Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-01-2012, 03:27 AM #1
timefourfood

Drop forward help

I have a Worr Game Products Torpedo Drop Forward with ASA on Tippmann 98 Custom. Here's the picture of the problem in below.

The problem with my drop forward is it's too small that my tank can't connect and causes the tank gauge (yellow circle) to hit the forward during threading. Is there something I can do.

Can I add a rail or something to the (red arrow area) to make more of a drop so that my tank gauge can fit in? The Drop forward can separate with the dovetail ASA. So is there a rail I can put in between the drop forward and ASA?

My ideal drop forward will be the blue line, a HUGE drop froward so that my tank can center the marker's weight. Any suggestions of a product out there?
Can something like this be done homemade? Like going to Home Depot and getting metal pieces?
timefourfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2012, 11:07 AM #2
CA_Tectonics

If the ASA can seperate from the drop, the easiest (and probably the cheapest) is to just get a rail to put between them. You can probably find a used one for ~$10 shipped.

Another option would be to get one of those reg extenders from MacDev. However, this option kind of defeats the purpose of the drop since it would be moving the center of mass toward the back end of the set-up. The extender is basically just a piece that would go between the tank reg and the ASA.

As for getting a larger drop, there are larger ones out there. First one that comes to mind is one from Psycho Ballistics. This one: Psycho Ballistics bullet drop forward.html I have one on my old Spyder. I have modified it a tad since the following pic was taken - I counter-sunk the screws holding the drop to the gripframe. This gave me a little more room. Picture of set-up for size reference:

7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote