Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-03-2012, 08:27 AM #22
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

My local fields are awesome for pricing.

Outdoor summertime field: $50 case & entry or $15 entry with BYOP, free air fills.
Indoor winter field: $90 case & entry or $25 entry with BYOP, free air fills.

The indoor one is noticeably more expensive, but they have more overhead because of their downtown location and their insurance and building costs. I understand this, so I don't mind paying it. I'm a regular at both fields, so I can BYOP pretty much whenever I want.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 AM #23
Paintball_is_LIFE

Indiana paintball barn. It's all field paint only. They have 5 fields including 2 full blow up fields.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:12 AM #24
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball_is_LIFE View Post
Indiana paintball barn. It's all field paint only. They have 5 fields including 2 full blow up fields.
Next time you are there you may want to tell them to update their website. Because what you said "...45 for air and a case and entry..." is definitely not what they have listed on the site.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 PM #25
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
I think its funny when I see all these kids with all this gear and newest guns then they are asking to "borrow" paint... seriously? WTF. Dont buy a new 1200 gun, settle for a cheaper one and use the difference in paint!! or parents.. why you buying your kid such an expensive gun but not giving him $ to play?

Anyway, I agree. Thats my main problem, I know the field has to make money which I dont mind. But, seriously, $70 for a case of **** paint is horrible especially when its fpo, paint thats worth like $30 a case.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 PM #26
jesse370

jesse370 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I play at quick shot, probably the nicest air air ball field in jersey, best field best prices for entry and paint. Win win
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 PM #27
210Maverick
Buddha Fett

I play at paintball knights in San Antonio.
45 for cheap paint
50 for mid grade
55 for tournament grade
210Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 PM #28
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme
I think its funny when I see all these kids with all this gear and newest guns then they are asking to "borrow" paint... seriously? WTF. Dont buy a new 1200 gun, settle for a cheaper one and use the difference in paint!! or parents.. why you buying your kid such an expensive gun but not giving him $ to play?

Anyway, I agree. Thats my main problem, I know the field has to make money which I dont mind. But, seriously, $70 for a case of **** paint is horrible especially when its fpo, paint thats worth like $30 a case.
First part of your rant makes no sense. If I buy my son a Luxe 2.0 at $1500 today (if I had a son) what does that have to do with him running out of paint on Saturday? How much money is he supposed to carry on the field at a time? It easy to use up all your paint and have no more money on hand, at that particular moment, to get more.

Second part of your post, I agree in part. $70 for white box would be ridiculous. I too would expect at least half way decent rec paint. But still I understand mark-up.

On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 PM #29
tylerdunigan
Noob

Only field I've played at in my area, charges $10 for entry/air. $20 for gun/mask rental/entry/air. Pretty cheap I think. Im not positive on what paint is though, we've always brought our own.
tylerdunigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 PM #30
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
First part of your rant makes no sense. If I buy my son a Luxe 2.0 at $1500 today (if I had a son) what does that have to do with him running out of paint on Saturday? How much money is he supposed to carry on the field at a time? It easy to use up all your paint and have no more money on hand, at that particular moment, to get more.

Second part of your post, I agree in part. $70 for white box would be ridiculous. I too would expect at least half way decent rec paint. But still I understand mark-up.
What I am saying is, these people spend all this money, then drop them off at the field (all day babysitter) and figure that enough $ for 500 balls is enough when shooting a gun like that, which it is for some but to a 13-15 y/o kid, realistically, its not. Its like everything in life, you have to pay to play. I'd expect them to at least pony up the dough for a case of paint. I know you're going to argue maybe they dont have the money for it. Well, if you have enough money to buy your kid a gun like that, then you have enough to pay for him to play. If your kid has enough money to buy himself a marker like that, then I'd expect him to realize he's going to need $ to play.

Mark up, its understood here too buddy, the field paint here is $68, its good paint for rec ball. I dont mind paying it. They take care of it a lot better than they used to too. But, this same field, USED to charge almost $80 I believe for stuff that I'd rather shoot white box. Even then, I didnt mind paying it but, it got to the point where it was such ****ty paint, there wasn't even a point in shooting at someone.

With that being said, I can barely use up a case myself during a day of play (10a-3p) for me. I have a axe and a dm6. I usually end up with enough for my next outing. But, I usually only carry a hopper and a pod out on the field for each game. If I know what field we are going to and I know its usually a hour or so game, I'll take 2 or maybe load up. I feel its helping me become a better player by carrying less ammo.

Last edited by rexisme : 10-03-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:27 AM #31
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme

What I am saying is, these people spend all this money, then drop them off at the field (all day babysitter) and figure that enough $ for 500 balls is enough when shooting a gun like that, which it is for some but to a 13-15 y/o kid, realistically, its not. Its like everything in life, you have to pay to play. I'd expect them to at least pony up the dough for a case of paint. I know you're going to argue maybe they dont have the money for it. Well, if you have enough money to buy your kid a gun like that, then you have enough to pay for him to play. If your kid has enough money to buy himself a marker like that, then I'd expect him to realize he's going to need $ to play.
No that I won't argue. Leaving a kid with only enough money for a single bag would simply be moronic. That's a hopper and maybe 2 1/2 pods. I would expect them to give them enough for at least a case as well.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 AM #32
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
No that I won't argue. Leaving a kid with only enough money for a single bag would simply be moronic. That's a hopper and maybe 2 1/2 pods. I would expect them to give them enough for at least a case as well.
I guess it depends on which field they go to. If parents were to give kids enough money for a case at our field (we encourage low paintball usage) I would consider that moronic.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20 AM #33
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdunigan View Post
Only field I've played at in my area, charges $10 for entry/air. $20 for gun/mask rental/entry/air. Pretty cheap I think. Im not positive on what paint is though, we've always brought our own.
What is the name of this field? I find that almost impossible to believe. How any field can survive on $10/$20 a person is just beyond believeable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I guess it depends on which field they go to. If parents were to give kids enough money for a case at our field (we encourage low paintball usage) I would consider that moronic.

Perhaps I should have left a disclaimer that my comments referred to fields that didn't charge over $200 a case LOL

Last edited by Soul06 : 10-04-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:18 PM #34
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
My local field charges 65 for a case and 30 for entry/all day air. Its pretty expensive considering there are only 5 small fields. The speedball field still isnt up. I can understand how its so expensive though because its in the city so taxes are probably high.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:23 PM #35
brendans0cool

brendans0cool has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
brendans0cool has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
15 for entry
60 for a case of heat
70 for a case of premium
75 for a case of evil
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 PM #36
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
For me I go to two fields, free entrance at both. At one I get $35 a case and at the other I get $50 a case, however I only half a bag per day.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM #37
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Perhaps I should have left a disclaimer that my comments referred to fields that didn't charge over $200 a case LOL
lol exactly. "Limited ammo" fields are their own animal.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:36 PM #38
Soul06

Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny96211 View Post
My local field charges 65 for a case and 30 for entry/all day air. Its pretty expensive considering there are only 5 small fields. The speedball field still isnt up. I can understand how its so expensive though because its in the city so taxes are probably high.
Cousin's Staten Island right?

Old 10-04-2012, 04:07 PM #39
jmcgarrell
Ginja!

Annual Supporting Member
jmcgarrell owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jmcgarrell owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jmcgarrell owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendans0cool View Post
15 for entry
60 for a case of heat
70 for a case of premium
75 for a case of evil
Thats a nice markup for the heat..... If its the same heat I purchase, its $35 - $40 around here lol
jmcgarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:46 PM #40
Tempted (Banned)

Ever tried to buy a beer and a hotdog at a ball park? Same thing.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:56 PM #41
papitojr

Actually, depending on how much you drink, paintball may be cheaper!
papitojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:50 PM #42
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
You charge $160 for a case of paint. ANYONE paying that is what I would consider moronic. Hey,I did see that a hotdog and pop is included, at least you provide food after that f'ing!

Last edited by rexisme : 10-05-2012 at 04:53 PM.