Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-13-2012, 06:01 PM #1
deaallen

Question Whats the benefits of the QEV and the Firebolt and which to get first

As the title says, im wondering whats the actual benefits of upgrading to the QEV and firebolt and which one I would see the best results from.

I have tried looking but theres nothing that really describes what these upgrades actually do, they just say the typical "more efficient" or "smother shot" but I was hoping for some real figures to know which to buy first

Cheers
deaallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2012, 06:38 PM #2
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
I don't own either one of those upgrades, but i have heard great things about the qev. I heard it makes the gun more efficient and allows the bolt to cycle much faster. Everyone says its worth the money and is the first upgrade you should buy. As for the firebolt, i have heard different things. I've heard that it isn't worth the money because you can't even notice the difference. It's supposed to make the gun shoot smoother and be more efficient, but i heard the difference between it and the stock bolt in terms of smoothness are negligable. As for the claims of better efficiency, im not exactly sure.

The qev is only really necessary if you plan on shooting at high rates of fire. I own an envy with the stock board and it can easily do the 11 bps its advertised to do, without any upgrades. If you own an extcy and play speedball where high rates of fire are sustained, then i would buy the qev. Otherwise, i suggest you spend that money on something else like a better barrel, mask, tank etc.

Last edited by Danny96211 : 11-13-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 AM #3
deaallen

Ah well thats good to know about the QEV, but tbh its for my g1 which i only use for woodsball so rof isnt really too important for me, does anyone have any experiance of the TechT L7 bolt? From the looks of that it sounds like that could be a worthwhile upgrade!
Old 11-14-2012, 06:17 PM #4
pbstar1987

You are putting words in my mouth. I would not really recommend the fire bolt because its mass is not all much smaller than the stock. The rev is a great upgrade to invest in. I have both of these upgrades installed in my eXTCY. It is nice being able to cycle the gun fast, but I only go to 12bps anyways (field limit/ cannot afford any faster If you are thinking upgrade on the bolt, I would go for the L7. There is noticeably less kick with this bolt. It makes the gun shoot smooth.
pbstar1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 AM #5
deaallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstar1987 View Post
If you are thinking upgrade on the bolt, I would go for the L7. There is noticeably less kick with this bolt. It makes the gun shoot smooth.
Exactly what I wanted to know, most fields here in the UK are capped to 10.5 bps so although the QEV is undoubtedly a worthwhile upgrade I think a softer shot would be of more benefit for me personally (which is why I've just ordered the L7 )

Saying that I'm still probably going to order a QEV later on, for the increased efficiency
Old 11-15-2012, 07:14 PM #6
pbstar1987

Great! Let me know how you like it. The qev will always be there when you need one
pbstar1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:09 AM #7
Killa Daddy Of Two
Killa Daddy of Two

Killa Daddy Of Two is playing at Living Legends V
Killa Daddy Of Two owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Killa Daddy Of Two has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Killa Daddy Of Two is attending Decay of Nations VI
I have the L7 on my Sp1, and it is awesome. I can cycle all the way down into around 200 psi on my tank, and the sound signature is so much less then the factory bolt. Also, now that it is much lighter, I can adjust the dwell, and speed up the ROF much faster.
Killa Daddy Of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 AM #8
GOG Paintball
http://g1og.com

Annual Supporting Member
GOG Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMJiu...layer_embedded

GOG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 PM #9
Reactor
Kansas State Paintball#22

Reactor is playing at Living Legends VI
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is an NCPA player
I own a GOG extcy and have installed both the 360 qev and Techt L7 bolt. Both of these upgrades have allowed the marker's dwell to be substantially lowered. My marker now fires consistently 10+bps around the 15 to 14 ms mark depending on the outside temperature. The qev should be purchased first imo as it can both increase efficiency and Rof. As for the bolt, there is noticeably less recoil and faster cycling. Be forewarned however, that the o-rings for this bolt are very specific and MUST be bought from TechT. I tried using several standard o-ring kits to no avail. If you get this bolt, buy an o-ring kit because one will go out, and you won't find an alternative. Unfortunately the field I frequent does not air to 4.5K, only 3K, and currently I get one dye rotor hopper full and 3.5 dye lock lids of paint per air fill in my 50in^3/4500. Its not a ton, but gets me though each game easily.
KSUPBC #22
Proud Vanguard Demon owner
Proud Vanguard Creed owner
Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote