Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 08:58 PM #1
B Baller
 
 
B Baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
B Baller plays in the PSP
FT screw damaged

I was installing the FT screw on a new luxe 2 and apparently bottomed it too hard into the manifold and the head snapped off before it felt remotely tight. It seems to stay in place, but does it need to make some type of seal with that o-ring or is it doing its job the way it is?
B Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2012, 09:13 PM #2
habicabi
PCU
 
habicabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
habicabi plays in the APPA D4 division
First off: You need you be EXTREMELY careful with the feathertouch screw. Just snug it and that's all you need. I've gone through a couple feathertouch screws already.

As long as the oring is still on there and it seals off the air, you're fine. I had this happen. The head was broken off and I left it in there and the feathertouch was activated.

To remove the stripped screw I picked out the oring first to loosen the screw, then used some really small precision tweezers.


Later on if you need some screws, I picked mine up at Punisherspb.com. DLX can also help you out, I was just buying some stuff from Punisherspb at the time so I threw some in my order.

Last edited by habicabi : 05-06-2012 at 09:16 PM.
habicabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:51 PM #3
B Baller
 
 
B Baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
B Baller plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by habicabi View Post
First off: You need you be EXTREMELY careful with the feathertouch screw. Just snug it and that's all you need. I've gone through a couple feathertouch screws already.

As long as the oring is still on there and it seals off the air, you're fine. I had this happen. The head was broken off and I left it in there and the feathertouch was activated.

To remove the stripped screw I picked out the oring first to loosen the screw, then used some really small precision tweezers.


Later on if you need some screws, I picked mine up at Punisherspb.com. DLX can also help you out, I was just buying some stuff from Punisherspb at the time so I threw some in my order.
You are indeed right, the oring and screw are still in there. the head basically snapped in the middle so the piece left has a hole through it for the allen key. I'm just going to leave it in there for now.

I'm entirely new to luxe in general, air seems to come from this general area when I fire right or does that mean the FT is leaking? its new so its not as smooth/quiet as my friends 1.0 but its good, 294-297fps, nothing weird going on.
B Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:59 PM #4
lioutlaws316
ITS OVER 9000!!!
 
lioutlaws316's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: longisland
lioutlaws316 donated to help Peyton Trent
lioutlaws316 plays in the APPA D4 division
lioutlaws316 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
lioutlaws316 is Legendary
lioutlaws316 supports DLX Technology
Do you mean there is a puff of air out the back of the gun when you shoot?

If so that is normal.
__________________
Girl <3 >>Empire2k5<<
I LIKE THAT
I LOVE SELENA GOMEZ
lioutlaws316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:08 AM #5
B Baller
 
 
B Baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
B Baller plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioutlaws316 View Post
Do you mean there is a puff of air out the back of the gun when you shoot?

If so that is normal.
There is also a puff of air directly from the FT hole with the grips off (not below in the noid area)

I'm almost sure that despite the head being missing, the screw seems to be intact/not easily removable without tools
B Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:30 AM #6
hscpaintballa
 
 
hscpaintballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Annual Supporting Member
hscpaintballa plays in the PSP
hscpaintballa is playing at Living Legends VI
hscpaintballa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hscpaintballa supports Team VICIOUS
hscpaintballa plays in the APPA D3 division
hscpaintballa supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Baller View Post
There is also a puff of air directly from the FT hole with the grips off (not below in the noid area)

I'm almost sure that despite the head being missing, the screw seems to be intact/not easily removable without tools
I have the same puff of air out of my FT on my 2.0, it feels very strong actually... my 1.5 does not. of course the 1.5 did not have the access for the FT by just removing the grips. Im interested to see the answer to this question.
hscpaintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:48 AM #7
B Baller
 
 
B Baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
B Baller plays in the PSP
I was able to get the FT screw out, the o-ring was basically holding it so without the head it wasn't tight at all and came out with a pick going around in circles.

Darryl is sending out another screw

For anybody that may be wondering, if the screw is damaged like this you do not have FT working. the gun shoots the same with the damaged portion out.
B Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:16 AM #8
phillysteve
Theft Patrol
 
phillysteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philly
Annual Supporting Member
phillysteve is a Moderator
phillysteve is Legendary
Anyone know the o-ring size for FT screw?
__________________
Phillysteve's guide to track down anyone: _CLICK_
LVP SOUTH, Hatfield, PA
DLX Luxe
GLOCK 19

Last edited by phillysteve : 10-19-2012 at 11:26 AM.
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump