Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 AM #295
dyeeepaintballlllll
 
 
dyeeepaintballlllll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
dyeeepaintballlllll owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dyeeepaintballlllll supports Team VICIOUS
dyeeepaintballlllll has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dyeeepaintballlllll supports DLX Technology
at my field entry and air comes out to 40 but i do get to bring my own paint and they have about 4 specials a month i try to go on the days then entry and air is only27
dyeeepaintballlllll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2012, 03:57 AM #296
paintballcrazy94
 
 
paintballcrazy94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario,Canada
paintballcrazy94 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
paintballcrazy94 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballcrazy94 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballcrazy94 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballcrazy94 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyeeepaintballlllll View Post
at my field entry and air comes out to 40 but i do get to bring my own paint and they have about 4 specials a month i try to go on the days then entry and air is only27
that is an amazing good deal ^^^

my field it comes to 65 bucks for a case of paint and entry and air and thats the cheapest field around!! everywhere else its like 90 for everything.. paintball is getting pricey
__________________
Retired from Paintball! I will return soon PBNation!
paintballcrazy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:10 PM #297
pballer0303
shreddin the gnar
 
pballer0303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Duluth
pballer0303 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Damn Im lucky...

I pay no field fee (30 bucks a YEAR for a season pass), and 40 bucks a case for valken redemption, which is 65 bucks a case online.
pballer0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:22 PM #298
millerkiller
R.I.P Jason Leffler
 
millerkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Va
millerkiller supports Team VICIOUS
millerkiller supports Team VICIOUS
millerkiller supports Team VICIOUS
millerkiller supports Empire
10-15 for field and air
55-75 for paint
millerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:25 PM #299
Nitestalker
 
 
Nitestalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beaver Dam
no field fee no air fee byop or can by thier valken paint for lowest around.
__________________
Pandemic Speedball Team. &
Grim Reapers Scenario Paintball Team
http://grimreaperspaintball.webs.com/
Sponsored by: HPS, Empire Paintball, My wallet
Nitestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:49 AM #300
icehouse1
 
 
icehouse1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown, KY
I have read a lot of the posts on this topic and I must say, there is a lot of differing opinions on it! LOL!! I believe that the types of games/fields that you offer, kind of dictate the types of gear that you will see on the field. Honestly, most speedball players are not as likely to hit the woodsball field if there is a speedball field set up and running. The opposite is true for most woodsball players. I agree that blowing thru paint in the woods is really stupid ( just my opinion ), but blowing thru paint on the speedball field is and has always been, a given.

I am 46 and love to play both. We have our own private field that we play at as well as the field that "Nitestalker" mentioned above. We are not in it for the money, we are in it for the fun. So I am not going to say anything about pricing! When we play in the woods, I usually carry a full loadout, but that is because we will run several games back to back. In other words, we don't go back to our staging area. Now, if we are playing on our speedball field, I will go thru 3~5 pods easily. I am older with bad knees, therefore I play back a lot.

As I have said, you all have valued opinions that will help others in determining what is best for their style of play, but no one here has the perfect answer to our issues at hand. Paint prices are up to the owners.

In closing, I do have one question tho.. I have noticed the price of used markers going down, more and more. Why is this if paintball is not dying, here in the states? I fear that it is just a couple of years before it will be gone in my part of the country and I will definitely miss it..

We have a saying at our field... "where else can you shoot the crap out of somebody and not go to jail"? We love the intense play..

I know that I am going to catch flack for this, but it is our way of play, and yes, we have new people out all of the time. They like the intense style of play as well as the woods, slower speeds.

Last edited by icehouse1 : 12-23-2012 at 07:43 AM.
icehouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:57 AM #301
s2master
 
 
s2master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehouse1 View Post
I have read a lot of the posts on this topic and I must say, there is a lot of differing opinions on it! LOL!! I believe that the types of games/fields that you offer, kind of dictate the types of gear that you will see on the field. Honestly, most speedball players are not as likely to hit the woodsball field if there is a speedball field set up and running. The opposite is true for most woodsball players. I agree that blowing thru paint in the woods is really stupid ( just my opinion ), but blowing thru paint on the speedball field is and has always been, a given.

I am 46 and love to play both. We have our own private field that we play at as well as the field that "Nitestalker" mentioned above. We are not in it for the money, we are in it for the fun. So I am not going to say anything about pricing! When we play in the woods, I usually carry a full loadout, but that is because we will run several games back to back. In other words, we don't go back to our staging area. Now, if we are playing on our speedball field, I will go thru 3~5 pods easily. I am older with bad knees, therefore I play back a lot.

As I have said, you all have valued opinions that will help others in determining what is best for their style of play, but no one here has the perfect answer to our issues at hand. Paint prices are up to the owners.

In closing, I do have one question tho.. I have noticed the price of used markers going down, more and more. Why is this if paintball is not dying, here in the states? I fear that it is just a couple of years before it will be gone in my part of the country and I will definitely miss it..

We have a saying at our field... "where else can you shoot the crap out of somebody and not go to jail"? We love the intense play..

I know that I am going to catch flack for this, but it is our way of play, and yes, we have new people out all of the time. They like the intense style of play as well as the woods, slower speeds.
What This thread is to post your paint / field prices. Nothing in your post has anything to do with it.

Any ways at my local field
10.00 for entry
60.00 for case of paint
__________________
S2 4 -LiFe
s2master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:21 AM #302
icehouse1
 
 
icehouse1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2master View Post
What This thread is to post your paint / field prices. Nothing in your post has anything to do with it.

Any ways at my local field
10.00 for entry
60.00 for case of paint
If you read the entire thread, you will notice that a lot of arguments have been going on. I was just simply stating that the style of play and the amenities, can dictate the prices.

Last edited by icehouse1 : 12-23-2012 at 10:25 AM.
icehouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:45 PM #303
Joe Trumbo
 
 
Joe Trumbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southern california
Joe Trumbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06
I'm amazed that people still dont get it when it comes to paint prices. Do you all really think your little $20/$25/$30 admission fee is going to keep those fields in business? Seriously? They are there to make money. Not just give you a place to play.

Most fields that even allow BYOP tend to charge more for admission + separate renters costs. But bottomline they have overhead. They have salaries to pay, insurance to pay, rent or property taxes, costs for field maintenance, supplies, etc etc etc. And after all that the owners need to have enough left to turn a profit and make running a field worth while.
I totally understand this which makes paintballs growth even harder with this economy as well. But with high costs its hard to promote paintball to a crowd of people that dont understand/know the extreme pleasure and thrill we get from playing it. I dont know how or if paintball will ever get over the cost factor. There are MASSIVE hurdles it needs to clear before i can see paintball becoming a huge sport
Joe Trumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:01 PM #304
Bump_Pitch
 
 
Bump_Pitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Carolina
Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The field I work at charges 13 dollars for all day entry/air. And about 50 for Allstar (we don't have draxxus)
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:44 AM #305
happyretard
 
 
happyretard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
I'm amazed that people still dont get it when it comes to paint prices. Do you all really think your little $20/$25/$30 admission fee is going to keep those fields in business? Seriously? They are there to make money. Not just give you a place to play.

Most fields that even allow BYOP tend to charge more for admission + separate renters costs. But bottomline they have overhead. They have salaries to pay, insurance to pay, rent or property taxes, costs for field maintenance, supplies, etc etc etc. And after all that the owners need to have enough left to turn a profit and make running a field worth while.
My field is not too bad 20 e/a 55 case. but some the other are crazy. I also race motocross and Its nuts to me that it that it cost more to go play paint ball then to go ride/practice at a motocross track. The tracks only charge 25 to ride, they don't try to make u buy over priced gas from them. I know they have more overhead than a paint-ball field. 1st they have to have lot more land they have insurance, salaries, property tax, just the same and I promise their maintenance is way higher 1st they have to own and operate large equipment. maintenance everyday before they open tilling the track fixing jump faces watering the hole track is allot just in fuel for all that equipment. These field that are charging that much are just going to cut their own nuts when nobody can afford to play. Most fields would probably be lot more busy and make more money if they lowered their price. I'm always trying to get more friends into coming out and playing but they don't have extra 100 or so for them and their kid to go and play for the day, very often. they could make it on the entry and air fee. IMO all fields should be free BYOP or if they only want one kind of paint on the field they should sell it at their cost.
happyretard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:47 AM #306
paintballoliver
#58
 
paintballoliver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, TX
paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D5 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyretard View Post
My field is not too bad 20 e/a 55 case. but some the other are crazy. I also race motocross and Its nuts to me that it that it cost more to go play paint ball then to go ride/practice at a motocross track. The tracks only charge 25 to ride, they don't try to make u buy over priced gas from them. I know they have more overhead than a paint-ball field. 1st they have to have lot more land they have insurance, salaries, property tax, just the same and I promise their maintenance is way higher 1st they have to own and operate large equipment. maintenance everyday before they open tilling the track fixing jump faces watering the hole track is allot just in fuel for all that equipment. These field that are charging that much are just going to cut their own nuts when nobody can afford to play. Most fields would probably be lot more busy and make more money if they lowered their price. I'm always trying to get more friends into coming out and playing but they don't have extra 100 or so for them and their kid to go and play for the day, very often. they could make it on the entry and air fee. IMO all fields should be free BYOP or if they only want one kind of paint on the field they should sell it at their cost.
If you owned a field with this tactic you would not be open very long.
__________________
"Originally posted by Zippin35:
disclaimer- Again please dont use live animals. Instead, put an hk sticker on a pod and offer it to an agglet if he will be your target for a day"
paintballoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 AM #307
happyretard
 
 
happyretard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballoliver View Post
If you owned a field with this tactic you would not be open very long.
Funny how so many MX tracks stay open with this tactic and have way more overhead.
happyretard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:04 PM #308
universal_dave
TIP#001
 
universal_dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Annual Supporting Member
universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyretard View Post
Funny how so many MX tracks stay open with this tactic and have way more overhead.
I'm sure in your head you think you're making a cogent point...but from the outside it's pretty clear all you're engaging in is the internet's favorite sport of "baseless assertion".

You don't have any *actual* knowledge of the cost basis for either business...but don't let a small thing like "actual knowledge" stop you.
__________________
DMc

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:09 PM #309
RedShirt2008
Dirty 907 Ball
 
RedShirt2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Annual Supporting Member
RedShirt2008 is BST Trusted
RedShirt2008 plays in the PSP
RedShirt2008 plays in the APPA D5 division
RedShirt2008 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
RedShirt2008 supports DLX Technology
At one field in Wasilla, AK I pay $50 cause I have a year membership (free entry and air. just pay for case) and in Anchorage I pay $90. It depends on the owner and the location. Alaska its hard for you to get gear. There are no pro shops so you can get discounted prices on anything and you have to order everything online. It also depends on if the owners make a lot of money outside of the field to support it without having to worry about charging people paint prices. But here is an issue with BYOP. Liability and injury issues cause they can't regulate how the paint is stored..
__________________
EKK Elite
United States Air Force
Set ups
RedShirt2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:01 PM #310
happyretard
 
 
happyretard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by universal_dave View Post
I'm sure in your head you think you're making a cogent point...but from the outside it's pretty clear all you're engaging in is the internet's favorite sport of "baseless assertion".

You don't have any *actual* knowledge of the cost basis for either business...but don't let a small thing like "actual knowledge" stop you.
Funny how you say I'm engaging in the Internets favorite sport of "baseless assertion" when that is exactly what you are doing. What *actual knowledge* to you have of what experience I have in either sport?
I will admit my knowledge of paint-ball is not as great as it is of motocross, since my family owns and operated a mx track. Ive been around this sport my whole life, 33 now. Only been around paint-ball about a year. So since your so informed on everything you tell me where there is the higher overhead in paintball.
Now reading some of these post some of the peoples field where real reasonable but some where just out outrageous. I understand the 20-30 a person entry and air but not them marking up the price of paint, that is expensive enough as is.
I understand the no BOYP for liability reason's, but the field owner (i would think) would buy their paint in bulk for a bulk price and could pass this on to the players, to help the sport that supports them. And some had little to no entry fee but did make up on the paint. That is understandable too.
happyretard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:03 PM #311
happyretard
 
 
happyretard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirt2008 View Post
At one field in Wasilla, AK I pay $50 cause I have a year membership (free entry and air. just pay for case) and in Anchorage I pay $90. It depends on the owner and the location. Alaska its hard for you to get gear. There are no pro shops so you can get discounted prices on anything and you have to order everything online. It also depends on if the owners make a lot of money outside of the field to support it without having to worry about charging people paint prices. But here is an issue with BYOP. Liability and injury issues cause they can't regulate how the paint is stored..
What do yall pay for a year membership?
happyretard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:04 PM #312
universal_dave
TIP#001
 
universal_dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Annual Supporting Member
universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyretard View Post
Funny how you say I'm engaging in the Internets favorite sport of "baseless assertion" when that is exactly what you are doing. What *actual knowledge* to you have of what experience I have in either sport?
I will admit my knowledge of paint-ball is not as great as it is of motocross, since my family owns and operated a mx track. Ive been around this sport my whole life, 33 now. Only been around paint-ball about a year. So since your so informed on everything you tell me where there is the higher overhead in paintball.
Now reading some of these post some of the peoples field where real reasonable but some where just out outrageous. I understand the 20-30 a person entry and air but not them marking up the price of paint, that is expensive enough as is.
I understand the no BOYP for liability reason's, but the field owner (i would think) would buy their paint in bulk for a bulk price and could pass this on to the players, to help the sport that supports them. And some had little to no entry fee but did make up on the paint. That is understandable too.
So now you jump to a claim of authority...awesome!

So, "your family" runs a business. Great. How familiar are you with the books, *really*? Have *you* run the business? It would seem unlikely.

You're willing to continue to assert that the cost of your family business is higher than that of a PB field, which you openly point out you have no real idea of.

I am positive that in your head you're convinced you know some things....from the outside, you are doing a decent job of proving the opposite.

I haven't run a paintball field, I haven't run an MX facility...that doesn't mean I don't have the ability to call out a fool who makes categorical statements that should really be reserved for the responsible parties in either of those businesses (which, you certainly don't appear to be).
__________________
DMc

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:19 PM #313
happyretard
 
 
happyretard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by universal_dave View Post
So now you a claim of authority...awesome!jump to

So, "your family" runs a business. Great. How familiar are you with the books, *really*? Have *you* run the business? It would seem unlikely.

You're willing to continue to assert that the cost of your family business is higher than that of a PB field, which you openly point out you have no real idea of.

I am positive that in your head you're convinced you know some things....from the outside, you are doing a decent job of proving the opposite.

I haven't run a paintball field, I haven't run an MX facility...that doesn't mean I don't have the ability to call out a fool who makes categorical statements that should really be reserved for the responsible parties in either of those businesses (which, you certainly don't appear to be).
Buddy you need to look in the mirror and take your own damn advise.

So how the hell did I jump to the claim of authority? Your the one one here telling people they shouldn't speak their opinion, because you think they are wrong and don't know what they are talking about. Apparently you don't know **** so why do you keep posting. All you have done is assume ****. You don't know what I have and have not done so why do you keep posting that you think you do?
I never said what these fields can and cant do. I just originally post that I think it is crazy that it cost more to go play paintball then to ride mx.
I read lot of you previous post, all you do is argue with everyone and claim their morons or fools that know nothing. Looks to me you are the fool. Your like arguing with a teenage kid, so on that note I'm done wasting my time with you.
happyretard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:13 PM #314
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Don't mind universal dave. He's the perpetual devil's advocate: whatever you say, he'll argue with you about it in an annoying condescending tone that makes it seem like he's well spoken and knowledgeable; but really all he does is insult and troll.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 12-28-2012 at 05:15 PM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 PM #315
universal_dave
TIP#001
 
universal_dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Annual Supporting Member
universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyretard View Post
So how the hell did I jump to the claim of authority?
The answer would be here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyretard View Post
...since my family owns and operated a mx track. Ive been around this sport my whole life, 33 now.
That's you implying that your experience gives you some expertise, but usually the "expertise" isn't (and sure doesn't seem so in your case). It's one of the basic logical fallacies. There's this tool called Google, it's pretty useful in looking up terms you're unfamiliar with, so you don't have to continue to show your *** on the internet.

Quote:
Your the one one here telling people they shouldn't speak their opinion, because you think they are wrong and don't know what they are talking about.
I have no problem with informed opinions...but that's not even close to what you offered. You stated as categorical fact things it is exceedingly unlikely you actually know. Do you need a lesson on the difference between opinion and fact as well?

Quote:
I never said what these fields can and cant do. I just originally post that I think it is crazy that it cost more to go play paintball then to ride mx.
That's underselling what you said by a wide margin...now, I can understand stepping back from your baseless assertions...being that they're baseless and all, but pretending you didn't make them is crap.

Quote:
I read lot of you previous post, all you do is argue with everyone and claim their morons or fools that know nothing. Looks to me you are the fool. Your like arguing with a teenage kid, so on that note I'm done wasting my time with you.
I don't argue with everyone, I just point out the moronic when it presents itself. It's a thankless job, I know. I understand how frustrating it is for you trying to have an adult argument you're clearly ill prepared to have (not that I understand if from *your* side, I generally stopped constructing arguments like a child several decades ago). You can go off hating and continuing to be childish (like, say, Snakesniper), or you can use the opportunity of being called on your **** to grow up and do better in the future.

Your choice, no skin off my nose either way.
__________________
DMc

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump