Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 PM #1
SweetnLulz

Theoretical Paintball Field Questions

Hi there, PbNation. I've been playing paintball since 2006, and like many young people I had the dream of owning my own paintball field. However, ever since I read TargetIndy's "Hard Truths" post, I gave up on that dream. The reason I'm here asking for help today is because I'm in enrolled in a BA 101 class that requires us to make a business. I pitched the idea of an indoor paintball field in the city center and my group seems to want to make it work.

I have been working at a paintball pro shop for the last 3 years, so I have some idea about equipment, however, I am ignorant about the actual field portion of owning a paintball field.

My questions would be about playing field size, staging area size, lobby, and staffing. A very big question is what to do with field cleanup. I'm basing my mental image of an indoor field on Portland Paintball http://web.archive.org/web/200601151.../pdxpaintball/ and their field was made of dirt, sand, and sawdust with an inch layer of shell husks and gack. As much as I complained about it back then, I can't think of a better surface for grip and low maintenance. (They would remove it every 6 months and lay down a fresh layer)

The goal of the project is to create a business that is profitable. The only requirements are that we have a monthly import of more than $300 and our employees have health insurance options. The customers that I'm looking to attract are kids 12-18. I am hoping for repeat renters and rec ballers.

Thank you for your responses in advance, and please let me know if you need any more information from me.
SweetnLulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2012, 08:25 AM #2
TwistedPBMom
Field Owner

TwistedPBMom is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TwistedPBMom is an Ultimate field/store owner
TwistedPBMom supports our troops
http://scubatoys.com/paintball/start...d/Foreword.asp

TwistedPBMom is offline   Reply With Quote