Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 02:23 PM #1387
Space Pope
 
 
Space Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
That is rather exspensive. Before the nonsense that stuff was like $9 a box. There should be no appreciable difference in wear to your rifle under normal use with steel cased ammo. It is no differen from Brown/Silver bear save for the case coating.
Space Pope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2013, 02:59 PM #1388
carcrazycorey
Meow
 
carcrazycorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
carcrazycorey helped look for balloons
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Pope View Post
That is rather exspensive. Before the nonsense that stuff was like $9 a box. There should be no appreciable difference in wear to your rifle under normal use with steel cased ammo. It is no differen from Brown/Silver bear save for the case coating.
Well I decided to get that for some plinking and I got some Winchester silver tips for zeroing my scope in since that's what I'll be using to hunt with. At $14 a box it's the cheapest I can find around
carcrazycorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM #1389
carcrazycorey
Meow
 
carcrazycorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
carcrazycorey helped look for balloons
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Brother is looking for a makarov/gun that shoots 9x18

Is there an actual makarov? Are they they the soviet and Bulgarian ones imported? What do they usually run? I've heard good things about Cz82's and PA-63's I just don't know the difference between all these "makarov's" they all look similar
carcrazycorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:34 PM #1390
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT
 
Muff Muff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CC/Arlington, Texas
__________________
WHATABURGER
"Idiots neither forgive, nor forget. Intelligent people forgive and forget, but a true Wise Man forgives, but NEVER forgets."
Muff Muff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM #1391
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 PM #1392
Xanatos903 (Banned)
Assault weapons kill kids
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SOCMOB
Xanatos903 is Legendary
Nice, should be a solid little gun. That's the Troy Alpha on there, right?
Xanatos903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:37 PM #1393
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Yessir. First impressions of the rail are good. Now to put it through Cokeman's stick test.


The scope is nice too. A bit on the heavier side but it's not bad. I think I'm going to like this a lot more than my Diamondback. May end up selling it and getting another Viper HS.

I'm sure some of you have seen this, but I still find the last two minutes hilarious.
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."

Last edited by BodyCount81 : 02-05-2013 at 07:40 PM.
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:15 AM #1394
Space Pope
 
 
Space Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazycorey View Post
Brother is looking for a makarov/gun that shoots 9x18

Is there an actual makarov? Are they they the soviet and Bulgarian ones imported? What do they usually run? I've heard good things about Cz82's and PA-63's I just don't know the difference between all these "makarov's" they all look similar
Real Makarovs that you are the German, Bulgarian, Russian, and Chinese ones. The rest are chambered in the caliber but are different designs. The CZ vz.82 is probably the best of the 9x18mm pistols. FEG made a few, the PA63, AP9M and SMC-918 are a couple of them that you can find over here. The Polish had the P64 and P83. They are all pretty good pistols. You should be able to get any of these for under $300.
Space Pope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 AM #1395
A Contract Killer
 
 
A Contract Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Moscow
A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
Yessir. First impressions of the rail are good. Now to put it through Cokeman's stick test.


The scope is nice too. A bit on the heavier side but it's not bad. I think I'm going to like this a lot more than my Diamondback. May end up selling it and getting another Viper HS.

I'm sure some of you have seen this, but I still find the last two minutes hilarious.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjNwMOLulUQ[video]
While Piers Morgan is a twat, Ted Nugent is really not the kind of guy I want to be a representative of gun owners in this country to an uniformed audience.
__________________
-Rudy "The Captain" Martinez
A Contract Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:15 AM #1396
Xanatos903 (Banned)
Assault weapons kill kids
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SOCMOB
Xanatos903 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Contract Killer View Post
While Piers Morgan is a twat, Ted Nugent is really not the kind of guy I want to be a representative of gun owners in this country to an uniformed audience.
Ted's gone full retard. However, I think that he might have been good against Piers because he's able to yell over him.
Xanatos903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:38 AM #1397
A Contract Killer
 
 
A Contract Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Moscow
A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanatos903 View Post
Ted's gone full retard. However, I think that he might have been good against Piers because he's able to yell over him.
And here we have the problem. It is two idiots yelling at each other. Every time I see someone like him on TV defending gun rights I just keep thinking in my head, "Please, shut the **** up. Shut the **** up, shut the **** up."

All it does is make the average recreational shooter look like some radical fringe group who is out there trying to kill children, Congresswomen, the deer from Bambi and whatever else they can think of when in reality we're mostly just punching holes in paper and occasionally small to medium game animals.
__________________
-Rudy "The Captain" Martinez
A Contract Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:48 AM #1398
R2-D2
stormtroopers can't shoot
 
R2-D2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: A galaxy far, far away
R2-D2 is an NCPA player
R2-D2 plays in the APPA D4 division
yep. piers is pulling the bait and attack on gun rights advocates and embarrassing them on CNN, in front of a national audience that supposedly draws the most moderates. It really isn't good for the future of gun rights. people be sheep.
R2-D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:51 AM #1399
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
"Alright Piers! You get started on the guns and I'll work on the water! See ya at noon!" Hahahahah
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:06 PM #1400
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.
 
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: STL
Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Contract Killer View Post
Ted Nugent is really not the kind of guy I want to be a representative of gun owners in this country to an uniformed audience.
Dot.
__________________
Your questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ. Ask a Mod.
We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:11 PM #1401
carcrazycorey
Meow
 
carcrazycorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
carcrazycorey helped look for balloons
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Pope View Post

Real Makarovs that you are the German, Bulgarian, Russian, and Chinese ones. The rest are chambered in the caliber but are different designs. The CZ vz.82 is probably the best of the 9x18mm pistols. FEG made a few, the PA63, AP9M and SMC-918 are a couple of them that you can find over here. The Polish had the P64 and P83. They are all pretty good pistols. You should be able to get any of these for under $300.
I was at gander the other day and they had a P64 for $250 but the trigger pull was really bad in double action. There's a PA63 for $220 at the LGS and a Bulgarian for $320
carcrazycorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:29 PM #1402
PlantainBro
 
 
PlantainBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Got lucky and scored 20 boxes of 50 rounds (1000 rounds/1 case) of Blazer CCI 9mm from Palmettostatarmory or w.e, sold out like 2 min after I checked out, but it turns out they take like literally a month or two to ship.

Fuk. I mean I'm not in any hurry but I was hoping to have it shipped in a timely fashion. Thankfully I still have a bit of 9mm, but I had to take up this good deal in the current market economy ($298.xx shipped for 20 boxes, brass of course)

edit;

On a side note, recently scored 10 30rd brand new in wrapper foliage green pmags for $260.00 SHIPPED. not bad
PlantainBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 PM #1403
ALLCAPS (Banned)
that recipe
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
anyone know where I can find an alaskan survival derringer?
ALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 PM #1404
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantainBro View Post
Got lucky and scored 20 boxes of 50 rounds (1000 rounds/1 case) of Blazer CCI 9mm from Palmettostatarmory or w.e, sold out like 2 min after I checked out, but it turns out they take like literally a month or two to ship.

Fuk. I mean I'm not in any hurry but I was hoping to have it shipped in a timely fashion. Thankfully I still have a bit of 9mm, but I had to take up this good deal in the current market economy ($298.xx shipped for 20 boxes, brass of course)

edit;

On a side note, recently scored 10 30rd brand new in wrapper foliage green pmags for $260.00 SHIPPED. not bad
I ordered something from PSA the night before the panic started and my package arrived ~2 weeks later so you will probably be waiting a while.

It seems like prices are starting to creep down though.
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 AM #1405
Space Pope
 
 
Space Pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazycorey View Post
I was at gander the other day and they had a P64 for $250 but the trigger pull was really bad in double action. There's a PA63 for $220 at the LGS and a Bulgarian for $320
They are all going to have pretty terrible DA pulls. You can fix that with a $5 replacement mainspring from Wolff. My personal preference is the PA-63, but the P64 is a good pistol as well. You will want to change the recoil springs as well to help absorb some of the recoil. It is very stout in these little guns.
Space Pope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 AM #1406
dustingaunder
Torpedam Íverslag
 
dustingaunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Okrahoma
dustingaunder is Legendary
Sorta want a PA-63.
__________________
If you want my guns, come take them. Give it your best shot.
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood.
I have no problem going out the same way. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My Channel
Class 3 Designs, LLC
dustingaunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 AM #1407
carcrazycorey
Meow
 
carcrazycorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
carcrazycorey helped look for balloons
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
carcrazycorey has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Awesome, thanks guys. Gonna call the shop and see if they still have the PA63. $220 a good price?
carcrazycorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump