Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2012, 01:36 AM #1
havlc2u

Total Noob ION question

Hello I bought a ION used. (I know first mistake more than likely)
So anyway I had some air hooked it up and it would do nothing at all.
I disassembled the whole gun lubing everything and checking O rings. I put it back together and checked it out I fired just a couple of dry shots. I then took my tank in to have it filled. Brought it back and put it on now the bolt doesn't seem to be moving at all. I have changed the battery took it apart lubed again.
Still can not get it to fire. I then was checking the bolt out and when in the firing chamber should it slide pretty easy or is there some resistances? Sliding forward it has some resistance where when sliding back it does not.
I have checked for leaks none that I can hear also when you hook a tank up it does pop but only after taken it apart and putting it back together. I have changed the dwell settings many times and nothing.

At the moment when I pull the trigger can just hear the air from under the grip but the bolt is not moving. I have cleaned the Solenoid and I can hear it move when pulling the trigger.

Any help or just suggestions would be great.

Thank you

"Can't wait until Monday to get the Angel G7 Fly"
havlc2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2012, 08:56 PM #2
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
Check your regulator. It sounds as if your regulator is turned all the way down. If you have the stock regulator, use a 5/8" crescent wrench to adjust it up/down. I forgot which way, but i'm pretty sure its counter-clockwise while looking down the barrel.

Getting an ion isn't a bad choice, just got to learn all of its quirks and have patience during that time of the month.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 PM #3
havlc2u

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindchicken View Post
Check your regulator. It sounds as if your regulator is turned all the way down. If you have the stock regulator, use a 5/8" crescent wrench to adjust it up/down. I forgot which way, but i'm pretty sure its counter-clockwise while looking down the barrel.

Getting an ion isn't a bad choice, just got to learn all of its quirks and have patience during that time of the month.
Yeah I checked it and I have actually turned it all the way one way and back the other. It is setting at about 160-180. I did notice today that depending on how the macroline is setting it wants to leak air from the banjo closes to where the tank cooks in. I can then move the line some and it will stop leaking.

Do I just have to replace the banjo that is leaking or can I rebuild it or something.
havlc2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:40 PM #4
SpyderPB819

SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
Change your battery a couple of times and it should be good
SpyderPB819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:51 PM #5
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Old 10-01-2012, 08:16 PM #6
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
when adjusting your dwell did you turn it up all of the way? That is the first thing I would do.

When you say banjo, do you mean the macroline fitting? Or is it a banjo fitting inside of the marker that leaks? Both of which are very cheap fixes. Less than $5 for the fitting.

Even though the orings look alright, it wouldn't hurt just to replace them. Sometimes an oring is damaged and you can't see it.

I know Ions can be picky, but once you get them working, they shoot great for what they are.
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote