PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-19-2012, 11:47 AM #904
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
Kimbers get the rep they have because they put out soo damn many of them, there are bound to be issues. I will argue that a $500 1911 can most certainly work very well -- without any further mods. When owners start ****ing with em and swapping parts, then issues arise.

I didnt say there was anything special or magical about the 1911, but it isnt the horrid choice you all make it out to be.

In fact, ive seen more Glocks malfunction than 1911s in local competition and those guys arent using $3000 custom 1911s either.

Price isnt a huge thing either as the RIAs, Kimber CII, Springer RO, Rem R1, STI Spartan IV, and even the Ruger SR1911 are within the price range as several other tupperware designs. And any one of those options would run well for 90% of the buyers out there.

One aspect of the 1911 that I think people go for is the ability to customize to their liking - something you really cant do with a Glock, M&P, or other plastic fantastic

Last edited by IntenseImage : 12-19-2012 at 11:49 AM.
IntenseImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2012, 11:47 AM #905
Zerosignals
52nd street gang

has been a member for 10 years
Gonna pick up a handgun soon before they get outlawed. What should I look at, wanna try and keep it under 600$. Likely gonna get a .38 possibly .45

Jamin fan club
Zerosignals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:52 AM #906
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Glock in 9mm or .40 S&W

Will be the easiest for you to get now. 17/19/22/23
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:00 PM #907
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
So much pain in this thread
Old 12-19-2012, 12:03 PM #908
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosignals View Post
Gonna pick up a handgun soon before they get outlawed. What should I look at, wanna try and keep it under 600$. Likely gonna get a .38 possibly .45
Find a range that rents several of the items you are interested in and make your decision that way.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:04 PM #909
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
If you don't want to spend a lot of time training and learning to maintain a handgun a revolver is the way to go. A 4" or 6" Ruger or S&W in .357 Magnum would be an excellent choice. You can load .38 Special for practice, as it is cheaper, and use full-power .357 Magnum for defensive loads.

If you want an autoloader, stick with 9x19mm of .40 S&W. Any of the modern polymer handguns from respectable manufacturers (see below) would be a good choice. Just be sure to put in the time to practice, and understand for to clear malfunctions should they occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
Glock in 9mm or .40 S&W

Will be the easiest for you to get now. 17/19/22/23
Probably easier to pick a less popular but still good pistol like Walther, FN, or CZ. Glocks and related accessories are going to be gone with all the current nonsense.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:05 PM #910
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
Kimbers get the rep they have because they put out soo damn many of them, there are bound to be issues. I will argue that a $500 1911 can most certainly work very well -- without any further mods. When owners start ****ing with em and swapping parts, then issues arise.

I didnt say there was anything special or magical about the 1911, but it isnt the horrid choice you all make it out to be.

In fact, ive seen more Glocks malfunction than 1911s in local competition and those guys arent using $3000 custom 1911s either.

Price isnt a huge thing either as the RIAs, Kimber CII, Springer RO, Rem R1, STI Spartan IV, and even the Ruger SR1911 are within the price range as several other tupperware designs. And any one of those options would run well for 90% of the buyers out there.

One aspect of the 1911 that I think people go for is the ability to customize to their liking - something you really cant do with a Glock, M&P, or other plastic fantastic
Oh boy...

Whatever you say, friend-o.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:08 PM #911
CANADARM
'Pooker'

CANADARM is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Three high point 45s.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:09 PM #912
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
Oh boy...

Whatever you say, friend-o.
I forgot, if its not a CZ you and the rest of the OSST guys pitch a fit
Old 12-19-2012, 12:15 PM #913
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
I forgot, if its not a CZ you and the rest of the OSST guys pitch a fit
lolno.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:18 PM #914
ALLCAPS (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
wat

Did you read anything I typed?
I wasn't even replying to you.... so no, I didn't.
ALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:21 PM #915
ALLCAPS (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fock0 View Post
bunch of scrubs. "I wouldn't carry one on my concealed" on my concealed.. wtf you sound like an old *** man. Typical newb ****, who just found out what a 1911 was and thinks the Kimber is the end all be all.
Not really, I've always liked the look and feel of 1911's though I haven't shot one. I couldn't tell you when I first heard about them but it was probably something like 13 years ago. The Kimber ultra and super carries are cool to me as I personally wouldn't carry a standard 1911 on me (unless it was openly carried which is a no go in my state), sorry if I spelled **** wrong. Either way, you are Fock0 so no one gives a ****.

and on top of that there is no gun called "the Kimber" so no where did I say anything about "the Kimber" being the end all be all. Seems to me that with your logic if you ask questions about particular guns on here it makes you a "noob who just found out about that gun today." Sure I'm no pro when it comes to guns, I hardly know tit **** about them, but that's kind of sad you have to try and call people out for miss spelling one word in a post just because you have no other way to give you a false sense of confidence that you truly lack in the real life.

and also for those who aren't trotting along on a high horse everywhere they go, are Kimbers' 1911s any good at all (other than their price which is expensive to me, I am interested in them)? Anyone had personal experience with them. If they are **** then are there any other smaller 1911s out there that are better?

Last edited by ALLCAPS : 12-19-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:43 PM #916
CANADARM
'Pooker'

From what I've heard an read Kimbers are over-priced at the very least. Compact 1911s are gay as **** and usually don't run very well.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:49 PM #917
fock0
Don't Tread On Me.

fock0 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter View Post
Shut the **** up. Now I know why no one likes you.
you probably have a kimber and only own guns that have MIM parts.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:31 PM #918
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLCAPS View Post
and also for those who aren't trotting along on a high horse everywhere they go, are Kimbers' 1911s any good at all (other than their price which is expensive to me, I am interested in them)? Anyone had personal experience with them. If they are **** then are there any other smaller 1911s out there that are better?
Their basic models (Custom IIs) are good and can be found around $750. Like I said, mine has over 4000 rounds through it and not a single issue. All of the other offerings are nothing more than cosmetics for the most part. That is one reason people ***** about Kimbers. The cost for most models doesnt justify the price they ask. Even jumping to the TLE II line puts the price well into "better" gun territory and the difference between Custom II and TLE is front strap checkering and night sights.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:40 PM #919
lightning fast
Diligentia, Vis, Celerita

lightning fast is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
lightning fast is Legendary
I've owned a handful of Kimbers. They all sucked, and I'm happy to be rid of them. This includes one of their nicest models.

Kimber makes a **** product. Sorry to burst anybody's bubble, but it's true. Accept it, don't accept it... I don't care. It's not my money.

I want a chance to spit on somebody's baby. - Carthy, Detroit Strange
lightning fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:45 PM #920
CANADARM
'Pooker'

Only good thing from Kimber:

Old 12-19-2012, 01:47 PM #921
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
And the work/parts involved would bring the total cost of the "$500" 1911 too...?
Quite a bit, but I'm just saying.

Intenseimage, you are wrong on this one, sorry. I've shot the **** out of 1911's all of my life and I wouldn't trust my life to one because most arent built to a professional standard. Kimber is a budget brand 1911. The 1911 needs a lot of work which drives the cost up to be a reliable firearm. 4,000 rounds is not a lot.
tmanbuckhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:04 PM #922
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

You can say what you want ... ive seen the posts before about people *****ing. Maybe I got lucky with mine but its something I would trust MY life on as it has yet to let me down. Is 4000 rounds (since I got it in March of this year) a lot, no ... but honestly probably more than many people put through theirs in a lifetime.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 PM #923
ALLCAPS (Banned)

Meh whatever, I'm not looking for a fancy gun by any means. I just want a solid feeling and reliable pistol for shooting at a range. But I also want a gun that will last so that if I enjoy the feel of it, I can own it for years and years.

and I don't want to spend more than 700 or 800 MAX.

and I also want a model that has upgrading capabilities. Not just cosmetic parts but a gun than can be fitted with performance pieces.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:44 PM #924
rammstein_5v2
Idontfeelanditfeelsgreat

Bhp

How consistent
How can someone so consistently mess up as much as
Every instance
How can someone inconsistent mess up so consistently
rammstein_5v2 is offline   Reply With Quote