PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-29-2012, 10:08 PM #1
colewagon

colewagon plays in the MiLP
colewagon plays in the APPA D5 division
Killing dye resale ?!?!?!

I know this is more of a rant but i have been shooting dye products and guns since way back. It drives me insane the way people kill the resale of our guns. I have a total of about 10 matrixes and I need to sell my dm12 for some personal reasons but all everyone wants to offer is like $600. That makes me crazy!! And I see other older models eclipse bob long etc going for retail prices now. It just makes me angry. I refuse to sell my high end gun for peanuts. Sorry for the rant just wanted to see if there was anyone else who feels the same way
colewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2012, 10:55 PM #2
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
That's what happens when you release a new model every year. No different with paintball guns than any other product.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:58 PM #3
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
That's what happens when you release a new model every year. No different with paintball guns than any other product.
QFT. Dye does it to themselves. They're so determined to change the milling and release it as a "new" marker. Don't blame the players, blame Dye for releasing new models for no other reason to release new models.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:05 PM #4
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Players continue to sell the old model for dirt and buy the new model for MSRP. Dye isn't forcing anyone to buy the new one. And they aren't taking the hit when resale drops.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:10 AM #5
mxpbplayerdm12

mxpbplayerdm12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mxpbplayerdm12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mxpbplayerdm12 supports DLX Technology
i feel you pain bro same here i have a dm12 tiger lime and all I'm getting is 650 for it i love the way this guns shoot but this is my last dye marker ever!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:57 AM #6
nolarrow

has been a member for 10 years
nolarrow plays in the APPA D4 division
nolarrow has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Use it to your advantage and only buy used guns. The worst that could go wrong is you have to change some o-rings and pop in a new 9 volt (assuming the previous owner did not back up over the marker with an 18-wheeler).

You also need to consider that less people are playing, so the secondary market for guns is increasing in size as people quit and decreasing demand as less people are picking those markers up.

You also have markers from other manufacturers that perform relatively close with the dm but retail brand new for cheaper and resale even lower. You could buy a dm12 for 600 or a bob long closer for like 200. I said similar performance not exact .
nolarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:43 AM #7
bigd11287
Muscle Melter!

bigd11287 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bigd11287 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
bigd11287 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Buying a new marker is like buying a new car, the minute you shoot it, the value drops 35%.. It's a crock of crap but from a business standpoint it makes perfect sense. Players choose to purchase the gear at the companies asking price, then will either make the choice to sell it or keep it when they are done. It's all how you want to interpret it and what you choose. Like he said ^^^^ just buy used markers for the ridiculously low prices and keep it til you don't/can't play any longer, then give it to a nephew or whatnot, might as well keep the sport alive rather than be bitter over resale value.
bigd11287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:24 PM #8
eyeownyu
ryan

eyeownyu plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Players continue to sell the old model for dirt and buy the new model for MSRP. Dye isn't forcing anyone to buy the new one. And they aren't taking the hit when resale drops.
this exactly. dye could care less what 2nd hand prices are going for. all they care about is people buying the new dm12 or 13 in a few months for full MSRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolarrow View Post
Use it to your advantage and only buy used guns. The worst that could go wrong is you have to change some o-rings and pop in a new 9 volt (assuming the previous owner did not back up over the marker with an 18-wheeler).
qft, a dm9 for 300 dollars, im not complaining haha.

"It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that defines who you are." ~ teh_masterer
Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ~Tyler Durden
San Diego Pirates
VSB.
eyeownyu is offline   Reply With Quote