
 
UnderPaidSlave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by haman View Post
and then she agreed that she is in fact fat and obese... how is that bullying? If you knew someone that constantly had sun-burnt skin would it be out of line to suggest that they should consider wearing some sunscreen?
because its wrong to single people out because of their flaws and tell them to fix it. quit trying to pretend that **** is okay.
__________________
BLOW ME.
UnderPaidSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:19 AM #31
haman
╭∩╮
 
haman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PHX, AZ
 has been a member for 10 years
I agree that the email shouldn't have been sent, they also shouldn't have made a segment out of this. It's sad that she was offended by a legitimate concern for her and the community's health.
__________________
remeber there is good and bad in everthing

caesar was a bad guy but it is a goood salad

cold sore is bad on your mouth but cold slaw is good inside of there

spinach is good bu t the spinach inquisition was so bad
( these examples are food but its true for other things to)
haman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:35 AM #32
UnderPaidSlave
i work at ups.
 
UnderPaidSlave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: utah
you shouldnt tell people how to live their lives. even if you think its good for them. she is capable of making her own decisions.
__________________
BLOW ME.
UnderPaidSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:50 AM #33
haman
╭∩╮
 
haman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: PHX, AZ
 has been a member for 10 years
I agree again, but, expressing concern for someone is not the same as telling them what to do, and it's definitely not bullying...
__________________
remeber there is good and bad in everthing

caesar was a bad guy but it is a goood salad

cold sore is bad on your mouth but cold slaw is good inside of there

spinach is good bu t the spinach inquisition was so bad
( these examples are food but its true for other things to)
haman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:23 AM #34
jdmpurest
Eat ****, Die Slow
 
jdmpurest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: A US Air Force Base
jdmpurest owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jdmpurest has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdmpurest has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPaidSlave
you shouldnt tell people how to live their lives. even if you think its good for them. she is capable of making her own decisions.
Your telling him how to live his life.
__________________
Flex Owners Club #150

ehh

"Wool owns. In the Finnish military we had a sweater of wool we called Pillu. It means *ussy because no matter how wet it got, it was always warming"
jdmpurest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 AM #35
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
yes
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
just watched with some cannibal corpse blasting in the back.

didnt listen lol
Fuzzy R. McNuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:20 AM #36
frankie says chillax
...bro
 
frankie says chillax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
frankie says chillax plays in the PSP
frankie says chillax plays in the APPA D4 division
my diet consists of energy drinks, cigs, alcohol, and fast food and i look sexy.

urdoingitwrong
__________________
"Originally posted by blueshifty:
Also, eclipse only makes mid-range guns they just charge a premium for them."

WTB MINTY FRESH MACDEV 07 CYBORGS
frankie says chillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 AM #37
The_Hawk
There Is No Society
 
The_Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VPISU
The_Hawk is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The_Hawk is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Eating right isn't even that expensive. Eat meat. Quit eating so many ****ing carbs all the damn time. Drink water. Not to mention that you can always *gasp* eat less.
Why would I pay all that money for meat when a 24 pack of ding dongs is just 3 bucks?
__________________
I think it's time we blow this scene.
Get everybody and the stuff together.
Okay, three, two, one
Let's jam

"Originally posted by pok3ypuppy: LOL SOMEBODY SHOULD SIG THIS."
The_Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:56 AM #38
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-
 
Rampager2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: East Texas
"And this, this did not bother me."

Bull****, you cried yourself to sleep the night before plotting the exact words you would say on air the next morning.

Can't stand fat ****s who can't take it. I'm a bit overweight, and I can accept the criticism. The obese people that continue to be that way and act like there's no problem and, when someone kindly says they hope otherwise, they flip **** deserve to be shot so we can feed 3 more healthy people.

They're useless pawns leeching off resources we need not spare.
__________________
Steam: N-Ur-Face
I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
Maktub

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 AM #39
KyIsBack
Flim Flam
 
KyIsBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Room 502
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_desert

We like to kill the poor slowly.
__________________
We Forgot
STGDTPartyBusTour2010
Twitter

POW
KyIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 AM #40
dualimpact
I'm A Hypocrite
 
dualimpact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 817
Annual Supporting Member
dualimpact helped look for balloons
Maybe if they were buying from the grocery stores in the first place they wouldn't relocate/close a store, anyway do stores still make the same amount of profit when they are paid with food stamps compared to cash?
__________________
SIG
GOES
HERE
dualimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:26 AM #41
Strange1130
FTW
 
Strange1130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bed Stuy
Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
videos subforum, reported.
__________________
"Originally posted by CorkscrewJason: youre a skinny man who looks like a junkie"

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Strange1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:22 AM #42
tigar19
IYAOYAS - NE Enforcers
 
tigar19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: newport news
tigar19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
News channel needs ratings. Spins viewer email into a news story about popular topics such as bullying and obesity. Everyone talks about it. News channel smirks.
__________________
IYAOYAS - N.E. Enforcers

tigar19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump