Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-01-2013, 02:03 PM #1
Antichaos

Antichaos owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Antichaos supports Team VICIOUS
Antichaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exclamation Is the i4 too low-profile on me?

Hey guys, just got my brand new i4 Orange Tiger w/ Bronze Fire chrome thermal lens
Needless to say, it looks beautiful and I want to run to the field every time I see it on my stand lol.
Now down to business, I just have a question of opinion here because, while the mask is very compact and low profile which I love, its also...well, small. Duh.
Out of all my friends, I am one of the few who can wear it without having my jaw completely hang out! (Yea I'm a smaller guy lol) The only thing is, while my face is covered (all the important bits minus the forehead of course, as there are no visors out for the i4 yet) my jaw sort of sticks out a good bit on each side (maybe a square inch on both sides?)
My question is: Do you think this is an issue? I have a very bad tendency to get shot in the neck... seriously, its a curse. It's at least once every trip to the field. Should I consider changing to a different mask? And if so, what others out there could be an option?
I like the lightness of the i4 and the peripherals so what other options should I look into (if you think the i4 isn't for me.)

Thanks guys!

PS: I'm also new to the forums, so I'd like to say hey to all you fellow paintballers out there!
Antichaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2013, 08:28 PM #2
Apewar

if you dont get hit in the jaw then the i4 is fine. you could try out a flex mask that have wide bottoms to maybe lessen the neck hits.
Apewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:56 PM #3
TJM13PB
Follow the Flow

TJM13PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TJM13PB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TJM13PB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I love the fit of i4s honestly. but if it's comfortable to you, then nobody else's opinion matters. but if you're truly worried, check out grillz, super comfy, same short profile, but a little wider.

TJM13PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM #4
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Even the smaller guys are going to get hit in the jaw some in exposed areas. Its just a question if the occasional jaw bruise is worth the comfort.

I really like the fit of the I4's and was thinking about getting one but I dont want to go into the office with welts on my jaw. But don't get me wrong if I was still in school or didn't have a office job I wouldn't mind.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 PM #5
MatManiac19

MatManiac19 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
MatManiac19 supports Team VICIOUS
If you don't feel comfortable in I4's...Try the V-force Grill! It's an awesome mask, and it is cheaper than I4's!
MatManiac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:52 PM #6
JL1988

JL1988 plays in the APPA beginner division
I find it rare to get shot in the jaw. The one time i have while wearing the i4's, it didn't really leave a bruise so I didn't think much of it haha
JL1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 PM #7
EvilPimp_
Where my money at???

If you have a pro shop, go there and try on different masks to compare how far they come down your jaw line. I have Proto Axis, I4s, and Grill, and they all pretty much cover the same amount of jaw area with the Grill coming down a little more. The i4s are slightly smaller, but not worth worring about. I prefer the smaller profile. I have a small head tho, and they stop at my jaw bone. I'm more concerned about my neck than my jaw. As you get better, you will get shot less in the jaw.
EvilPimp_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:26 AM #8
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Proshop proshop proshop. Support them if only for this one reason. The Internet can give you sizes for jerseys and pants but not the "feel" of a mask arguably your most important piece of gear.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 AM #9
Larry27
Turbo

Larry27 is playing at Living Legends VI
Larry27 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Larry27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If your jaw gets hit repeatedly and you don't feel comfortable with it, the closest thing to an i4 I'd say would be a Sly Profit, only difference is coverage area.
ST!FFI MF 14inch .689
Tiberius Arms T9.1 Elite
Larry27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM #10
Antichaos

Antichaos owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Antichaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey guys, thanks to everyone for the responses! @2pipes and the rest of you recommending my local proshop, I do in fact buy all of my gear through my local shop (Unless its not possible for them to order in what I need, in any way shape or form) as I strongly believe in supporting the local businesses. As for the Grill recommendations, I have tried it out and found it a little too... Well my friend said it best when he said it was too "gorilla-ish", meaning that the lower portion of the mask sticks out a little far for my (and his) taste. Is there anything else out there that could stand toe to toe with the weight and efficiency of the i4 atm?
Once again, thanks everyone for taking the time to comment on this for me!
Antichaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:08 PM #11
PurpleNinjaX2
Want A Cookie?

PurpleNinjaX2 is playing at Living Legends VI
PurpleNinjaX2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PurpleNinjaX2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PurpleNinjaX2 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antichaos View Post
Hey guys, thanks to everyone for the responses! @2pipes and the rest of you recommending my local proshop, I do in fact buy all of my gear through my local shop (Unless its not possible for them to order in what I need, in any way shape or form) as I strongly believe in supporting the local businesses. As for the Grill recommendations, I have tried it out and found it a little too... Well my friend said it best when he said it was too "gorilla-ish", meaning that the lower portion of the mask sticks out a little far for my (and his) taste. Is there anything else out there that could stand toe to toe with the weight and efficiency of the i4 atm?
Once again, thanks everyone for taking the time to comment on this for me!
I have e-flex's and love them. Amazing breathability, view, and its light.
PurpleNinjaX2 is offline   Reply With Quote