MikeBuckler
MBYF

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
MikeBuckler owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MikeBuckler has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MikeBuckler supports DLX Technology
MikeBuckler owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Yeah, I recently met a guy named buddy from chatham that plays there quite often. I'd love to but that's a heck of a drive lol

Are you Canadian?
www.PB-Canada.com
Support it, help it grow!
MikeBuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM #191
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

You guys should carpool on weekends or something.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:48 PM #192
MikeBuckler
MBYF

Annual Supporting Member
MikeBuckler owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MikeBuckler has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MikeBuckler supports DLX Technology
MikeBuckler owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I meant the commute in general isn't doable for me with the wife and kids and all. There's rumour of a pretty bad *** field opening in town here though

Are you Canadian?
www.PB-Canada.com
Support it, help it grow!
MikeBuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 AM #193
STLOutlawz

STLOutlawz plays in the PSP
STLOutlawz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STLOutlawz plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBuckler

Damn really? Lol I thought this was amazing deal
45 case and entry happens here a lot
Old 10-13-2012, 10:20 AM #194
lcullum

Annual Supporting Member
lcullum supports DLX Technology
my feild we get formula 13 or usually something along that line for 125 a case, if you are a "sponsored" player you get 85$ a case, all day air is 10$. The other field in the next city is 135 for marbleizer, or red legion and 10 dolaar entery agin.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:45 AM #195
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
So basically paintballing in Canada means breaking the bank lol

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:17 PM #196
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcullum View Post
my feild we get formula 13 or usually something along that line for 125 a case, if you are a "sponsored" player you get 85$ a case, all day air is 10$. The other field in the next city is 135 for marbleizer, or red legion and 10 dolaar entery agin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
No not necessarily. It just means that paintball in Canada (at least at some fields) is played differently. More like the way it was played in the USA (and everywhere else in the world) at one time. Speedball and some recreational woodsball paintball fields in Canada are priced virtually the same as in the USA.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:22 PM #197
htownseanthomas
R.I.P. SPACEBAT :'(

htownseanthomas is playing at Living Legends V
htownseanthomas is for the Gunfight
htownseanthomas has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas is attending Decay of Nations VI
$50 cash for a case of Draxxus Bronze, or GI Sports Imperial, oh yeaaaaa. Gotta love paint prices after local tournaments.
http://tinyurl.com/GearbagSale702

VegasXtremePaintBall, be there.

"Originally posted by "pbmink": You better dodgy that **** RIGHT ****ING NOW"
htownseanthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:57 PM #198
universal_dave
TIP#001

Annual Supporting Member
universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
It's that socialized medicine....it gets you every time. Or maybe not.

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
universal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:09 PM #199
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcullum View Post
I bought Formula 13 two times, for $45 a case, and it was the most junk paint I've ever shot. Might have been the weather(was cold) but the stuff was garbage.

Paintballing in Canada won't break the bank if you avoid scheming and price gouging fields charging 4 to 5 times more than they should be. Their cost is not more than 10% of our cost.

What many companies of various avenues practice is average by profit rather than volume by numbers. They are the companies that make certain activities frowned upon, but they aren't the only companies of the sort and should simply be avoided. It they get one person to spend $200 for one box of paint and one day on the field, they just made more money than 4 people spending $80 each for a box of paint plus a day. If cost is $25 for a box, they sell 4 boxes at $50 each, they make $100 on those 4 boxes. If they sell that same box for $180 then they make $155 on that single box.

The way these jerk off companies see it is that they can have less than a quarter of the customers and still make more than appropriately priced fields. This also means they don't have to work nearly as hard because instead of 100 players, they have less than 25. Less work, less overhead, less wholesale purchasing and still make more money. Smart and ridiculous at the same time.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:40 PM #200
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Nah, not at all, it just depends on where you go.

My local outdoor field is $50 case & entry, free fills all day long AND free lunch.
My indoor field is around $90 case & entry, free fills all day. Both are speedball fields.

Horizon's business model is very few and far between, thank god.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:05 PM #201
bowgster
RSK

Annual Supporting Member
bowgster is playing at Living Legends V
bowgster is playing at Living Legends VI
bowgster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bowgster posts videos on PbNation
bowgster has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
bowgster has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
55 dollars for entry and a case of paint at my field
bowgster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:33 PM #202
Nahib_Stilgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
I bought Formula 13 two times, for $45 a case, and it was the most junk paint I've ever shot. Might have been the weather(was cold) but the stuff was garbage.

Paintballing in Canada won't break the bank if you avoid scheming and price gouging fields charging 4 to 5 times more than they should be. Their cost is not more than 10% of our cost.

What many companies of various avenues practice is average by profit rather than volume by numbers. They are the companies that make certain activities frowned upon, but they aren't the only companies of the sort and should simply be avoided. It they get one person to spend $200 for one box of paint and one day on the field, they just made more money than 4 people spending $80 each for a box of paint plus a day. If cost is $25 for a box, they sell 4 boxes at $50 each, they make $100 on those 4 boxes. If they sell that same box for $180 then they make $155 on that single box.

The way these jerk off companies see it is that they can have less than a quarter of the customers and still make more than appropriately priced fields. This also means they don't have to work nearly as hard because instead of 100 players, they have less than 25. Less work, less overhead, less wholesale purchasing and still make more money. Smart and ridiculous at the same time.
I am glad you are well versed on the economics of mass purchasing power. The US is a bigger market, therefore the paint in the US is often much cheaper. More buyers, better prices. Canada has less buyers and spread over a larger land mass making paint prices more expensive, even at the wholesale level.

There are fields here in Canada that charge much less.

However considering that the physical number of people in Canada is 1/10th the number in the US... 35 million vs 300+million... Many fields are forced to raise the prices of their paint inorder to make ends meet let alone turn any sort of profit.

Added to that, Some fields DONT WANT you to buy a case for your self! Crazy concept eh?
Nahib_Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:10 PM #203
Tempted (Banned)

Very crazy concept unless you consider the business plan I outlined that the gouging fields follow.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:25 PM #204
Horizon

Quote:

About 5 or 6 years ago, we had a group of players that started to come up fairly regularly and they seemed to have a lot of money (I think the money orginated from illegal sources, but that's beside the point). Anyway, these guys were buying a case of paint each quite often. Now if I thought like you (but I don't because I'm not greedy), I would be rubbing my hands together and laughing all the way to the bank. But you know what we did instead. We asked them to consider playing at another filed. We told them that we didn't think that we were a good fit for them and they should probably play at a field where people are shooting more paint. We basically told them they weren't welcome at our field. They were a little pissed at us, because they liked our field, but they did go elsewhere and everyone ended up being happier for it. I've run into a couple of them over the years, and they are no longer pissed at us and have actually admitted that, looking back, we did the right thing.

Your idea that we only need 1/4 of the customers to make the same profit is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:09 PM #205
TheHef

Horizon you could also limit by only selling 500 paintballs a day to customers and limit paintballs being shot that way, but it does make you a lot more money to mark them up 500% .

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:20 PM #206
Tempted (Banned)

No it isn't. How much do you make on one case of paint? 6 times more than any good field makes.

You are going to sell paint at $200 a box no matter how you slice it. One guy buying a $180 case is no different(other than you charging even more) than a bunch of sales for $10 per 100 rounds. You make your mega inflated profit whether they buy a case or a bag of 100. You just try to make yourself look like you are doing newbies a favor when all you are actually doing to them is over charging them. You are a stain on the sport. A reason people can't afford to play as often as they would like to. You are hurting our sport by repelling new ballers to keep playing.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:21 PM #207
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef View Post
Horizon you could also limit by only selling 500 paintballs a day to customers and limit paintballs being shot that way, but it does make you a lot more money to mark them up 500% .
That ^^^
Old 10-13-2012, 11:36 PM #208
Horizon

Quote:
No it isn't. How much do you make on one case of paint? 6 times more than any good field makes.

You are going to sell paint at $200 a box no matter how you slice it. One guy buying a $180 case is no different(other than you charging even more) than a bunch of sales for $10 per 100 rounds. You make your mega inflated profit whether they buy a case or a bag of 100. You just try to make yourself look like you are doing newbies a favor when all you are actually doing to them is over charging them. You are a stain on the sport. A reason people can't afford to play as often as they would like to. You are hurting our sport by repelling new ballers to keep playing.
Only fixed costs stay the same, variable costs (expenses) increase with the number of players..

Obviously expenses vary greatly in different part of the world. That aside, the only expense we have less than a field that sells more paint to each customer is the cost of the paint, which is not a field's biggest expense. At least it shouldn't be unless it's a crappy field that doesn't provide much to their customers. But that savings is offset by providing better than average service like higher ref to player ratios than most fields, free lunch, included air/CO2, rarely charge own gear players for stuff they need like tanks, barrel socks, masks, camo and such. I HOPE we have more profit per player than many fields, but I doubt that we honestly do. You just think we do. But you actually know very little about our business. The only thing you can focus on is the price of paint, probably because you're the type of player that regularly shoots more than a bag of 500.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:45 PM #209
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
The only thing you can focus on is the price of paint, probably because you're the type of player that regularly shoots more than a bag of 500.
How "horrible". God forbid someone wants to shoot a bunch of paint, it's not like we're playing paintball or anything.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:28 AM #210
Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
How "horrible". God forbid someone wants to shoot a bunch of paint, it's not like we're playing paintball or anything.
No. It's not horrible. I don't have a problem with players shooting a lot of paint in the right environment. Our field unfortunately would not be the right environment for you. And yes, we're all playing paintball, just differently.