PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-27-2012, 09:08 PM #1
wurthit1985

wurthit1985 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Club Closed (would like addressed) Thanks

To Whom it may concern:

I am contacting you in reference to the permanent closing of the Luxe Mob, by MOD (msonic). I have to fight this because we feel as a club it is a personal vendetta that he has had against me and the club. Just today he banned me and infracted a few others because we reported a post from an outside member that appeared to be doing nothing but trolling the thread. I simply reported the thread and got a 3 day ban, for what I have no idea. Now the other members might have made comments to get infractions but thatís them. Naturally I was pissed and felt the ban was a personal shot from Mike (msonic) towards me so I posted a not so nice response from another account (this one). If he wanted to ban me for that rightfully so I said what I had to say. In return he decides to close the thread for good without any chance of re-opening and threatens infractions if attempts are made to create another one or contact the MODS. Iím not sure how the MODS of this sight are chosen, but itís clear that Mike (msonic) has had it out for our club from the beginning, closing our thread down twice prior to this, once before I took over the club. I understand he has a job to do and thatís what infractions are for, but to take it upon himself to permantely ban the club for good, thatís wrong. Itís a public forum for crying out loud, some of the other clubs get away with tons of BS. Anyway I feel that as a MOD he has over stepped his boundaries with the shutdown of the club. I have included some of the quotes from the past thread prior to this one in which his comments in my opinion shows his anger towards the club and some of itís members. Iím sorry to bother you with this, but this club is very special to a lot of us and we have accomplished many things along the way, and for it to be shut down by one person, I donít think that is right. I hope you will take this in consideration and look further into the matter.

Comments made by msonic from prior threads:

1) pballerfolife21

The buck stops with me. You are already off the list anyway. If you think you can post without earning infractions, please try. Otherwise, take yourself elsewhere.

And if everyone else can't behave in this trial run of a thread, you lose it forever. Not that hard to Not be childish.

2) Don't like paintball related talk keeping the thread active? Ok cya.

Originally Posted by wurthit4660
Well ya it's paintball related, but 10 messages back and fourth with another member, just seems a little much when something like that could be handled in pm's. But who am I to say anymore since you guys hold the power, and just itching to shut us down And for sure this club never needs any help keeping the current thread active, ask anyone that!! Always crazy busy in here because were one of the biggest clubs going...

Nah, I'm done. I thought this club could change some for the better. Oh well.

Have at it. Just note that there is no more leniency allotted for anyone now.

I'll still edit the listings for this thread as needed.

Thanks, Scott (Wurthit4660)

++++++Christ Krew++++++

5 Reasons To Date A Paintballer
1.We are good at moving our fingers extremely fast in small places. 2.We like to slide into our positions. 3.We love to be aggressive. 4.We can fire off 1000's of rounds without getting tired. 5.We aren't afraid to dive face first into the grass
wurthit1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 PM #2
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurthit1985 View Post
Just today he banned me and infracted a few others because we reported a post from an outside member that appeared to be doing nothing but trolling the thread. I simply reported the thread and got a 3 day ban, for what I have no idea.
1. It was point accumulation that got you banned; it wasn't an outright ban.
2. You earned the infraction for spam, not for reporting someone's post.

Quote:
Naturally I was pissed and felt the ban was a personal shot from Mike (msonic) towards me so I posted a not so nice response from another account (this one). If he wanted to ban me for that rightfully so I said what I had to say. In return he decides to close the thread for good without any chance of re-opening and threatens infractions if attempts are made to create another one or contact the MODS.
So, you get upset, post in the club thread and rile people up; and why would you think this would go well? If you're going to be "running" the club, you should lead by example and try to keep the members in check; not working them up.

Quote:
Iím not sure how the MODS of this sight are chosen, but itís clear that Mike (msonic) has had it out for our club from the beginning, closing our thread down twice prior to this, once before I took over the club. I understand he has a job to do and thatís what infractions are for, but to take it upon himself to permantely ban the club for good, thatís wrong.
If the members can't keep themselves in line, obviously infractions aren't working. We could continue to infract more often, or just close the thread because it's obvious it's members can't handle the responsibility of having it open.

Quote:
Comments made by msonic from prior threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by msonic
1) pballerfolife21

The buck stops with me. You are already off the list anyway. If you think you can post without earning infractions, please try. Otherwise, take yourself elsewhere.
I think you're reading this wrong; I don't think he means "I dare you to post, I'll give you an infraction if you do; you should probably leave" he saying the opposite: "If you can stay without earning infractions, then do it. Otherwise, leave so you don't earn infractions"

Quote:
And if everyone else can't behave in this trial run of a thread, you lose it forever. Not that hard to Not be childish.
Here he *warns* that the members must behave or the thread is gone.

Quote:
2) Don't like paintball related talk keeping the thread active? Ok cya.
It's a thread that should have paintball related talk; if you don't like it, then you should fine another thread. Again, the members were warned about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurthit4660
Well ya it's paintball related, but 10 messages back and fourth with another member, just seems a little much when something like that could be handled in pm's.
Keep in mind, that little run of having the members post how they reported the post? That was close-ish to 10 posts as well (No, I didn't bother to count exactly). It just wasn't necessary and further riled people up. As it says in the forum rules, don't respond to the posts you report. Report them as needed and move on. All talking about it does is make more work for us and possibly bring you into the mix of infractions.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:35 AM #3
wurthit1985

responding back to some of your points:

Ok for one what was spam that I posted? I received the ban after reporting the improper post, and then referring to it in another post later in the thread, which you indicate is wrong. However, I really didn't comment on it, I simply said and quote "Reported as well thumbs up symbol". just to let the rest of the members know that it had been taken care to avoid any further comments. (also curious why was that post of mine deleted)?

True, I should not have posted anything negative to cause any further incidents, take total blame for that. Little pissed to recieve a ban for something I was told to do by Mike (reporting any bad post), still don't see the spam post that caused me to receive the infraction to put me over in total accumulation of points though!!!

We just completed an entire thread without any issues or warnings form Mike, it wasn't until today and in reference to that one post did he have to hand out infractions/bans, so it's hard to say that our members have been out of control unless you go back about two threads where he took control of the thread.

As far as his comments are concerned, you can take them either way. Of course you guys won't see it the way we do but it's pretty obvious to us what he is saying.

I still don't see how the little comments made warrants the clouser of the club for good!!! This is my argument to you, I don't care about the ban or infractions they are what they are. But to ban a club for good after we have had no issues in a long time, seems a little harsh and personal to us. Now I would agree with you if Mike was having to dish out infractions frequently to our members but this was not the case, up until todays incident.

Well I appreciate the response back, and understand you backing up one of your own, but I do hope you see some of our concerns and points. Would like to move on from this point and continue the club, as it is one of the larger, more popular clubs on the nation. Thanks

++++++Christ Krew++++++

1.We are good at moving our fingers extremely fast in small places. 2.We like to slide into our positions. 3.We love to be aggressive. 4.We can fire off 1000's of rounds without getting tired. 5.We aren't afraid to dive face first into the grass

Last edited by wurthit1985 : 09-28-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 PM #4
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
Let's go back over things real quick:
  • msonic is active in the luxe mob threads and eventually says the club is on thin ice and more trouble will be the loss of the club
  • you get an infraction, which turns to a ban due to point accumulation. At this point, the thread is still open.
  • instead of pming msonic to ask what happened, you take it as a personal shot (it wasn't) and start trolling the moderator that's been an active poster in your club and has already told you the thread is on thin ice. If you're unsure of what comment I'm referring to, look at msonics closing post here. Personally, I don't see these as "little comments"

What earned you the infraction was not what was caused the thread to be closed, riling people up to troll a moderator is what did it. *Could* you take his comments the wrong way? Sure, if you take them out of context in which pballer was saying he couldn't be removed from the group because it's a "public group", and was *just* issued an infraction in that thread. So, taking it into context he's saying if he can avoid further infractions, he should stay. Keep in mind, you don't see infractions and deleted posts. If we're doing our job well, you won't see the stuff that's going on in the background too much. Just because a mod is warning someone, doesn't mean it's unjust.

Also keep in mind, I'm not "defending one of my own". If a moderator has done something I don't agree with, I'll let them know. I've done it before and will continue to do it; we're not above the rules (in fact, we are, and should be, held to a higher standard). I'm not saying these things because I'm defending msonic, I'm saying them because I believe he made the right decision.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

Last edited by FallNAngel : 09-28-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:52 PM #5
wurthit1985

Look at that, the most viewed thread in this entire section.. wonder why?? One of the biggest/most popular clubs, great people, lots of accomplishments along the way.. Shut down by ONE person for minor infractions...

++++++Christ Krew++++++

Old 09-30-2012, 11:19 AM #6
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
you think trolling a moderator when that moderator has told you the club is on thin ice is a minor infraction?

Old 10-01-2012, 06:18 PM #7
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Got off the phone with Scott a little while ago.
I asked him to provide me a number to call, which he did, and I called him up to discuss the situation.

Thanks for the great conversation. I hope you realize that my words online and man-to-man are true and honest. I am glad we came to a positive conclusion over the phone about this situation and the Luxe Mob.

Go ahead and remake the thread and run the Club like you and I both know you can.

Thanks again for accepting the call and talking.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote