PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2012, 09:10 PM #1
Bigplayspaint

Bigplayspaint is playing at Living Legends VI
Bigplayspaint supports DLX Technology
Question About Sweat Paint

I just bought some cases of paintball. They were on a deal so the guy said "The stuff is starting to sweat, not all but some".

I plan on playing this coming saturday ... is there any way I can slow down the sweating or anything? i bought a few cases and i want to use them to play woodsball.
Bigplayspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 PM #2
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Put them in a cooler?

Honestly, if it's whitebox paint you're going to hate yourself. You get what you pay for.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 PM #3
Bigplayspaint

Its not whitebox. Its XO Chrome. Some pretty high end stuff I believe. Online its going for 60-70$ a box.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 PM #4
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Try to keep them in a climate controlled environment like a house with AC, but other than that there isn't too much you can do.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:20 PM #5
Bigplayspaint

Wouldn't putting them in a cooler freeze them and make them i dunno ... kinda like monster balls?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:21 PM #6
Bigplayspaint

Yeah right now they're just sitting in my living room with my A/C running about 69-75 degrees
Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 PM #7
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
pour a pod or two worth of paint into a towel and kind of rub the towel all over the paint. This will pick up a good bunch of the oil. Put the paint in new ziploc bags though when done (or turn the old ones inside out if you can). Also, keep your paint in a nice cool closet, keep them cool and out of the sun. A cooler (with no ice in it) would work too but coolers will also keep in the heat too sometimes.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:46 PM #8
Bigplayspaint

Would it be fine if I just leave the paint in the original bag without wiping the sweat it and just throw it in a fridge?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:01 PM #9
Speedfreak11

Speedfreak11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Speedfreak11 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The issue with putting it in the fridge is the condensation you will get when you pull it out. You don't want the paint much colder than the ambient temperature.

Like THUMBS said, pour some on a towel and rub over them with your hand flat over another towel. This will get all of the oil and "sweat" off of them. Once they are nice and clean, put them in a gallon ziploc bag and store them somewhere away from sunlight, but not where an a/c vent blows right on them.
Speedfreak11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 PM #10
Bigplayspaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrogen98 View Post
Don't refrigerate them because that will cause even bigger problems. Just leave them in the original bag with the sweat until you are ready to use them and then towel them off right before you do. Store the remaining paintballs in a new bag.
Yeah thats what I've been talking about with my friend. It sounds like a good plan. Can anyone support it? THUMBS or other people? Is it better to wait until the day before/on the current day to wipe off the paint rather than right now? I plan on playing this coming Saturday so yeah. And when I remove the sweat, do I just throw them back in the same bag or bring some Ziplocs with me when I get to the paintball field?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:37 PM #11
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplayspaint View Post
Yeah thats what I've been talking about with my friend. It sounds like a good plan. Can anyone support it? THUMBS or other people? Is it better to wait until the day before/on the current day to wipe off the paint rather than right now? I plan on playing this coming Saturday so yeah. And when I remove the sweat, do I just throw them back in the same bag or bring some Ziplocs with me when I get to the paintball field?
I would do it the day of, and then put the extras in a new zip lock or in spare pods if you plan on shooting them all.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 PM #12
byarosh201

I typically keep my extra paint in my pods at the end of the day. Even if I don't go for a week or 2 after that. I just make sure to take them out to roll em around to prevent them from dimpling
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:32 PM #13
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
Towel it off now or towel it off right before you go. There isn't going much more oil on them over the next few days, it really just comes from just being old paint. If the bags are just twist-tied closed, just invert the bag so you can keep all of that residual oil off the clean balls. If the bags are the sealed kind, just get some big ziploc bags and you will be fine. Just do not refrigerate them. It can degrade the shell either leaving it super flexible (bounces all day) or super brittle (barrel breaks all day).

About keeping paint in pods: if you fill pods the correct way, leaving no noise when you shake a full pod, you will want to take some paint out (like <90% full pods) at the end of play to prevent dimples. And rotate the pods/bags every few days in addition to cool, dark storage.

Last edited by masterofTHUMBS : 10-01-2012 at 09:35 PM.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote