Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 10:10 PM #1
Sugarcoat
 
 
Sugarcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Hey guys and/or gals. I recently purchased a Geo 3 and have been having problems with it. It shoots just fine single shot and then when I get on the trigger it has bad velocity drop into the 120's-130's. It gets bad bolt stick until I turn the regulator all the way down then work it back up until it shoots again and then when i start getting around the 280's it starts sticking again. When i turn the regulator really high i hear a hissing sound coming from the regulator (i dont know if that matters or not). I've tried cleaning/relubing the bolt multiple times with more, less, and the right amount of lube that jack wood shows to use on his video. I've tried cleaning/relubing the regulator multiple times. I've tried restoring the board to factory multiple times. I've tried changing batteries and using high quality batteries. I've tried using the non adjustable SFR plug and many different settings with the adjustable SFR plug. I've also sent it into a PE tech and they relubed the spool and solenoid and got it working for a little bit, but when i got it back today it went back to doing the same thing. I'm all out of ideas. Does anyone know what's going on with my gun?

Last edited by Sugarcoat : 09-14-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Sugarcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2012, 07:58 AM #2
Farbenstrolch
 
 
Farbenstrolch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Europe
Farbenstrolch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Farbenstrolch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Farbenstrolch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Maybe any chance of trying another air system ? Just to avoid a problem with the regulator of your bottle ....
Farbenstrolch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:09 AM #3
frenchy2475
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farbenstrolch View Post
Maybe any chance of trying another air system ? Just to avoid a problem with the regulator of your bottle ....
+1
frenchy2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:21 AM #4
Sugarcoat
 
 
Sugarcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Yeah I've tried using both my ninja and guerilla tanks
Sugarcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:18 AM #5
MeŠiCX
Boneyard Paintball
 
MeŠiCX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Plymouth, WI
Annual Supporting Member
MeŠiCX owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
MeŠiCX owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I would suggest sending it in to a PE authorized service center. You can find the closest service center here: http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/service_centres
MeŠiCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:21 AM #6
Sugarcoat
 
 
Sugarcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
I already sent it to a service center, they didn't fix it.
Sugarcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 AM #7
Farbenstrolch
 
 
Farbenstrolch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Europe
Farbenstrolch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Farbenstrolch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Farbenstrolch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
what about the "new" filter between inline reg an body ? Did you clean that and checked it for any debris ?
Farbenstrolch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:48 AM #8
Sugarcoat
 
 
Sugarcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
It's a brand new gun....
Sugarcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:15 PM #9
Issate
 
 
Issate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kirkenes, Norway
Issate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Issate has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Issate has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would send it again. And If it dosent work after that ask for a brand new one or refund.
Issate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:20 PM #10
Sugarcoat
 
 
Sugarcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issate
I would send it again. And If it dosent work after that ask for a brand new one or refund.
Will they do that?
Sugarcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:42 PM #11
Cthulhu24
Heavy Artillery
 
Cthulhu24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Cthulhu24 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dude its under warranty so if it really is for sure broken they have to fix it.
__________________
From the deeps I rise.
Cthulhu24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:31 PM #12
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
You sent it into a service center and they sent it back already still not working properly? Did you email Nicky T yet? Should have been the first thing you did after getting it back from the service center
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:55 PM #13
Sugarcoat
 
 
Sugarcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06
You sent it into a service center and they sent it back already still not working properly? Did you email Nicky T yet? Should have been the first thing you did after getting it back from the service center
Yeah I just emailed him today, and yes still not working properly
Sugarcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:40 PM #14
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11
 
oldmanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fairview
Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarcoat View Post
Hey guys and/or gals. I recently purchased a Geo 3 and have been having problems with it. It shoots just fine single shot and then when I get on the trigger it has bad velocity drop into the 120's-130's. It gets bad bolt stick until I turn the regulator all the way down then work it back up until it shoots again and then when i start getting around the 280's it starts sticking again. When i turn the regulator really high i hear a hissing sound coming from the regulator (i dont know if that matters or not). I've tried cleaning/relubing the bolt multiple times with more, less, and the right amount of lube that jack wood shows to use on his video. I've tried cleaning/relubing the regulator multiple times. I've tried restoring the board to factory multiple times. I've tried changing batteries and using high quality batteries. I've tried using the non adjustable SFR plug and many different settings with the adjustable SFR plug. I've also sent it into a PE tech and they relubed the spool and solenoid and got it working for a little bit, but when i got it back today it went back to doing the same thing. I'm all out of ideas. Does anyone know what's going on with my gun?
If you can try and use one of your bottles with a different ASA and use that to feed the air, I've not seen the issue with the POPS, but your description reminds me of the way a marker I had acted and it turned out to be an ASA issue. See if you can give that a shot.
__________________
***Support Joan's Reach***
Support Trisomy18.org ~ ~ Support Michaels Feat
Old Feedback +19/-0 -|- New Feedback +28/-0 -|- ebayFeedback +236/-0
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:00 PM #15
Sugarcoat
 
 
Sugarcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanian

If you can try and use one of your bottles with a different ASA and use that to feed the air, I've not seen the issue with the POPS, but your description reminds me of the way a marker I had acted and it turned out to be an ASA issue. See if you can give that a shot.
Yeah I have an ego11, I'll switch them and try it
Sugarcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:32 PM #16
Paintball$niper
 
 
Paintball$niper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Washington
 has been a member for 10 years
Paintball$niper donated to help Peyton Trent
Paintball$niper owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Paintball$niper supports DLX Technology
Tear the entire bolt system down check all orings, take apart the reg check all orings. Lube all everything lightly like they are just wet on all orings with both suggested areas put back together try again. Look at the orings closely if questionable replace. If problem still persists then id ship it off. I had a decent velocity problem with mine and doing that solved the problem completely.
Paintball$niper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:17 PM #17
Sugarcoat
 
 
Sugarcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Anymore suggestions anyone??
Sugarcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:44 PM #18
Sugarcoat
 
 
Sugarcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
i've also did a full oring rebuild, and tried a different asa, problem still persists, but now when i fire all the gun does is puff air from the solenoid and the bolt doesnt even move...im stumped
Sugarcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:32 PM #19
TeamConcussion#9
 
 
TeamConcussion#9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
TeamConcussion#9 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Have you tried a new quality battery? Are you sure you have enough air in your tank? I am a certified factory warranty tech but Im located in washington state. Where are you located and i can help you to find a quality repair center.
__________________
Jake Smart
Factory Certified Planet Eclipse Tech

Team CONCUSSION Facebook
Special thanks to our Sponsors
--GoBigPaintball-store
--GoBigPaintball-Facebook
--GOODBURGER welcome to good burger, home of the good burger...
TeamConcussion#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:52 PM #20
Sugarcoat
 
 
Sugarcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamConcussion#9
Have you tried a new quality battery? Are you sure you have enough air in your tank? I am a certified factory warranty tech but Im located in washington state. Where are you located and i can help you to find a quality repair center.
Yeah I've already sent it to a PE service center near me and they're paying for me to send it back again when they get parts in, and yes I've tried plenty of new quality batteries, and different air sources with 2000+ psi
Sugarcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:55 PM #21
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11
 
oldmanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fairview
Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
Next thing would be to swap out the reg with another, but you likely don't have one that would work. After that I'd check the noid.
__________________
***Support Joan's Reach***
Support Trisomy18.org ~ ~ Support Michaels Feat
Old Feedback +19/-0 -|- New Feedback +28/-0 -|- ebayFeedback +236/-0
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump